PDA

View Full Version : Vortex vs leupold rangefinder

vinegar
12-17-2012, 09:25 PM
For the 1000yard models who is better? Internet reviews are split. Anyone here used both? Price in store is real close.

mhd
12-18-2012, 12:14 AM
For the 1000yard models who is better? Internet reviews are split. Anyone here used both? Price in store is real close.

I am wondering the same thing. Which store did you go to? I am leaning towards the Vortex because they have such a great warranty,buy one and let me know how it works. lol

saintsix
12-18-2012, 06:03 AM
if your willing to pay extra, the leica 1600 is really nice, my friend had it when we went out this year and he could get ranges farther out handheld then i could with my leupold 1000. but theres nothing wrong with leupold either been using mine for a few years, it has more gadgets then ill ever use. i like it

wally338
12-18-2012, 06:15 AM
if your willing to pay extra, the leica 1600 is really nice, my friend had it when we went out this year and he could get ranges farther out handheld then i could with my leupold 1000. but theres nothing wrong with leupold either been using mine for a few years, it has more gadgets then ill ever use. i like it

X2 on the Leica, it works in the cold and actually ranges to the advertised yardage.

Giles
12-18-2012, 09:08 PM
I will let you know on the vortex , I just ordered one and should be here soon . Will keep you informed on it .

mhd
12-18-2012, 11:32 PM
I will let you know on the vortex , I just ordered one and should be here soon . Will keep you informed on it .

Thanks!

elkoholik
12-19-2012, 09:23 AM
I lost my leupold earlier in the season. Loved the unit (1000 tbr) did not like the case as it has a magnet to hold the cover close. Originally thought this was good until it some how came out of the cover ( probably caught the lanyard). Was going to buy another when I saw Vortex offered a rangefinder. Looked it over in the store for a while, went outside and did some comparisons and figured I would buy it. So far I am satisfied, I find they both range pretty much the same. Best deer was 650+/- and could easily get large reflective targets out to the 1000yrd range. Optics on it are as good or better than the Leupold and the one thing I truly like is there is not a lot of clutter when looking through it. The farthest small game I saw (coyote) was ranged at just over 350yrds but have not seen anything farther where I have had my rangefinder. After all the in store comparison the one thing that sold me over was their VIP unconditional warranty, why not spend a little less to get a RF that is equal to or better than the competitor and have an unconditional warranty. I would highly recommend you take some time at WSS or another local Vortex dealer and do some side by side comparisons yourself and am sure you would be impressed with the function/simplicity and quality of the vortex scout.

Cheers, Dave.

vinegar
12-19-2012, 12:14 PM
I lost my leupold earlier in the season. Loved the unit (1000 tbr) did not like the case as it has a magnet to hold the cover close. Originally thought this was good until it some how came out of the cover ( probably caught the lanyard). Was going to buy another when I saw Vortex offered a rangefinder. Looked it over in the store for a while, went outside and did some comparisons and figured I would buy it. So far I am satisfied, I find they both range pretty much the same. Best deer was 650+/- and could easily get large reflective targets out to the 1000yrd range. Optics on it are as good or better than the Leupold and the one thing I truly like is there is not a lot of clutter when looking through it. The farthest small game I saw (coyote) was ranged at just over 350yrds but have not seen anything farther where I have had my rangefinder. After all the in store comparison the one thing that sold me over was their VIP unconditional warranty, why not spend a little less to get a RF that is equal to or better than the competitor and have an unconditional warranty. I would highly recommend you take some time at WSS or another local Vortex dealer and do some side by side comparisons yourself and am sure you would be impressed with the function/simplicity and quality of the vortex scout.

Cheers, Dave.

Yea you pretty much sold me on the warranty thing. I have heard great things from friends regarding the Vortex. Once pay day hits I am headed for the Vortex. Reviews to follow. Thanks everyone

mhd
12-19-2012, 11:28 PM

Cheers, Dave.

Thanks for the review. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the vortex called the ranger,or is there two?

mhd
12-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Yea you pretty much sold me on the warranty thing. I have heard great things from friends regarding the Vortex. Once pay day hits I am headed for the Vortex. Reviews to follow. Thanks everyone

Can't wait for the review...