PDA

View Full Version : Fluorocarbon Leader Management Tip

Daceminnow
12-25-2012, 03:11 PM
i finally solved the dilemma i was having with my loose spools of fluoro in my hardwater tackle bag and thought i'd share what i've done. i tried keeping the open spools in the box and feeding the line through the end. boxes end up getting squashed and wet. tried removing from the boxes and the little sticky tape either went missing or lost it's tack after a while. regular elastics don't allow you to spool off the line and keep the flouro together and tight. i tried to find the elastics that come on tippet spools to buy and use, but no luck. i only go through so much tippet a season so gathering enough for all my leader spools would take a couple years. in comes the idea of using a hair elastic or "pony" as my daughters call them. i threaded the fluro through a needle then through the middle of the pony. voila, it worked. i used a zip tie to hold them together in sequence by poundage and made a handle out of another. i then attached a lanyard to the whole works so it's easy to locate and pull out/hang up. it's been field tested a few times now and the leader spools of beautifully and the tag end is ready to go for the next time. it's actually pretty slick. here's a couple pics.

Dace

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd450/daceminnow/IMG_5985_zps526aefff.jpg
http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd450/daceminnow/IMG_5990_zpsc7b3b502.jpg

Speckle55
12-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Merry Christmas ...Dace:thinking-006: ...Great idea ..thanks for sharing ...i have picked up lots of hair bands so i am going to use them too

David:)

npauls
12-25-2012, 03:26 PM
thats a damn good idea dace.

im going to use the same set up on my boat for all my different spools of fluoro and mono.

fish gunner
12-25-2012, 04:33 PM
That is a w s o m e . Will be using That tip ,cheers.

tight line
12-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Good tip! My very organized wife bought me a spool holder made by plano, has little holes for the like to come out, and keeps the spool & line in good shape! Good gift! Merry christmas!

EZM
12-25-2012, 09:16 PM
This idea is a great xmas present ....... sounds like you got tired of it and sat down and solved a problem many of us have ............cheers ....

Hunter Trav
12-25-2012, 09:27 PM
Good tip! My very organized wife bought me a spool holder made by plano, has little holes for the like to come out, and keeps the spool & line in good shape! Good gift! Merry christmas!

I have the same one. Should fill it up sometime...lol :D

I like what you've done to Dace, very creative...:happy0034:

WayneChristie
12-25-2012, 09:51 PM
an organized tacklebox is the sign of a sick mind :bad_boys_20: looks good bud

Heron
12-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

TROLLER
12-26-2012, 12:50 PM

You can pick em up at Bass, they hold 6 or 8 spools.

I have several one in the boat 2 in the garage.