PDA

View Full Version : Any Funny Stories About People While Fishing?

DiabeticKripple
12-23-2012, 11:49 PM
anyone have any stories about the people they fish with, while they were fishing?

one time me and my grandpa pulled up to a spot on slave lake. i put my hook down and caught one right away. then another and another. he didnt catch any in half an hour. he even was fishing right beside me on the boat. so when i had a fish, he grabbed my rod and yanked it out of my hands. he passed me his and i started jigging and caught one in 5 mins haha.

another time i caught a few while he wasnt catching any, and he reeled his line up, started the motor, and said "there's no fish here" and gunned it, snapping my line with the fish on it haha.

miss ya gramps!

Strange
12-24-2012, 12:11 AM
I wasn't fishing but some other guy was. I was with my girlfriend on a large flat rock in the middle of nowhere on a nice warm sunny day. We were enjoying each-other's company when we noticed someone walking up the creek, about 250 yards away. We quickly got back to the shore, put our clothes back on and sat there as he walked by, with a pretty big grin on his face. I guess we were kind of grinning too. We exchanged greetings and he just kept on going. Kind of spoiled the mood for a while, but later, we finished what we started.

Pikecrazed
12-24-2012, 08:36 AM
he wasnt fishin with me but one day on lake bonivista some guy showed up with some rope and somthin that looked like only a shhark would take it ( i hadnt caught anything and didnt that day) well he through it out tide to the rope starts bringing it back in and banf gets a fish he stayed for ten minutes befoore limiting lol:confused:

Bigdad013
12-24-2012, 09:27 AM
he wasnt fishin with me but one day on lake bonivista some guy showed up with some rope and somthin that looked like only a shhark would take it ( i hadnt caught anything and didnt that day) well he through it out tide to the rope starts bringing it back in and banf gets a fish he stayed for ten minutes befoore limiting lol:confused:

:thinking-006:

EZM
12-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Just moved to the US as a young man with a new wife 8 month pregnant. Never caught or saw a bass in my life except on TV. This was my second day in the US.

We moved into a top floor (2nd floor) condo/townhome complex that backed onto a pond. Our 2nd Story balcony was literally 30 feet from the waters edge. In the mid-west, many complexes surround a water pond and sometimes there are fish in there.

Saw a few guy fishing in the pond. They would fish for hours and hours. I was watching, from my 2nd floor balcony, and noticed some big black shapes in the shallows right in front of my place.

I unpacked and removed my rod, still set up, all the way from Canada, with a heavy lead head jig and rubber tail and from my balcony fired it into the water pretty close to the black shapes. Pumped it twice off the bottom ...... just like seen on TV ........

BAM ......... immediate fish on ........

Fighting something that was peeling drag so yelled to my wife, who happened to be 8 months pregnant, to take the rod while I ran out the door, down the stairs .....

She passed the rod down to me and I landed a 7 or 8lb bass, now, in front of many on lookers, many of which, seemed impressed. I though they were impressed because of the cool balcony hook up.

I watched enough TV bass to know how to lip grab him, remove the hook and plop him back. So with a coy, cool guy smile, I did just that ...... only to have a few guys yell out "NO" .............

Later found out the county record was 6lbs 10oz. lol.

I lived in the US for 5 years after and had never hooked another one anywhere near that size ............lol

stupid Canadians .......lol

all canadian
12-24-2012, 01:04 PM
It was 25 years ago, we were fishing with my 5 year old cousin and I was 19. We were at chain lakes and it was painfully slow. It finally started to pick up and we landed 3 fish after 3 hours. Everyone was busy watching their lines for the next hit. When we finally looked up the fish we landed were gone! Well we ask our little 5 year old cousin what he did with the fish. He responded " I sent them back home." I still remember that day like it was yesterday. He's married now with kids of his own. Good times on the ice! Merry Christmas everyone!:happy0180: