headed out to spray tomorow
i am thinking to hit the boat launch and then 60 fow area
with jigs and bait
would anything work better or any other spots that could producce more
thanks

jts1
12-21-2012, 08:48 PM
http://www.buzzbombzzinger.com/buzzbomb.html

The goto lure for lakers up there as far as I am aware. Thats what we use anyways. Tip with a chunk of bait.

Bullfighter
12-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Was at Spray today...bite was on early and then tapered off but still got some action around noon. Was in 75 FOW off Driftwood. 4 of us landed 8 small 1.5 pounders, plus many more bites. Most bites were right off the bottom, no fish suspended today for us. Using all sorts of stuff today with smelts, tube jigs, buzz bombs, glow jig heads, but most consistent rig was a mister twister tail jig with smelt. Was using flashers 18 inches up on some rigs too. Ice is nice and thick,..9inches. Those 1.5 pounders are nice for the pan and I shouldn't complain about the action, but would be nice to hook up with some bigger fish!!! I will take any tips to target the bigger boys. MERRY CHRISTMAS

rocky97
12-22-2012, 07:50 PM
herring on a quick strike rig near bottom. most times you wont get anything but its usually a good sized fish if u do hook up and why not if your with a few people have one rod rigged up for the bigger ones.

BeeGuy
12-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Was at Spray today...bite was on early and then tapered off but still got some action around noon. Was in 75 FOW off Driftwood. 4 of us landed 8 small 1.5 pounders, plus many more bites. Most bites were right off the bottom, no fish suspended today for us. Using all sorts of stuff today with smelts, tube jigs, buzz bombs, glow jig heads, but most consistent rig was a mister twister tail jig with smelt. Was using flashers 18 inches up on some rigs too. Ice is nice and thick,..9inches. Those 1.5 pounders are nice for the pan and I shouldn't complain about the action, but would be nice to hook up with some bigger fish!!! I will take any tips to target the bigger boys. MERRY CHRISTMAS

1.5 is about the biggest I've seen come out of there.

herring on a quick strike rig near bottom. most times you wont get anything but its usually a good sized fish if u do hook up and why not if your with a few people have one rod rigged up for the bigger ones.

got pics?

Pikecrazed
12-22-2012, 09:42 PM

hey i think i saw you there 4i was in the blue tent only landed one but got there late near 1 i think but on monday ill be up there by 7 am