PDA

View Full Version : Boat Question

whitetailnut
12-17-2012, 06:27 AM
I am in the proccess of purchasing a new Tracker Pro Guide V-175 WT and do not like the fishfinder it comes with. Anyone have any experience re-wiring them for a humminbird? How difficult is it?

Lornce
12-17-2012, 07:51 AM
I'll tell you this spring I'll be replacing mine also on the same boat. Looks like you can remove the side carpet strip and fish it through the rest. Doesn't seem complicated.

Shmag
12-17-2012, 08:16 AM
I am in the proccess of purchasing a new Tracker Pro Guide V-175 WT and do not like the fishfinder it comes with. Anyone have any experience re-wiring them for a humminbird? How difficult is it?

If you're buying new from dealer, than they should be able to accomadate you. Buy your humminbird and take it to them and tell them to install it. If they were any kind of dealer selling a $ 25 g boat i would think thats the least they could do. Tell them free install and keep the replaced sonar. Tell em you talked to other dealers that were willing on doing this for you.

Freedom55
12-17-2012, 12:11 PM

Connecting the 12v is easy. Connects to the same space as the old one. Running the new transducer cable is a little harder, but some tech. guy did it so you can too. You will have to remove some screws to get bulkhead covers to move aside, but you will probably never be able to remove them entirely. Couldn't on my Lund when I put in the HDS7 last summer. Patience and a few scratches are required. Some of those screws never made it back in to their holes.

Shielding it from the main power cable is a good precaution. This will provide a cleaner image, one not spotted with interference from the electricity. Should be able to buy the right product at Radio Shack or the like.

You will need to drill new holes on you new dash, so position the base for the best viewing angle from where you will view it the most. Whether you stand at the back or you spend more time at the helm while fishing are factors in positioning.