PDA

View Full Version : Nipisi lake

bigfro47
12-21-2012, 03:59 PM
Studied the google maps, does anyone know if there is road access to this lake?? Allways wanted to try it out. But its a long ways to go to explore from my place, any info would be great.

rm206
12-21-2012, 05:50 PM
There is no high grade road from the west end. There is a few k's of lease roads but then its a bush trail through the muskeg the rest of the way. Im not sure if there is any access from the east end. Last year was the first time I was ever to nipisi.

Elkaholic523
12-21-2012, 06:25 PM
And

rm206
12-21-2012, 07:23 PM
And it was a fun trip. The guys I was with were just targeting large pike we caught quite a few that day if i remember correctly the biggest for the day was 15lbs. According to the regs there is suppose to be walleye in there but we never seen any one the camera all day, hopefully in february Ill get time to make it back there.

dfrobert
12-22-2012, 04:57 AM
There are no Walleye in Nipisi.

Cal
12-22-2012, 10:30 AM
There are no Walleye in Nipisi.

I know people who claim to have caught them.

Not sure how what the road to Nipisi will be like it with all this snow, I would wait untill later in the year. The muskeg is still quite soft under the snow in many places that the snow has not been packed down. The access onto the lake itself can be crappy, last year it was tricky to get onto the ice without rubbing your truck on the bank and even harder getting off, if I did not have stout running boards on my truck I would have picked up some body damage on a couple ocasions.

Edit, there is some work being done on a pipeline that runs right past the west end of the lake this year. One could probably use the pipeline road to get onto the lake.