PDA

View Full Version : Elephant anyone!!!

mcreg
12-25-2012, 05:00 PM
Just received notification of 3 P.A.C. bull elephant hunts in Botswana. These are for bull elephant typically 55-70 lbs, fully exportable -$14,000 all inclusive. You only need to find your way there. 10 day hunt between January 10-31. Hoping to depart AB, Jan 12 (give or take?) Anyone interested PM me right away.

MKD
12-25-2012, 09:25 PM
What area?
Who with?
& PM Sent.

mcreg
12-25-2012, 10:40 PM
The hunt is being offered by 2 reputable African Outfitters (who work together) and will take place N.W. of Johannasburg along the S. African/Botswana border.
One will also have the opportunity for Trophy kudu/gemsbok blue wildebeest and warthog. Three years back I took a 55"kudu/40"gemsbok/30" wildebeest and 12" warthog from this area on the South African side. However, I was not hunting with either of these Outfitters rather a friend of mine, who has guided me on all my African Safaris!

BuckHunterBowen
12-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Do you have to draw any tags?

mcreg
12-26-2012, 09:26 AM
NO! They were on a First Come basis AND are already spoken for! Thanks to those who were interested.

Jamie
12-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhh
This one hurts!
I would love to do this.
Give me another year at the Lodge and it might be possible.

Jamie

mcreg
12-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Just as a quick note. For those of you that inquired -Thank-you. However for future reference, I am not trying to SCAM anyone!! Rather, IF you are "TRULY" interested, you must be able to act quickly. I understand that no one should act blindly. However, last minute means just that! There is some time for questioning but NO TIME to delierate "should I or shouldn't I" -"can I get the time away from work" or "Can I afford it". These need to be pre-addressed if you want to take advantage of Great Offers> They don't last long!!!
I will continue to keep posting whenever & whatever comes my way, but please understand I'm not the only client the respective Outfitters are offering these hunts to? And I don't know if I'm the first or the last he contacts?
Happy New Year everyone!!

thumper
12-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Good of you to make make these offers available. I appreciate it!

mcreg
12-26-2012, 07:03 PM

THUMPER - Thank-you for your encouragement!! I posted this hunt (and others) for one reason: to keep everyone informed just in case someone may be interested. And not only will they get a good dea but they will have a great hunt filled with lifelong memories.
I have stated in other posts I do not receive anything in return. Which isn't quite true because I have recieved several PM's questioning my motives and attacking my integrity.
Never will I ever post a hunt that I would not go on myself. In fact, most I will be!
Thanks again.
Hoping 2013 brings you new challenges and opportunities.

bezner
12-26-2012, 07:32 PM

x2

MKD
12-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Upon further investigation:
An email reply I thought I would share with you from the outfitter.
(Please do excuse his english as it is his second language)

"Thanks for the email! Very interesting! it sounds like same area!
But how can it be sold as PAC? And its ridiculiouis to add 50 to 75 lbs, that's stealing peoples money as you will hardly see a 50 lbs plus elle!
The january c batch is not sold!
Who is advertising them and where?and for 2013 season,we will only have that totals and prices....... when auctions starts!
Somebody is playing around here!"

mcreg
12-27-2012, 02:23 PM
MKD you're right the reply is interesting? However, I am certain, it is not the same offer as I was presented and passed on?
The writer's closing remarks clearly states that the final cost of the hunts (he is refering to) will only be known AFTER the auction!
He further comments that haven't even started yet!
The hunts I was refering to have already been offered and "SOLD".
However, as a precaution I have forwarded this on for clarification?
As you and I have been corresponding about, there are many "scammer's" out there, in fact I just received a warning of several operating out of Zimbabwe!
I trust the individual(s) who forwarded this on to me and so if I find out differently, I will be not only be shocked, but extremely disappointed.
thanks for watching out. I hope I (we) can periodically call on your knowledge from time to time?

scruffy
12-27-2012, 04:24 PM
This offer sounds (ed) not quite right to me as well. For nearly every reason listed ... Tell us more as the info comes in ... :):confused:

nyala hunter
12-27-2012, 05:25 PM
The 55 to 70 lb expectation is greatly exaggerated. There are certainly areas and times during the season that produce that type of ivory in Botswana ..no doubt. Not this area..realistic expectations would indeed be in the 55 to 70 lb range for BOTH Tusks.

Still an attactive offer.

caver77
12-27-2012, 05:30 PM
Wow! Please bring us some pictures back!

Big Boar
03-10-2013, 01:37 PM
Did the elephants die?

mcreg
03-10-2013, 09:51 PM
I have no idea! I had several inquiries but no "takers". There were a couple of others on this post that said they had knowledge of such a hunt. Perhaps they have more info?
Personally I have no interest in hunting elephant however I would accompanied anyone that would have gone on the hunt (unless they did not want me too!)