PDA

View Full Version : Buck 110 Folding Hunter

albertacowboy
12-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Santa just gave me this knife as an early Christmas present, and it sits in my gun cabinet with my Kershaw folder of similar size.

Question: when not carrying the knife, which is the best way to store it in terms of keeping less tension on the spring mechanism-with the blade out and open, or folded and shut?

Advice welcome.

Thanks, Albertacowboy

Redfrog
12-22-2012, 04:51 PM
I think with the new laws, you have to store the blades separate from the handle locked up in a different house.:thinking-006:

I wouldn't worry about tension on the knife's locking mechanism. They are pretty much bombproof unless you try to use it for something other than a knife, like a screw driver or hammer.

Cyclops
12-22-2012, 05:13 PM
Makes no difference. The spring has the same tension on it open or closed. See the diagrams below. :)

I almost bought a Buck hunting knife myself yesterday. I don't know how many knives a guy needs but I'm addicted to buying them.

Pudelpointer
12-22-2012, 08:04 PM
I think with the new laws, you have to store the blades separate from the handle locked up in a different house.:thinking-006:

I wouldn't worry about tension on the knife's locking mechanism. They are pretty much bombproof unless you try to use it for something other than a knife, like a screw driver or hammer.

Aaaaahahahahaha. Nice.

Grizzly Adams
12-23-2012, 08:09 AM
I've carried and used one for 30 years. Works as well as the day I bought it. No worries. It's a using knife, not made to sit on a shelf.

Grizz

catnthehat
12-23-2012, 09:30 AM
I wore 110's 112's, and some very nice Gerbers when i was younger, and one Puma.
Quit wearing them when the multi pliers came in.
I would prefer to use one of those mentioned however, compared to danged near any of the newer style folders of today.:)
Cat

Alberta Bigbore
12-23-2012, 10:26 AM

Lol...that made my morning.!

Au revoir, Gopher
12-23-2012, 12:09 PM

Question is, do you store the blade with the wife or with the mistress?:scared0018:

ARG

gregc
12-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Question is, do you store the blade with the wife or with the mistress?:scared0018:

ARG

either, as long as her name isn't lorena!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt