PDA

View Full Version : When a Front moves in

Speckle55
12-20-2012, 05:28 PM
Do you find it tough fishing when its Low Barometric Pressure and then a front move's in and the wind picks up..

got one before the system moved in then it shut down .. wow cold day today
good thing the heater was working

took my time on the gutless fillet and sharpened my knife;;;

enjoy

David:)

the local angler
12-20-2012, 05:36 PM
nice job man thats some good eats.

Fishingaddict
12-20-2012, 05:54 PM
You seem to be one of the only guys on here that have had luck fishing for whitefish this year:mad0100: very nice fish btw good eats tonight:sHa_shakeshout:

bloopbloob
12-20-2012, 05:56 PM
Do did you just find him swimming up on that snowbank!? Great find! Didn't know they could do that! Thanks for sharing

Speckle55
12-20-2012, 06:06 PM
You seem to be one of the only guys on here that have had luck fishing for whitefish this year:mad0100:

they talk of a guy like me at Wholesale Sports down there that likes the Lake Whitefish.. ask some questions .. my buddy out fish's me some days

Wire worm for me = no bait = its the way you work your wire worm .. make it look alive and use your fingers(alzheimer jerk + backswimmer) = 1 fow to 10 ft for me(work the shelfs) = i like morning am home by noon = success ..most days but on any given day it can be slow but hey thats fishing

Food for Thought

Speckle55
12-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Do did you just find him swimming up on that snowbank!? Great find! Didn't know they could do that! Thanks for sharing

roflmao ... yup been doing well in the snowbanks but can't get any big one's ;;;

Ken07AOVette
12-21-2012, 12:38 AM
roflmao ... yup been doing well in the snowbanks but can't get any big one's ;;;

Those are such cool looking fish, would love to catch one sometime. Thanks for sharing!

finsnfeathers
12-21-2012, 01:39 AM
You're obviously very skilled in the art of catching these fine feesh! Does a whitefish resemble any of our other species for flavor?
Thanks!:)

Speckle55
12-21-2012, 08:34 AM
You're obviously very skilled in the art of catching these fine feesh! Does a whitefish resemble any of our other species for flavor?
Thanks!:)

they are a light fish taste and are very tasty here is a U-tube

i use corn flake crumbs and Lawry's salt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mnJgxZXaB0

fishman
12-21-2012, 08:49 AM
Do you find it tough fishing when its Low Barometric Pressure and then a front move's in and the wind picks up..

got one before the system moved in then it shut down .. 64433

Dave it is funny how animals and fish sense storms moving in by barometric pressure.....i find as soon as the barometer starts to drop the fish bite like crazy until the barometer hits a certain low and they stop......when the barometer is low they dont seem to bite...it could sit low for days and when it starts to rise again same thing when it starts to rise the fish start to bite and i find the higher it goes the better they bite.............i guess now diffrent they people telling me a storm is coming there joints ache

Speckle55
12-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Dave it is funny how animals and fish sense storms moving in by barometric pressure.....i find as soon as the barometer starts to drop the fish bite like crazy until the barometer hits a certain low and they stop......when the barometer is low they dont seem to bite...it could sit low for days and when it starts to rise again same thing when it starts to rise the fish start to bite and i find the higher it goes the better they bite.............i guess now diffrent they people telling me a storm is coming there joints ache

Agree