PDA

View Full Version : Brand Of Smoker?

Bhflyfisher
12-22-2012, 09:47 PM
I dont know if this belongs in the fishing section or the General section, but i feel like the fisherman will know which smokers are best.

Im getting my dad a christmas gift, and he's been talking about a smoker for years, to do meats like jerky etc, and fish. So im looking for a quality smoker. I dont want something huge, i just want something that will do a good job, and wont take up a ton of space. Budget isnt a huge issue. Just wondering what everyone has, and how you like them.

Should mention im in edmonton and this is pretty last minute. Im thinking the best place to head to is barbeque country, but if anyone has any other recommendations on where to look (i know the fishin hole carries some), i'd appreciate it.

Thanks guys.

Jeremie

elkhunter1234
12-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Can't go wrong with a digital 6 rack Bradly. WSS or Cabalas both carry them

Jim..

1bigboomstick
12-23-2012, 05:59 AM
Got the Bradley 4 rack digital a few weeks ago. I upgraded from the ol Brinkmann Smoke n Grill and wow it's friggan great! The only disadvantage to this unit that I can see is that you have to buy Bradley the wood pucks; you can't just buy any old bag of wood chips. Other than that, perfecto. :)
On sale at a WSS right now too.

KN12313
12-23-2012, 06:57 AM
Bradley 6 tray digital all the way. I do about 30-40 racks a years of goose and deer jerky and 10-20 lbs of Kuba. Set and forget!!!!

pikeslayer22
12-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Master built propane for me way bigger and way hotter tHan the Bradley.

Bhflyfisher
12-23-2012, 11:08 AM
with the bradley, its required to use the wood pucks? My dad has always had this "thing" about using chemically bound things. He always wants to use the real deal wood in our big steel keg.

I'll keep those in mind when i go have a look!

magnummike
12-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Masterbuilt Extra Wide propane....it's huge, and it's on SALE at BASS PRO RIGHT NOW!!!........$179.97..........

5 super huge racks....1333 sq. inches of cooking space..!!
Burner is super powerful...
No better buy than this smoker.

Bradley smokers.......chips are a rip-off......check reviews on the net and you'll see.

lake side
12-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Bradley all the way. Go with the 6 rack digital. Just finished a batch of deer jerkey yesterday.

He will love it.........

LS

Pickrel_jigger
12-23-2012, 11:54 AM
Bradley digital smokers are ok, my only problem with them is they don't hold heat when you get below 10 deg. C. I have a weber smokey mt cooker and if you want to do do real BBQ this is an awesome unit, if you want to do jerky you need something that has a lot of space for racks. The Bradley's definitely have the space for racks covered. Some of the propane smokers out there will have the space for jerky and sausage and the will hold heat well. They probably will require some more attention because you will need to play with it to get the heat just right unlike the Bradley which is set and forget.

lake side
12-23-2012, 12:11 PM
It was probably -10c in the garage yesterday and I had no problem with mine. I just opened the door to the garage when smoking cycle is on so you don't fill the garage with smoke. Was probably even colder in there when the door was open.

Albertadiver
12-23-2012, 12:13 PM
I have a 4 rack centro digital. Very similar to the bradley, but uses standard wood chips.

It's ran fine for me for the last 4 or 5 years. Very happy with it. I use it on the back deck in -25c, and it holds the heat just fine.

Rumtan
12-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Were do you get a centro? and how much was it?

K44
12-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Masterbuilt Extra Wide propane....it's huge, and it's on SALE at BASS PRO RIGHT NOW!!!........$179.97..........

5 super huge racks....1333 sq. inches of cooking space..!!
Burner is super powerful...
No better buy than this smoker.

Bradley smokers.......chips are a rip-off......check reviews on the net and you'll see.

X2 Ask the bradley guys how their smokers work in these temps. I do most of my smokeing in the winter and found the Bradley just won't cut it

pikeslayer22
12-23-2012, 05:31 PM
X2 Ask the bradley guys how their smokers work in these temps. I do most of my smokeing in the winter and found the Bradley just won't cut it
X2 had a Bradley sold it and bought the master built...Way better!