PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in Parkland County

CanisLatrans
06-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Hi there, I'm looking for a good place to go fishing in and around Spruce Grove/Stony Plain kind of area. I don't want to go too far. I used to spend 3/4 of my life at Lake Eden until they shut that down (we were gonna buy it too)...now the lake has been sitting there just growing big fish for like 3 years now...tempted to sneak in...or talk to the owners. They're gonna be sorry when there are so many fish that they start to deplete their food sources. Anyway, if anyone can give me a few suggestions of good trout ponds (preferrable with a few large trout) and what they're biting on I'd be more than greatful! Thanks!

skykomish sunrise
06-03-2008, 07:41 PM
try out hasse...the perch in there are really helping the bows to grow

Rudy198
06-03-2008, 08:03 PM
Hasse,Star,Mink,Mayatan,Chickakoo,Sauer,Jackfish.. ..all of those lakes are close to SP and SG,maybe a 30min drive.Takes me 35min to Chickakoo and i live on the NE side of Edmonton

muzzy
06-03-2008, 08:21 PM
Did I hear that mayatan has "eye's in it

CanisLatrans
06-04-2008, 01:05 AM
Hasse,Star,Mink,Mayatan,Chickakoo,Sauer,Jackfish.. ..all of those lakes are close to SP and SG,maybe a 30min drive.Takes me 35min to Chickakoo and i live on the NE side of Edmonton

I've tried all but Mink and Sauer...Sauer seems a bit inacessable but if the fish are worth it I'm willing to try. Hasse is really busy if you don't have a boat HAHA! Thanks guys