PDA

View Full Version : Any one tried this hunting boots? Wolverine® Boone Waterproof Insulated Hunting Boots

Calgaryhunting2008
12-23-2012, 05:15 PM
I'm looking for a good cold weather hunting boots. My requirement is feet feels warm when the temperature above -20°C and not too cold between -20°C to -30°C with a good wool sock.

The Wolverine® Boone Waterproof Insulated Hunting Boots is on sale in BSP, 89$. It says 1000 gram Thinsulate™ Ultra insulation, seems very warm.
Any one tried it? how good it is. I did read several good reviews but they didn't say how cold the temperature was.

If you know any other good winter boots, please recommend. thank you.

http://dam-img.rfdcontent.com/cms/178/545/920x2000_smart_fit.jpg

pikeslayer22
12-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Muck boots...Arctic pros really good boot...129!@ Peavy Mart

Crossfire
12-27-2012, 12:18 PM
I would also appreciate some advice on boots as well my feet have been getting bruatally cold lately when out ice fishing and walking! Socks may be a big help to if anyone has some good suggestions it'd be great.

qmurphy
12-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Try something with goretex, a bit more money but worth it. I'm a cold feet guy, and have owned some 1000g thinsulate boots before without goretex, and they weren't nearly as warm if keeping them on for the full day. This year I finally dug into my wallet and was nothing but pleased. Irish Setter Elk Tracker, 1000g thinsulate. Also recommend using both a thin wicking sock and a heavier wool type sock over top. If it is extra cold, change your outer sock mid way through the day just to make sure it stays dry.