PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find warm snow camo gloves/mitts?

mhd
12-20-2012, 12:54 PM
I am between Red Deer and Calgary.I have looked at Wholesale,Bass pro,Walmart,Canadian tire,Castle,and Wolverine with no luck... :angry3:

Sled Ed
12-20-2012, 12:59 PM
I am between Red Deer and Calgary.I have looked at Wholesale,Bass pro,Walmart,Canadian tire,Castle,and Wolverine with no luck... :angry3:

the store in Caroline had some awsome snow camo mits with leather palms. i bought a pair $35

Dumbo_Dave
12-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Have a look at Princess Auto. Last time I was there they had a good line of cold weather stuff.

Ken H
12-20-2012, 05:05 PM

Give Chuck at Two Guys hunting in Airdre a call. They will also send them to you.

Austin
12-20-2012, 05:33 PM
the store in Caroline had some awsome snow camo mits with leather palms. i bought a pair $35

I believe the company name was Raven Wear and their website is online. Some polar fleece material.

CBintheNorth
12-20-2012, 09:54 PM
I bought a great pair at Canadian tire this year but I ripped the tag off so I can't tell you the brand. They have a flip-up mitt which covers your fingers and it's held in place with a magnet, not velcro. The fingers have a thin covering which is thin enough to grasp anything, and the best part....the flip-up cover has a zippered pouch for a hot-shot warmer.
I think they were $35 or $40. Highly recommended.

forny812
12-20-2012, 10:08 PM
I bought a great pair at Canadian tire this year but I ripped the tag off so I can't tell you the brand. They have a flip-up mitt which covers your fingers and it's held in place with a magnet, not velcro. The fingers have a thin covering which is thin enough to grasp anything, and the best part....the flip-up cover has a zippered pouch for a hot-shot warmer.

Rocky makes them,theres also a little flap in the thumb of the mitt.

Big Sky
12-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Last year I picked up a nice pair of lined, leather mitts at Mark's Work Wearhouse in Calgary. They weren't perfectly white, but more of a really, really light tan. I checked their website but they didn't list them. Maybe give them a call.

Not everthing has to be white. Some of the off white shades help to give a shadow effect. My partner says the mitts blend into the background really well.

If it's not that cold out, I wear a pair of white golf gloves that I picked up a few years back.

Check out Crown Surplus as well.

HunterDave
12-20-2012, 10:20 PM

That's what they are and they sell them at Can Tire. I have a pair of green ones and they are the cat's pajamas. I saw the white ones in Cold Lake this Fall and I thought about buying a pair. I probably should have I guess.

CBintheNorth
12-20-2012, 10:41 PM

Yup, that's them.

mhd
12-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Thanks guys! I will check on all the places mentioned. Which Canadian tire sells those gloves? I went to 3 different ones and they didn't have any...maybe they will get more in.:thinking-006:

How do you like flip up mitts? I have found that after a while they don't want to stay closed.

CBintheNorth
12-20-2012, 11:44 PM
In Edmonton, the Canadian tire on kingsway had some but the west end had several. Unfortunately this was also 6 weeks ago so who knows now.

As for the flip up, I know what you're talking about and I can't see the same problem with these. The flip has kind of an elastic material to keep it sinched when closed. IMO, they are a well thought out product except for the thumb flip. It doesn't have the thin layer covering like the fingers do, but that's a small complaint.
If you find some, I'm sure you'll like them.

Jimboy
12-21-2012, 02:15 AM
Thanks guys! I will check on all the places mentioned. Which Canadian tire sells those gloves? I went to 3 different ones and they didn't have any...maybe they will get more in.:thinking-006:

How do you like flip up mitts? I have found that after a while they don't want to stay closed.

PRICESS AUTO:happy0034:

brother1
12-21-2012, 09:36 AM
You have to find the Arctic Shield brand of gloves. They have a reflective lining in them, that warms your hands with movement. Best, warmest gloves ever! I've been out below minus 20 for a long time, and just a little moving around generates some heat, keeps you warm. I'm not sure which retailers sell them, but I see them at the sportsman show and huntfest all the time.

300backfire
12-21-2012, 09:42 AM
any gloves will work, if your wife still has her wedding dress in storage, dig it out. perfect winter camo. not like shes gona be wearing it to go out on the town anyway

CNP
12-21-2012, 11:35 AM
Get out of the huntiung section. The regular clothing departments in Marks or CT or sled stores for the real cold stuff.

Tundra Monkey
12-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Forget the gloves....get a good pair of mitts and then wear those 50cent cotton tin basher gloves on the inside so you can do the finicky stuff.

The military gauntlets are not bad........or shoot a wolf and make a pair of travelling mitts out of it :happy0034:

257Shooter
12-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Watson makes a pair. Built with the same design as their black glove with the leather palm. Fleece type outer with a nice warm liner. I got a pair at Brogan safety in Grande Praire. Not sure if their other branches carry them.

mhd
12-22-2012, 10:16 PM
Watson makes a pair. Built with the same design as their black glove with the leather palm. Fleece type outer with a nice warm liner. I got a pair at Brogan safety in Grande Praire. Not sure if their other branches carry them.

Thanks for the pic. :) I will have to look them up.

DanJ
12-22-2012, 11:17 PM
I don't think there IS a really warm pair of camo gloves. I think you need to pick up a pair of liners at Marks to wear under whatever camo gloves you buy.

ram crazy
12-23-2012, 05:48 AM

2x... These are by far the warmest mitt/gloves I've owned.

JohninAB
12-23-2012, 05:58 AM

These work well. Also found a set of black mitts at CT which are battery powered. Uses a D cell in each mitt. I wear a light glove inside when calling coyotes and slip mitt off when required. Absolutely toasty.

Big Grey Wolf
12-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Guys, the only thing that works in real cold -30oC weather is leather mitts with wool liners. If you buy a light deer hide color should have all the camo you need. They are the only thing I use in November and December for riding my quad and I dont think there is anything colder on your hands.

littlebuck100
01-07-2013, 09:15 PM
Seen the Watsons' at peavymart last week.

Game Hunter
01-07-2013, 10:36 PM

yup highly reccomend them.

mhd
01-07-2013, 11:53 PM
yup highly reccomend them.

I would buy them if I can find them.:angry3: Saw them on sale in the last flyer but they didn't have any and couldn't order any more in.:mad3:

Ranch11
01-08-2013, 07:02 AM

I have the same ones and they are very good.

Trevman
01-08-2013, 08:50 AM
I also have a pair of the Snow Cat ones from Watson (ones in pic), which I bought at Mark's, close to 4 years ago and they are still like new...very impressed with them.

mhd
01-08-2013, 11:26 AM
I also have a pair of the Snow Cat ones from Watson (ones in pic), which I bought at Mark's, close to 4 years ago and they are still like new...very impressed with them.

Can you shoot with them on? I thought the finger seemed a bit big.

Trevman
01-09-2013, 12:27 AM
Shooting is a bit tricky ill give you that...but generally I have time to pull the glove off for the shot. When I have been wearing them and shooting because it was really cold I just used a length of electrical tape wrapped around the finger like a band aid. Trims down the bulk of the finger

mhd
01-09-2013, 01:03 AM
Shooting is a bit tricky ill give you that...but generally I have time to pull the glove off for the shot. When I have been wearing them and shooting because it was really cold I just used a length of electrical tape wrapped around the finger like a band aid. Trims down the bulk of the finger

Ok thanks,might have to look at them again.