12-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Marcum Lx-7 here I come.

Lornce
12-26-2012, 12:54 PM
Actually on selected items.

NEWB
12-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Actually on selected items.

I was just there. Everything was a min of 25% off.

Todrod
12-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Should have gone there. I went to Bass Pro, with my kids and 500,000 other people, to get 33% off a frabill ice suit. They didn't even stock any! I was furious enough with traffic and people, then to have wasted all that time for nothing. They told me that it was an American flyer. No one was helpful, and they treated me like I was an idiot for being upset.
I'm still buzzing with fury. I will never go back there again. Wholesale isn't too far from me, but I don't find them too helpful either.
O well, I'll calm down soon...

deepfried
12-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Just today or a boxing week sale? I'm not brave enough to go out today :)

buckmaster
12-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Just today or a boxing week sale? I'm not brave enough to go out today :)

Just today. Was there this morning.Bulk jigs are 40% off. Some good deals but not as good as the year end sale...

kinwahkly
12-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Bass Pro shop !!!

I was also there today, i had a gift card also, usually pretty good guys there but the one fishing guy was an absolute jerk, I told him Ive been in retail for 25 years and if he worked for me he wouldent have a job!! They were so unorganized and when you did ask him a question , he didnt answer, i WANTED TO KNOW IF THEY PRICED MATCHED and he said no, Ive bought lots of stuff from all the stores in Calgary and most will price match, after ranting and raving I finally got my price match.

Richard B.
12-26-2012, 03:22 PM
I was in an out of the Fishin Hole in Calgary in 20 minutes with a new auger and two ice shelters - great service - good stock but going fast

Lornce
12-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Bass Pro shop !!!

I was also there today, i had a gift card also, usually pretty good guys there but the one fishing guy was an absolute jerk, I told him Ive been in retail for 25 years and if he worked for me he wouldent have a job!! They were so unorganized and when you did ask him a question , he didnt answer, i WANTED TO KNOW IF THEY PRICED MATCHED and he said no, Ive bought lots of stuff from all the stores in Calgary and most will price match, after ranting and raving I finally got my price match.
--------
I've dealt with them for a great many years and have had exceptional service. Shame you ran into some static, mind you Boxing day is an extremely stressful time for retail as you know.

kinwahkly
12-26-2012, 04:42 PM
--------
I've dealt with them for a great many years and have had exceptional service. Shame you ran into some static, mind you Boxing day is an extremely stressful time for retail as you know.

So have I, and like I said in the previous post Ive had good service from them, but that one asscociate was not an asset to the company, just trying to get info and it was like pulling teeth, he says to me we dont price match off the internet as its US pricing? I politely told him the Fishin Hole was a Canadian Company, but he didnt want to bother, so thats when I had to talk to some one else, hey I get it, I know its hard to find good help, but you would think on one of the busiest days of youre selling year you would be more prepared.

Who Da Fisherman
12-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Bass Pro shop !!!

There website says they do price match.

The Great White Hype
12-26-2012, 07:07 PM
There website says they do price match.

They do price match, all you need is a manager....

EZM
12-26-2012, 07:14 PM
Nice new store - not that much inventory actually. I bet there is more inventory in the smaller 91st location.

Deals are 10% electronics, 40%-50% on some rods, 25% on most everything else.

Did not feel compelled to buy anything today. Probably my first time leaving with all my money still in my pocket.

Alberta Bigbore
12-26-2012, 08:29 PM
I should have went there today!! Geeez

kinwahkly
12-26-2012, 09:20 PM
And it gets better, I open the box to the new Jiffy pro 4, I take out the head, add the oil and look and see the plastic housing is cracked and the pull cord is jammed, wow not a good day.

Mike_W
12-26-2012, 10:11 PM
I should have went there today!! Geeez

Too much booze last night to pull your butt out of bed this am? Lol

Alberta Bigbore
12-26-2012, 10:15 PM
Too much booze last night to pull your butt out of bed this am? Lol

hahahah... ya i think so.. you got that pic eh?

heh..I got alooooot of free booze from the customers at the new job for xmas and co workers.

wetchimo
12-26-2012, 10:25 PM
hahahah... ya i think so.. you got that pic eh?

heh..I got alooooot of free booze from the customers at the new job for xmas and coorkers.

I gave my girlfriend of 4 years $700 buck to go to the fishing hole and get me an ion auger and she got us a full day at the spa instead........thank god she likes to cuddle.

huntin'fool
12-26-2012, 10:27 PM
I gave my girlfriend of 4 years $700 buck to go to the fishing hole and get me an ion auger and she got us a full day at the spa instead........thank god she likes to cuddle.

cuddling makes up for that??

wetchimo
12-26-2012, 10:37 PM
cuddling makes up for that??

Ya cuddling makes up for just about anything. Lol

Bigdad013
12-26-2012, 10:43 PM
BPS always pulls that American card, even when our money is worth more. If your buying fishing lures or rods and such, WSS is always cheaper.