PDA

View Full Version : What a wonderfully miserable night!

ole
06-02-2008, 10:41 PM
My buddy and I finally got the chance to both get away for an evening fishing trip! Wouldn't you know it, as soon as the wife gave her blessing, it started to rain. (Anyone down here in Lethbridge can attest to the miserable weather :rolleye2: ) But, being as stubborn as we both are, we threw his 12 foot inflatable in the back of the truck and headed out anyway......

We actually lucked out and stayed dry for the first hour or so before the sky's really opened up. We would've called her quits right then and there, but we had already landed 7 or 8 decent size pike!

Three hours in the rain (I only wore denim shorts and a hoody 'cuz i'm smart!!') and we landed a total of 28 pike! We had to pull the lures out of the water, or we never would have made it back to the boat launch!

Guess it beats getting skunked on a sunny day!

Jay

troller
06-03-2008, 06:17 AM
Guess it beats getting skunked on a sunny day!

Jay

Yes it does, or not even getting out at all.

Scott N
06-03-2008, 08:57 AM
Keho?

Okotokian
06-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Three hours in the rain (I only wore denim shorts and a hoody 'cuz i'm smart!!') and we landed a total of 28 pike!

Jay

I think with catches like that, anyone would have stayed. Hoody, eh? That's why everyone should own and always bring a light waterproof breathable shell. Weighs nothing, compacts well and always welcome when the weather changes.