PDA

View Full Version : Brazeau Dam Area Fishing

tbosch
06-02-2008, 08:58 AM
Heade out to brazeau dam camping next weekend. Has anyone fished in or around that area before? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. We will have a quad there. I was curious if there is any way to get on the blackstone from brazeau through the back country.

bbell
06-02-2008, 09:01 AM
May want to check the regs. I believe the Blackstone is closed until June 16th.

deerassassin
06-02-2008, 12:00 PM
i fished there once, never caught nothing :mad3: good luck though

tbosch
06-02-2008, 12:20 PM
i fished there once, never caught nothing :mad3: good luck though

Brazeau or blackstone?

Dick284
06-02-2008, 05:54 PM
The Brazeau system is getting good inflows from up stream rain storms, this equates into favorable conditions for Hydro generation, but it produces water the color of creamed coffee.
I suspect it will take a couple or 3 weeks till the waters clear, and that is only if the rain stops.

I suspect the fishing will be pretty crappy until things clear up.

tbosch
06-02-2008, 07:06 PM
The Brazeau system is getting good inflows from up stream rain storms, this equates into favorable conditions for Hydro generation, but it produces water the color of creamed coffee.
I suspect it will take a couple or 3 weeks till the waters clear, and that is only if the rain stops.

I suspect the fishing will be pretty crappy until things clear up.

Yeah i was figuring the same thing. And its supposed to rain for a week or so out there. Oh well i'll give it a go anyways. whats the worst thing that could happen??

tbosch
06-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Has any one fished the stretch of the brazeau river from the reservoir down to NSR? Or the Pembina river up near hwy 753? I'm sure they'll be muddy too but I cant be up there and not give it a shot.

Dick284
06-05-2008, 06:05 AM
Downstream looks like creamed coffee too.
NSR @ Drayton looks possibly worse than at the Brazeau Tailrace.

-JR-
06-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Better be sleeping with those ATV.
Last year ,in the camp grounds ,two got stolen at night while the people were sleeping in the camper . Atv were locked up also!