PDA

View Full Version : Harvest survey

motox208
12-17-2012, 06:26 PM
Who's going to complete their "voluntary" surveys this year? Going to be interesting with this whole mule deer fiasco bs.

pottymouth
12-17-2012, 06:35 PM
For anyone that might complete there survey. Can you let me know if it asks which weapon you used to harvest your animal. If it was a draw? and what time of year?

sheephunter
12-17-2012, 06:42 PM
Did mine. They already list your licences so they know if it was draw or not. I never harvested anything so don't know if there was more info required if you killed something or not.

sheephunter
12-17-2012, 06:46 PM
Who's going to complete their "voluntary" surveys this year? Going to be interesting with this whole mule deer fiasco bs.

No reason for everyone not to fill them out honestly that I can see. Many of the bow hunters have been screaming for better surveys...hopefully they lead by example. The more survey results....the better the data. Information is power. I'm sure the fact that I unsuccessfully hunted for mule deer in several WMUs is important for all to know.

jrs
12-17-2012, 06:47 PM
They asked what weapon, and if it was a doe or fawn. Pretty straightforward. Not sure why anyone would refrain from filling out the survey, even if rules change shouldn't hunters want ESRD to have the most detailed statistically significant data possible? Food for thought...

motox208
12-17-2012, 06:52 PM
I plan on filling mine out and sure hope that srd takes the info and uses it appropriately. I know I'm on the list of hunters who wants some concrete evidence provided before durastic changes are made to our hunting future

mtnhunter
12-17-2012, 06:54 PM
Can someone please post the link to the survey? I couldn't seem to find it on AlbertaRELM or SRD webpages.

Thanks!

NayNay
12-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Filled mine out.

NayNay
12-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Can someone please post the link to the survey? I couldn't seem to find it on AlbertaRELM or SRD webpages.

Thanks!

Check your e-mail

mtnhunter
12-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Check your e-mail

Haven't received anything from SRD yet. Did you guys just receive yours today?

sheephunter
12-17-2012, 07:05 PM
Haven't received anything from SRD yet. Did you guys just receive yours today?

Mine just came at 5:00pm. You do have to be registered with Albertarelm to get one.

mtnhunter
12-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Thanks TJ. I'll keep an eye out for it.

209x50
12-17-2012, 07:06 PM
Done!

WillyOneStyle
12-17-2012, 07:49 PM
filled it out, admitted being skunked for deer.

CamoDerrick
12-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Do First Nations people fill out some sort of survey as well?

I would wonder the relevance of these surveys if they do not.
Obviously areas would be skewed if only hunters reported their harvests.

whitetail Junkie
12-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Finished....Nontypical mule buck killed with a Rifle....Now only 7 more years until im drawn in my 5 tag/per season wmu.

KBF
12-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Have not recieved anything about it and I am registered with them. I dont remember getting any notices last year.

sheephunter
12-17-2012, 09:22 PM
Have not recieved anything about it and I am registered with them. I dont remember getting any notices last year.

Make sure your email address you have registered on relm is current

H380
12-17-2012, 09:29 PM
For anyone that might complete there survey. Can you let me know if it asks which weapon you used to harvest your animal. If it was a draw? and what time of year?

filled mine out , asked which weapon , but nothing about time of year .. Doe or fawn , days hunted , zones, successful or not .. that same old stuff . Too bad no place for comments . Guess some could get nasty tho .

gear04ipod
12-17-2012, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=sheephunter;1755841]No reason for everyone not to fill them out honestly that I can see.
cuz it wont work on mobile... or for me atleast lol

Lefty-Canuck
12-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Have not recieved anything about it and I am registered with them.

X2.....Haven't got mine yet....

LC

KBF
12-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Make sure your email address you have registered on relm is current

Rechecked my profile, dont see any problems.
Do I have to be notified or is there a place just to fill it out?

sheephunter
12-17-2012, 09:37 PM
Rechecked my profile, dont see any problems.
Do I have to be notified or is there a place just to fill it out?

I think you need the personalized e-mail as it has all your info when you click on it.....if you don't have it by tomorrow I'd give the ESRD info centre a call.

KBF
12-17-2012, 09:48 PM
I think you need the personalized e-mail as it has all your info when you click on it.....if you don't have it by tomorrow I'd give the ESRD info centre a call.

I will wait then.

Lefty-Canuck
12-17-2012, 10:49 PM
I will wait then.

X2....still waiting.

I know they have the info right in the system as I submitted a head this year and received results back via email.

.....if for some reason I don't get a survey to fill out, then that could explain why they have so many not filled out and returned. If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't even be looking for one to fill out at this time.

LC

Atex
12-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Got mine notice today @ 6 PM. Filled asap.

trapshooter
12-18-2012, 12:51 AM
Filled mine out and help Dad with his! Sucessfully havested everything this year!

Attilathecanuk
12-18-2012, 05:49 AM
Mine is done. Filled 1 of 3 tags :(

Couleestalker
12-18-2012, 08:45 AM
Didn't get mine, neither did my wife. No wonder the numbers are vague.

jrs
12-18-2012, 08:52 AM
Didn't get mine, neither did my wife. No wonder the numbers are vague.

My survey basically stated that not all tags are included in this survey and some will be addressed at a later date (only whitetail tags on this one for me). As for them getting vague numbers, seems to me their response rate was pretty high considering its not a mandatory survey. I can't remember where i saw the percentage but from a statistical point of view i thought they were doing pretty darn good. Id still contact them if you want to participate, i'm sure as in any system there are issues. Check spam folders maybe??

Couleestalker
12-18-2012, 09:01 AM
I asked a few other people and they haven't recieved theres yet either. One friend did but the survey was blank.

AdamJ
12-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Strange - the only question on my survey was in relation to my upland game bird licence.
My email is associated to 3 other people's WIN's as I put in draws for them every year.
Out of us 4, we purchased 17 big game licences/tags (general and draw) and over the course of the season, were successful in filling 14 of them. Wonder why none of these big game licences were included in the survey???

Lefty-Canuck
12-18-2012, 01:55 PM
I guess the results of the survey seem to be.....anyones best guess???

LC

getasheep
12-18-2012, 02:28 PM
Strange - the only question on my survey was in relation to my upland game bird licence.
My email is associated to 3 other people's WIN's as I put in draws for them every year.
Out of us 4, we purchased 17 big game licences/tags (general and draw) and over the course of the season, were successful in filling 14 of them. Wonder why none of these big game licences were included in the survey???

Same here. Only got a survey for bird licenses (migratory and upland). Maybe big game is coming later?

mulecrazy
12-18-2012, 02:41 PM
got my survey for deer but not for game bird... seems odd how it all rolls out. seems random, kinda like their tag numbers and policy changes. and heck while they were at it, they had my bowhunting permit in their records. why no question about my archery success rate. I guess my tag and license purchase goes against the 15% even though I was not able to make it out.

what a joke.

sheephunter
12-18-2012, 02:58 PM
got my survey for deer but not for game bird... seems odd how it all rolls out. seems random, kinda like their tag numbers and policy changes. and heck while they were at it, they had my bowhunting permit in their records. why no question about my archery success rate. I guess my tag and license purchase goes against the 15% even though I was not able to make it out.

what a joke.

Unless you killed a mule deer you are not calculated into the 15% harvest and it really is irrelevant whether you hunted or not for that calculation but you would be counted as a bow hunter in the general hunting population even though you didn't bow hunt this year.

Lefty-Canuck
12-18-2012, 03:03 PM
I think another point is we hear all these "solid" numbers being tossed around and people saying the surveys are effective, representative, etc.

NOW a decision is before us that affects many hunters and is being made based on these surveys....and from what I am seeing there are many folks who should be receiving them who are not (myself included)....and some are getting very specific surveys that eliminate questions on other species they likely could have answered....

If these surveys are not making it to people who are registered on the website, and plan on answering them (like myself)....that is a huge hole in the data collection....

LC

justhunt
12-18-2012, 03:29 PM
Guys just received mine so just hang tight if you havent got yours yet.

jacenbeers
12-18-2012, 04:02 PM
I received mine last night but it only references my supplemental anterless tags which were both filled and my skunked general mulie and WT tags. I wonder why I never saw anything for my upland, migratory and elk tag?

Okotokian
12-18-2012, 04:11 PM
Got mine just now, but only relating to my bird licenses. No big game references.

I feel like writing them back and complaining about them rubbing my nose into what a pathetic season I had. LOL ;)

sheephunter
12-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Got mine just now, but only relating to my bird licenses. No big game references.

I feel like writing them back and complaining about them rubbing my nose into what a pathetic season I had. LOL ;)

It was worse answering "loser" errrr I mean "no" to all their questions...lol

pope
12-18-2012, 05:01 PM
The survey says not all the draws may be listed on this survey - in my sons case they did not ask about his cow elk draw. So why not ask about everything if they want more accurate stats?

vtecngsr
12-18-2012, 05:43 PM
received mine today, I was unlucky this year...

maybe next year

VtecNgsr

ceedub
12-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Got mine late yesterday, only questions were regarding bird hunting. I spent 23 days hunting big game, and didn't get any input...

-Craig

HunterDave
12-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Did the WT, MD, and WT Sup doe last night and just did my game bird 2 minutes ago.

Springer
12-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Same here. Only got a survey for bird licenses (migratory and upland). Maybe big game is coming later?

Same here, pretty lame survey for the amount of tags i purchased?
Maybe more to come? Just not sure how a survey can very accurate for all the licences purchased by hunters...but not surveyed on.

Unregistered user
12-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Just did mine, what's the big deal? Aren't hunters supposed to be a "game management tool"?

jacenbeers
12-18-2012, 07:16 PM
I just got my bird survey the day after I got my big game survey so I am guessing they just stagger the survey invitations.

covey ridge
12-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Just hunted birds this year and survey was quick

KBF
12-18-2012, 08:24 PM

At least you got an invite, Ididnt even get that to go with my season.

Cmiller
12-18-2012, 08:58 PM
quick and painless with just a few minutes of my time and nothing more then they needed to really ask and not at all intrusive

Knot Rite
12-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Got mine. Just need to fill it out. Its our responsibility to keep accurate figures for future data. We are the eyes in the woods and its a win win situation for all of us and our kids to enjoy it as we we do.:test:

Bobby

Frans
12-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Yep, did mine. Whether I killed or not, which WMU, etc... how many days I hunted. I sure had better years, and now they know it too.

getasheep
12-18-2012, 09:35 PM

Got the big game survey just now. Completed.

Frans
12-18-2012, 09:37 PM
I just got my bird survey the day after I got my big game survey so I am guessing they just stagger the survey invitations.

Oops, was the second invite for birds...?

And in my hurry to rectify I forgot to report five ducks.

If anybody from SRD is reading this, please add one hunting day and five ducks to the total.

solocam3
12-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Got mine late yesterday, filled it out right away. Definitely simpler that when the Fish and Game Clubs were doing the phone around questionnaires for the SRD. Think of all the seniors that don't have computers and won't be able to give there information. And why don't the First Nations need to fill something like this out. How can our resources be protected with that unknown number in the equation?

bowtech3006
12-19-2012, 09:49 AM
I'd like to fill out my survey but the only computing device I have (iPhone) won't work.

sakogreywolf
12-19-2012, 09:53 AM

I just recieved and completed my survey. I had 2 tags this year (antelope archery and general mule deer). The survey asked about both tags. Survey asked how many days I hunted for antelope and whether successful or not. For the MD it asked how many days hunted and in which zones, which weapon used, and whether successful or not.

I was fortunate enough to shoot a MD this year after 25ish days of hunting. With the changes to MD hunting coming, I have to admit I was torn as to how to respond. I ended up telling the truth as it is not in me to do otherwise and even with change coming, I suppose it does no one any good to deliberately skew the the report.

shane_buck
12-19-2012, 09:59 AM
A couple days ago I got my survey for Game Bird and then today I got my survey for Big Game. Just be patient and it should come for multiple licences.

One thing I've noticed though is some people were asked what type of weapon was used but I didn't have that question at all. I use both Bow and Rifle but they will never know I guess...although I wasn't successful :(

a little redneck
12-19-2012, 10:06 AM
Just finished filling mine out. Had questions for all of the tags I had, painless survey. Made me realize I did not get out there much considering all of the kms I racked up. I'll be hunting WT from camp next year instead of driving around, and some preseason scouting should help keep me closer to home.

Springer
12-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Same here, pretty lame survey for the amount of tags i purchased?
Maybe more to come? Just not sure how a survey can very accurate for all the licences purchased by hunters...but not surveyed on.

I have to swallow my words, I recieved the rest of the survey last night but still not for all the tags i bought.

rottie
12-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Nothing received as of yet

duffy4
12-19-2012, 04:14 PM
I have to swallow my words, I recieved the rest of the survey last night but still not for all the tags i bought.

Did you read the part where it says "You may not recive a survey for all the tags you held"?

diamonddave
12-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Did you read the part where he was quoting another member, and saying the same thing??

duffy4
12-19-2012, 04:32 PM

They are probably not sending surveys out to all hunters in Alberta. Generally on an information survey you can sample a part of the population and extrapolate.

If you do not get a survey you just were not chosen.

huntin'fool
12-19-2012, 10:32 PM
They are probably not sending surveys out to all hunters in Alberta. Generally on an information survey you can sample a part of the population and extrapolate.

If you do not get a survey you just were not chosen.

the new way of conducting harvest surveys is so easy and cheap. not only that, it is really easy for the data people to compile results. it would surprise me if they wouldn't bother contacting everyone...why not be as accurate as possible??

CBintheNorth
12-19-2012, 10:54 PM
Got both surveys (bird and big game) last night
. The questionnaire had all of my tags including the supplemental black bear. Nicely done I thought- if you clicked 'successful', it asked what weapon was used.

It's too bad they don't seem to be gathering all available info (tag results) from everyone contacted. They might not be interested too greatly in a certain species right now but if they ever are, they could go back on a lot of historical data instead of estimating.

The Spruce
12-20-2012, 12:06 AM
And the survey says... .... ....what survey? I have not received one since they stopped calling. I use relm and my info is up to date. I guess my draws, some that were not easy ones to get don't matter? I will never understand where srd gets these bogus stats. Just like there are no Grizzlies left in AB...tough to make these calls from your office. :sign0007:

Prdtrgttr
12-20-2012, 09:14 AM
And the reason we don't have a simple, mandatory harvest survey for ALL Albertans is because???

duffy4
12-20-2012, 09:22 AM
And the survey says... .... ....what survey? I have not received one since they stopped calling. I use relm and my info is up to date. I guess my draws, some that were not easy ones to get don't matter? I will never understand where srd gets these bogus stats. Just like there are no Grizzlies left in AB...tough to make these calls from your office. :sign0007:

LOL if you really think there are "no grizzlies left in Alberta" that right there shows you have a serious problem misunderstanding information. Not surprizing you don't get other aspects of management activities.

diamonddave
12-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Anybody else see the irony in Duffy's post?

Dacotensis
12-20-2012, 09:35 AM
LOL if you really think there are "no grizzlies left in Alberta" that right there shows you have a serious problem misunderstanding information. Not surprizing you don't get other aspects of management activities.

Really? Are you awake yet or just in a mood?
It's called sarcas.. nevermind!

duffy4
12-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Really? Are you awake yet or just in a mood?
It's called sarcas.. nevermind!

OH! You see I thought the post was either ignorance or sarcasm. And I went with ignorance. But you are thinking it is really all sarcasm. Could be.

Cowtown guy
12-20-2012, 06:10 PM
The only thing they asked about was game bird. Nothing else.

grinr
12-20-2012, 09:51 PM
My first year hunting in AB,thus my first surveys(game bird and big game) and my only thought is what a bunch BS that was!!It's no Fn wonder that F&G here doesn't have a Fn clue what's going on or how many mule deer bowhunters are taking and so forth if that's how they run'r??
For the life of me I can't understand why they just simply don't adopt mandatory registration for big game kills,either online,by phone or in person at local SRD or other local checkpoints if they REALLY want know how many animals are being taken?This survey BS is about as reliable and scientific as throwing darts at a board?
Registration station at the local hardware store....c'mon Bubbles,it ain't rocket appliance!!

Duk Dog
12-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Well thank heavens for a few ducks that got in my way this fall. Other than that not much to report beyond a bunch of days spent in the field.

Fer-Tak-Er
12-22-2012, 09:54 AM
So the F&W make it mandatory to register your Ram. So I did. Than the survey comes out, and they ask if I was succesful in harvesting a Ram. Hmm.
Do they know whats going on at all?????? I filled the survey out till there, and than hit finished. If them bozos can't figure that out than I can't help them either.

duffy4
12-22-2012, 10:05 AM
So the F&W make it mandatory to register your Ram. So I did. Than the survey comes out, and they ask if I was succesful in harvesting a Ram. Hmm.
Do they know whats going on at all?????? I filled the survey out till there, and than hit finished. If them bozos can't figure that out than I can't help them either.

Kind of a childish attitude.

I know we sometimes disagree with the way F&W is doing things but we should do what we can to help them gather information.

pottymouth
12-22-2012, 10:35 AM
Kind of a childish attitude.

I know we sometimes disagree with the way F&W is doing things but we should do what we can to help them gather information.

Oh yes, because they truely know how to interpret and use it properly. When questioned or asked for us to view the data were not allowed. Their heads are so far each others azzes in gives new meaning to conjugal partners.

Duff, do you only read your own posts ? Seriously do you not see what us hunters are to get together and do, and why.........thanx for causing or old mods to leave...the trade off with you aint worth it....

flyguyd
12-23-2012, 08:28 AM
Finally got mine last nite, for both me and the kid

rmatei
12-23-2012, 09:15 AM
Hunted and fished in this province for over 45 years and for many years responded to the surveys done by the fish and game associations. The problem is that many survey results were bogus, guys lied and to boot fish and wildlife was difficult to get information back. Many times I called a specific F&W office to get info and most of the time received little info back from the biologists or the officers. Frankly, the aerial surveys they were doing were not accurate and the decisions they were making were based on presumptions, or computer models. Example, years ago Calling Lake held a good population of all fish species, even with the limits of the 70's and 80's, and when there was a lot more commercial fishing going on. Then they try to reduce possession limits to enhance walleye populations and proceeded to destroy the perch population. Now no perch and skinny walleye. I remember the first year they reduced the walleye limit to one fish. We were anchored and jigging, the walleye were plentiful. A fish cop pulls up and does his inspection and I ask him why they were playing with the limits and he says that the amount of juvenilles was way down. BS, were had caught and released a couple of dozen ten inch walleye before he showed up and on top of that landed one while he was talking to us. Until F&W does mandatory surveys and spends a little of our license money on fish and game management we are just screwing things up

duffy4
12-23-2012, 10:07 AM
Oh yes, because they truely know how to interpret and use it properly. When questioned or asked for us to view the data were not allowed. Their heads are so far each others azzes in gives new meaning to conjugal partners.

Duff, do you only read your own posts ? Seriously do you not see what us hunters are to get together and do, and why.........thanx for causing or old mods to leave...the trade off with you aint worth it....

So what are you saying? You don't think F&W is doing a good job so you think we should do what we can to handy-cap them even more???(not do the surveys)

What on earth are you talking about, "causing or old mods to leave"???

Do your hunter survey and do it honestly.

tikka300wsm
12-23-2012, 10:26 AM
Got my survey. This year I bought a General Whitetail and General Elk, and the survery only asked about my whitetail tag. (?)

packhuntr
12-23-2012, 10:45 AM
Duffy your nutz if you think the surveys make any difference. Srd has proven with pure consistency that they care not what is actually taking place in the field ON EVERY LEVEL. No matter what has transpired in the field wether natural or man created or induced, they do what they want continually foregoing all, no matter how blatantly obvious, or spoon fed to them. I as well boys could give a sh!t to ever assist srd again. This with me additionally carries over to witnessed poaching/infractions. I dont have time to play junior game warden when nothing happens to criminals and repeat offenders. Besides, srd has shown they have no desire for fisheries and wildlife for tomorrow as per current management strategies. If this sh!t show for fisheries and wildlife management gets worse, which it is and will continue to do so, it will be solely due to SRD as far as i am concerned. At some stage i only pray that legal action is attainable and sought out by stake holders.

grinr
12-23-2012, 01:47 PM
Got my survey. This year I bought a General Whitetail and General Elk, and the survery only asked about my whitetail tag. (?)

X2...I donated over $200 in licence fees,Gen WT,Gen MD,WT Supps,Gen elk,black bear,game bird....they actually asked about all except elk which was my best hunt.Did they care about the fact that I passed on double digit numbers of WT bucks?No...only cared if I killed one.Do they care that I seen well over 100 antlerless WT in a zone where I couldn't tag them with supps?No,only if I killed one of the dozen or so I seen during the 2 days that I actually hunted in a supp zone?Do they care that i seen countless dozens of grouse while deer hunting?Nope,only that i killed 5,and how many days effort?WTF,i dunno,i shot a few when the mood struck me,never sctually went bird hunting specifically,so I fudged those numbers??Do they care that I bugled in and killed a 5x5 elk in a 3pt WMU with less than 6 hrs total elk hunting effort....nope,didnt even ask about my elk hunt.So now what?The number crunchers will take my survey results and "assume" there are very few deer in WMU xxx because I hunted 25 days and didn't kill any,when in reality,I coulda filled a reefer van and then some,and missed my chances on a cpl real good bucks while passing up over a dozen others.
Very poorly done survey IMHO,it don't mean chit.

mightybuck
12-23-2012, 10:20 PM
Filled out mine nothing in relation to my archery mule deer tag? I did harvest one tag out of the ten that I held in my pocket. Oh well the christmas tree looks good with those tags on it LOL

diamonddave
12-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Duffy your nutz if you think the surveys make any difference. Srd has proven with pure consistency that they care not what is actually taking place in the field ON EVERY LEVEL. No matter what has transpired in the field wether natural or man created or induced, they do what they want continually foregoing all, no matter how blatantly obvious, or spoon fed to them. I as well boys could give a sh!t to ever assist srd again. This with me additionally carries over to witnessed poaching/infractions. I dont have time to play junior game warden when nothing happens to criminals and repeat offenders. Besides, srd has shown they have no desire for fisheries and wildlife for tomorrow as per current management strategies. If this sh!t show for fisheries and wildlife management gets worse, which it is and will continue to do so, it will be solely due to SRD as far as i am concerned. At some stage i only pray that legal action is attainable and sought out by stake holders.

There are some people here that think that SRD can do no wrong and that is what has led us to this situation. People going along with and helping push these bs policies because they have their head shoved so far up srd's royal behind they can't see a way out. These people need to take a step back and take a good hard look at what they are pushing for and spouting off about before everything is a total disaster. All they are concerened about is that they got to hunt with a handgun and life is good.

Dick284
12-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Who did use to work for Duffy?
Even though you are retired the brand is still there.
Toeing the company line still I see ?!?!?!?

MtnGiant
12-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Do First Nations people fill out some sort of survey as well?

I would wonder the relevance of these surveys if they do not.
Obviously areas would be skewed if only hunters reported their harvests.

Any natives that I know or have known do not fill out any survey for their kills. After aquiring a firearm...they are fairly free to hunt and kill year round without tag limitations or reporting their kills.
Natives are not bound by the same regulations as everyone else.
Their Licence to kill is their status card.
So yes...the survey outcome will be inaccurate for whatever it's truly worth.

duffy4
12-24-2012, 03:25 PM
Who did use to work for Duffy?
Even though you are retired the brand is still there.
Toeing the company line still I see ?!?!?!?

Well not quite right Dick. Because I have worked for fish & wildlife I know something about how things work with them and some of the people who work for them.

However my loyalties are for the truth and the best interests of the resources same as when I worked with F&W. I have never really been a "company man"

Some of the people on hear who seem to think that F&W is trying to screw the resident hunters of Alberta are right out to lunch. What possible reasons would they have for that.

It is like the people who keep talking about F&W relocating cougars and wolves and such. They know nothing about what something like that would involve.

And as I have pointed out before the extremist view is if one is not on the band wagon calling down F&W they must be totally committed to F&W. Not so for me.

I know they have made mistakes and I know that politics sometimes rules over proper wildlife management.

But for the most part they are trying to do a good job and they don't deserve the "nonsense" that is spouted off here.

mudbug
12-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Mine will be really easy to fill out this time, didn't get a thing unless you count hitting a bird with the truck :budo:

pottymouth
12-24-2012, 03:48 PM

So what are you saying? You don't think F&W is doing a good job so you think we should do what we can to handy-cap them even more???(not do the surveys)

What on earth are you talking about, "causing or old mods to leave"???

Do your hunter survey and do it honestly.

Well not quite right Dick. Because I have worked for fish & wildlife I know something about how things work with them and some of the people who work for them.

However my loyalties are for the truth and the best interests of the resources same as when I worked with F&W. I have never really been a "company man"

Some of the people on hear who seem to think that F&W is trying to screw the resident hunters of Alberta are right out to lunch. What possible reasons would they have for that.

It is like the people who keep talking about F&W relocating cougars and wolves and such. They know nothing about what something like that would involve.

And as I have pointed out before the extremist view is if one is not on the band wagon calling down F&W they must be totally committed to F&W. Not so for me.

I know they have made mistakes and I know that politics sometimes rules over proper wildlife management.

But for the most part they are trying to do a good job and they don't deserve the "nonsense" that is spouted off here.

Now it all makes sense...I new something stinks !

You don't read any of the info on here, just like F&W . That's the problem with both of you . Your intelligents shows up in your posts, and there's in our wildlife numbers!

When Esrd has their heads up there azz, they need to look busy to keep their jobs. Knee jerk reactions with b.s papers written by peope like coltman, that are trying to take opportunity from resident hunters, without actual factual information is infuriating.

They are not trying there best, they merely are trying to keep a job. For years the resident hunter didn't have a voice, other to join a group. Now with social media, we do have a voice, and Esrd is not used to it. They've been able to take opportunities from residents and look like they are doing there job. But not anymore......

I'm also sure there will be many changes coming up for them, willingly or not !

duffy4
12-24-2012, 04:27 PM
I have a hard time trying to have a reasonable discussion with someone who calls themselves "pottymouth". Esp. when they post a lot of .....................

Rackmastr
12-24-2012, 04:47 PM
I have a hard time trying to have a reasonable discussion with someone who calls themselves "pottymouth". Esp. when they post a lot of .....................

You should do another 'vote' to try and get someone booted off here....that seemed to work out GREAT for you last time......:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Jesus Christ duffy....you've become even more predictable lately, maybe time to "re-invent" yourself in the New Year?

Lefty-Canuck
12-24-2012, 04:49 PM
You should do another 'vote' to try and get someone booted off here....that seemed to work out GREAT for you last time......:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Refresh the memory?....I think I missed that one :)

LC

Rackmastr
12-24-2012, 04:52 PM
Refresh the memory?....I think I missed that one :)

LC

duffy thought he'd try and throw his weight around and mentioned how another member should leave the board. I think there was about 10 guys that quickly turned and offered to pay for duffy to leave....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

pottymouth
12-24-2012, 05:00 PM

LOL, good one!

At least I don't come here and pretend to be a good Christian, and act like you do. Great post on Christams eve!

Oh I've never been Banned how about you ??? That's a great story, you should share!

If posting of Hunting pics is .............. Then Ya I do,. you should try it, then we could at least justify why your here!

Now that we got that out of the way, why don't you try to explain how I'm wrong about my post, instead of acting like that 21st chromosome got multiplied by 3.

Your getting quite the Rep...... You've ruined AO for more than a couple of guys who won't post here anymore, stop trying to chase guys off!

duffy4
12-24-2012, 07:22 PM
duffy thought he'd try and throw his weight around and mentioned how another member should leave the board. I think there was about 10 guys that quickly turned and offered to pay for duffy to leave....:sHa_sarcasticlol:

LOL, You missed the point on that one Rack.

Packhunter had earlier said something like he figured people should move away from Alberta because of the SRD s "ship wreck or train wreck" or whatever descriptive term he chose at the time to describe game management. So I offered to help him out with a few bucks if he wanted to move away from Alberta. But I guess he wasn't serious.

Rackmastr
12-24-2012, 07:25 PM
LOL, You missed the point on that one Rack.

Packhunter had earlier said something like he figured people should move away from Alberta because of the SRD s "ship wreck or train wreck" or whatever descriptive term he chose at the time to describe game management. So I offered to help him out with a few bucks if he wanted to move away from Alberta. But I guess he wasn't serious.

Oh I got the point....I just thought it was funny how it seemed to backfire on ya!!! Haha. Hell, theres a collection pool waiting for you on that one!

Merry Christmas!! Thanks for the laughs this year!

huntinstuff
12-24-2012, 07:33 PM
And another thread dies a gruesome, painful death. Hardly recognizable from when it started.....

Alberta Bigbore
12-25-2012, 07:35 AM
Any natives that I know or have known do not fill out any survey for their kills. After aquiring a firearm...they are fairly free to hunt and kill year round without tag limitations or reporting their kills.
Natives are not bound by the same regulations as everyone else.
Their Licence to kill is their status card.
So yes...the survey outcome will be inaccurate for whatever it's truly worth.

Actually you are wrong. Its a license to ..Harvest.

And... kills do have to be registered...for grizzly bear, mountain lion, and big horn sheep for starters.