PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P- My 4 Legged Friend

Todd
12-17-2012, 06:01 PM
Just found out I have to put down my hunting partner (my Chessie) tomorrow, what a way to start Xmas. We had a good time, you will be missed. See you on the other side buddy.

WillyOneStyle
12-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Hang in there, Todd, this must be tough.

scrapper
12-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Tough deal I have had to do that a couple times in the last 10 years it never gets any easier. I feel your pain, gonna be a sad day. All the best

Sooner
12-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Hang in there, lost my 12 yr old GSP to cancer last dec 7th, gone but not forgotten. It gets better. Google rainbow bridge. My vet sent it to me with a card last year. Condolances on the loss of a friend.

Pincherguy
12-17-2012, 06:22 PM
Thats a tough one I feel for you inyour situation. Beautiful pup.
PG

Sloughsharkjigger
12-17-2012, 06:24 PM
If she/he is suffering in any way then it is for the best..... Chessie would be thanking you. :)

I had to put my buddy of 14 years down on Easter.... it was hard... I shed a tear or two. Had her creamated and spread most of her ashes on her favorite walking trail and the rest are on the fireplace mantel.

Good luck!

mongo
12-17-2012, 06:54 PM
****ty..

Sneeze
12-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Special place up there for all bird dogs.

Endless ditches full of roosters, skies black from honking Geese and chuckling Mallards, garbage bags full of half eaten pork chops, and of course the outdoorsmen who have passed before us - up there to scratch under their ears at the end of the day.

Its a hard job saying good bye to somebody who has hunted beside you.

shakeyleg02
12-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Its a very painful situation ...very hard to move on from ...the memories are never forgotton..i wish you the best ..

Albertadiver
12-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Sorry to hear this. I dread the day that Duke's time comes.

Your chessie was thrilled to be a part of your family. Selfless and loyal.

saltwater cowboy
12-17-2012, 07:23 PM
I feel for you Todd,my old lab is laying in front of the woodstove snoring right now as old dogs like to do.
Salty

bulletman
12-17-2012, 07:50 PM
We have no dogs here but my son and daughter have dogs and they are a big part of my life! We had to put one down last year and it was pretty tough! I miss little Montana even though she wasn't the best on ''behavior'' I'm sorry that you have to go thru this so close to Christmas!

JMANRULZ
12-17-2012, 07:52 PM
Sorry to hear that, my big guy had to go last April, still aint right around here.

ex811
12-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Allot of us on this Forum share in your grief.
Allot of us have had our hunten buddies cross over the Rainbow Bridge.
We know what you're going through...

huntin
12-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Allot of us on this Forum share in your grief.
Allot of us have had our hunten buddies cross over the Rainbow Bridge.
We know what you're going through...

X2 feel your pain

chauncy
12-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Hang in there. Time will help you with your grief.

lone wolf
12-17-2012, 08:04 PM
Never an easy thing to do. Thoughts & best wishes for the days ahead.

x2 on Rainbow Bridge.

bear crossing
12-17-2012, 08:14 PM
Our little girl was a cocker spanial,we had her for 11yrs,terrible empty feeling,after 4mths picked up ahandsome male pup from mutts adored,hes now 16 mths,awsome.i still grieve at times,its hard i know,hang in there.

Zuludog
12-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Sorry to hear this. :( Hang in there.

surface2feather
12-17-2012, 08:50 PM
very sorry for your loss. handsom dog you have there. they are part of the family and its not easy to deal with. hang in there todd.

Alberta Bigbore
12-17-2012, 08:53 PM
I wish you the best in these times. Its a tough road. If you need to vent we are all here for you.

bessiedog
12-17-2012, 10:00 PM
Sorry bout this.

Part of the deal regrettably.

Always remember the good stuff.

densa44
12-17-2012, 10:09 PM
This next to the loss of a person is the hardest thing we have to face.

Remember how much you loved him and he you.

Double Shovel
12-17-2012, 10:19 PM
yeah not the easiest thing to go through, done it once and I know I will have to do it again but the love they give is a good way to heal what is gone.

threeforthree
12-17-2012, 11:00 PM
If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,Then you must do what must be done,For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad,I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day,more than all the rest,Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so.The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend.And please stay with me till the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me.Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved.From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close we two these years.Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

acrtech
12-17-2012, 11:02 PM
Sympathies all around bud !
I had to lay mine to rest on a hill over looking a lake July 2, 6 years ago. Tanner is still talked about to this day.

:sad0125:

Jimboy
12-18-2012, 01:46 AM
Just found out I have to put down my hunting partner (my Chessie) tomorrow, what a way to start Xmas. We had a good time, you will be missed. See you on the other side buddy.

Every time l see a post like this , my little Buddy comes to mind and brings the tears back , l feel your sorrow , but feel good that you gave him a good home.

Advantage Taxidermy
12-18-2012, 07:34 AM
Makes for a bad day I remember driving my Chessy to the vet for his last time still me me tear up sorry to here this :(

Wild Images
12-18-2012, 01:47 PM
And pain should keep me from my sleep,Then you must do what must be done,For this last battle cannot be won.

We've been so close we two these years.Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

WOW, Thankyou
I don't think any dog lover could read this and not shed a tear for an old friend

Mark
12-18-2012, 02:13 PM
I feel for you completely. Its been almost nine months since I had to say good bye to my best friend. I still can't hardly think about it without loosing it.

All as I can say, is that even though it was the hardest thing I ever had to do, I know it was the right thing to do. Not doing so would only be selfish and thinking only about me, not her.

Its tough, but in time I know it gets better. If only for the fact you realize it was the right thing to do.

recce43
12-18-2012, 02:25 PM

Geez that brought tears to my eyes

catnthehat
12-18-2012, 02:28 PM
It's very tough losing a hunting buddy, two legged or four legged.
The problem with the four legged pals is that although they can speak to us they do it in a different way, and sometimes we cannot tell them exactly just how much they will be missed.
I stumbled onto this yutube video, and it really hits home.
I am so very sorry for your loss, and I know if Louie and Jacob could speak, they would say the same!:thinking-006:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBPr1y0JP08
Cat

Albertadiver
12-18-2012, 03:18 PM
Geez that brought tears to my eyes

I read that last night and it did the same.

I let Duke sleep on the bed last night.... Although the wife kicked us both out and we had the spare bedroom....

threeforthree
12-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Great vid cat

Todd
12-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Yes great vid and poems. Daughter just got home from university at noon today and she got greeted with that news; didn't tell her before didn't want to distract her from studies. OMG that didn't go well.

308Icon
12-18-2012, 05:29 PM
i know how you feel todd even though im not a pet owner,a relationship i was in the girlfriend had a med sized yorkie named gizmo.got really attacted to him, he sure was a goofy dog and a brat at times.

we had to put him down last june because he had a rare diease that effected his nervous system and muscles got to a point where we had to hand feed him. he could not open his jaw to eat and as time went on he lost abliity to walk his front legs pretty much gave away.

we had to carry him around and take him out to the bathroom he was pretty much bed riden 24 hours a day.it was very sad to see him like that because he was such a spunky little dog.here is a picture of him before we put him down he might not look sick on the outside but inside he was a hurting little dog.

RIP GIZMO

HoytAlpha35
12-19-2012, 09:24 PM
sorry to hear. If your chessie is anything like mine, they have an unbelievable attached at the hip loyalty

Todd
12-20-2012, 08:04 AM
Yes they are very loyal and stubborn. Told Red its was time for a ride and he got up went right to vehicle like he was going hunting, got to the vets and he couldn't get out. Got him out and he got right up and walked right in past all the other dog not even giving them the time of day, right to the exam room, like he was on a mission. Layed down and just relaxed, nothing left. Man what a proud dog.

moosemad
12-20-2012, 08:24 AM

I feel for you man, just had to put down my best buddy last saturday due to lung cancer. Not a hunting dog but we spent a lot of time together outdoors. Hurts badly.

SportHuntingHelp
12-20-2012, 08:29 AM
I have been there more than a few time's myself. Remember the good times.

Rainbow Bridge Poem

There is a bridge connecting heaven and earth. It is called Rainbow Bridge because of its many colours.

Just this side of the Rainbow Bridge there is a land of meadows, hills, valleys with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies , the pet goes to this special place. There is always food and water and warm spring weather.

The old and frail are young again. Those who are maimed are made whole again.

They play all day with each other. There is only one thing missing.

They are not with their special person who loved them on Earth.

So each day they run and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops playing and looks up !

The nose twitches !

The ears are up !

The eyes are staring !

And this one suddenly runs from the group !

You have been seen, and when you and your special friend meet, you take him or her into your arms and embrace.

Your face is kissed again and again, and you look once more into the eyes of your trusting pet.

Then you cross the Rainbow Bridge together, never again to be separated

Author Unknown

Donny Bear
12-21-2012, 10:36 PM
Simply sorry for the loss few friends are more true, so true that the only time they ever hurt you is in death. I often look at Dakota and wonder why I got another when the last four have hurt so bad, but the memories and fun to say nothing of the love some how erase the saddness of the loss.

All the best this Christmas and may the memories heal the hurt.

DB