PDA

View Full Version : They said there are none in Alberta

KegRiver
12-27-2012, 02:33 AM
Last year I mentioned that I had shot a bull moose with a 64 inch spread.
I was told that there are no Moose that big in Alberta.

Well here is one.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc278/KegRiver/Bucks%20n%20Bulls/_MG_5880.jpg

Actually he measured 66 inches when he was shot.

This one was shot by my friend just a few miles from where I shot my big Moose and on the same year. I had forgotten about it till today.
But when I and another AO member stopped by to visit my friend today he reminded me of that year by asking about my Moose. We had compared the two Moose and he remembered that.

I would have left it there but when I mentioned my Moose last year several members of this site ridiculed me, made extremely nasty remarks and bullied me into retracting my claim. They said, very loudly and very angrily that there were no Moose that big in this Province and that I knew nothing about Moose or Moose hunting. To avoid having the abuse escalate I gave them what they wanted and what I knew was not true. I said I was mistaken.

I thought it would end there and from my part it would have but they wouldn't let it go. Just this past month one of those members threw it back in my face.

Well I was not wrong and here is the proof. I know they will claim that this Moose was shot in some far off place, and for certain they won't have the stones to apologize to me. But now the rest of you know the rest of the TRUTH.

See it's no longer their word against mine. It's their word against this photo and my fellow AO members word.

I also have more proof then just this but I will keep that just in case.

So now I present a challenge. Go ahead guys, say you never called me a lair here in front of everyone. Remember those magic buttons the mods are always talking about. They allow us to see and find things you can not see.

I can bring back every last word of that thread.

It's time to put an end to the underhanded bullying that goes on on this site.
Now I have what I need to do that if you have the stones to step up and admit who you are.

Or do we let this whole thing die once and for all. With the truth out there?

Rackmastr
12-27-2012, 03:00 AM
Doing a little drinking tonight?? Haha That post had some serious anger buried deep inside, almost a little 'passive/aggressive' going on there! :)

Thats a hell of a bull no doubt! It has to be to be able to hold the shanty-town of hides, snowshoes, etc hanging from it! Haha There are some giants taken in Alberta every year. I know of a couple 60" bulls in the last few years in Alberta.

On another note, if you let people from the internet 'bully you' or make you retract a claim to 'avoid abuse', etc, etc....your taking it WAY too seriously! Smile dude....its the internet! :)

KegRiver
12-27-2012, 04:27 AM
On another note, if you let people from the internet 'bully you' or make you retract a claim to 'avoid abuse', etc, etc....your taking it WAY too seriously! Smile dude....its the internet! :)

Wrong.

If you stand by and let a fellow hunter be treated that way, by anyone, you are no gentleman and you don't belong on this site.

United we stand, divided we fall. One is either for us or against us. It can not work both ways.

I swear, sometimes it's hard to tell who is a hunter and who is an anti hunter.

You may think that sort of behaviour a joke. I don't.

It is not the way a sportsman or any kind of man conducts himself.

It's the behaviour of a school yard bully. To suggest that we should accept it because this is the internet is supporting the anti hunting side, intentionally or not.

It's no different then watching a thief steel another mans belongings and saying nothing. Because it to be expected. After all, it's just normal behaviour in the city/country/bar/you pick the place.

A thief is a thief and a bully is a bully, no matter where he or she chooses to attack.

Have a look around. People are afraid to post because of this very thing.
Some very good members have left because of this very thing.

Endless threads have been derailed, endless arguments have been triggered, because of this very thing.

I say again. This is no joke. This is not just about me, this is effecting everyone on this site, except the abusers.

We stand together against this disease or we fall one at a time.

Do you care enough about hunting to fight for it? Then stand with us and make this a place where all real outdoorsman can feel safe, from beginners to weathered veterans, from the trophy hunters to the fisherman in tin boats, from the moms trying to raise a kid to love the outdoors to the oldtimes who can no longer get out there and enjoy this great resource.

If you believe that hunting deserves to survive then let us show the anti hunting crowd that we are not like them. We respect each other, we respect the best and the least among us, we even respect the people who stand against us and we do not tolerate bullying.

Bullying is the #1 tool of the anti crowd.

Are we no better then them, yes or no?

Mekanik
12-27-2012, 05:08 AM
Sorry that you had to go through that, keg. Glad you have your proof and that hopefully this will shut some people up.

That's a lot of moose!

AMisler
12-27-2012, 05:16 AM
Wow, you tell em' keg! It's about time someone voiced way everyone is thinking!! Good on ya man!

Reeves1
12-27-2012, 06:29 AM
Know what you mean Keg.
It's why I do not/will not post pics/info on fishing etc.

buckbrushoutdoors
12-27-2012, 06:31 AM
:sign0087::party0052:

greywolf
12-27-2012, 06:53 AM
When SRD conducts winter aerial surveys for Moose, if early enough and the moose are still carrying their antlers, they do from time to time observe and take pics of moose that definately go over 60". I have seen the pics.
One thing to watch out for though, a moose with relatively small palms can still go over 60" if one or two points on each side reach out well beyond the palm

Segundo
12-27-2012, 06:53 AM
You've got class Keg . Thats something you cant buy.

silver
12-27-2012, 06:57 AM
Good on you for standing up for yourself. Too many on the internet act differently than they would face to face. It must be that the anonymity of a keyboard lets out the dark side in some people. They think there are no repercussions no matter how rude and insulting they get. I won't type and post anything I wouldnt say to a mans face. Keep it up.

NBFK
12-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Is that your moose in the pic or your friends? Why didn't you post a picture last year so everyone could eat crow? Nice bull!

twytter
12-27-2012, 07:18 AM
to many hunters on here are just jalous and also dont beleive unless they see it.i dont call them hunters i called them ***hole only them are better and see it all.they should be happy for others not bullying them,congrats on that nice Bull Keg

H380
12-27-2012, 07:29 AM
Good on you for standing up for yourself. Too many on the internet act differently than they would face to face. It must be that the anonymity of a keyboard lets out the dark side in some people. They think there are no repercussions no matter how rude and insulting they get. I won't type and post anything I wouldnt say to a mans face. Keep it up.

X2.. couldn't have said it better myself .. The negative B.S. on here has escalated terribly . Seems we have to ask certain individuals here about what we can have for an opinion . Good Post Keg , Keep up the good work .

leo
12-27-2012, 07:37 AM
Keg, anyone who says there are no moose over 60" in Alberta is full of horse feathers! In my life I have seen 2, 1 that I that I would guess between 60"-66"(it was 50 yards from me), but I let it walk away because it was on land I had no permission on. The second I helped a friend drag out of the bush around 18 years ago that was 62".

albertadave
12-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Weird thread, but I also don't remember the drama and accusations that you're refering to. Must have missed that one. But you are correct, anyone who calims that there are no 60" moose in Alberta is very wrong.

ShawnM
12-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Well no wonder you shot him! He had snowshoes, a fox and various other animals hanging off his antlers... Would make even the craftiest moose a target :)

I never doubted you but thanks for sharing the picture! But I gotta say... VHS tapes? Really?? ;)

4thredneck
12-27-2012, 08:10 AM
Well no wonder you shot him! He had snowshoes, a fox and various other animals hanging off his antlers... Would make even the craftiest moose a target :)

I never doubted you but thanks for sharing the picture! But I gotta say... VHS tapes? Really?? ;)

X2 probably wouldn't have made the winter either with all that stuff hanging off him.:scared0018:

On a more serious note good on you Keg. The last while I have seriously thought about leaving this site because of all the BS but I keep coming back in hopes that it will get cleaned up. It really angers me that we lost a few good meembers here lately and the s#$% disturbers are still around.

Lefty-Canuck
12-27-2012, 08:31 AM
I can totally see where you are coming from Keg...alot of this site is how people deal with other people. If folks would take a step back and follow the old "treat people how you want to be treated" rather than the "eye for eye" method....things would go better around here.

Some people have a lot of history with others on here....sometimes there is some bad blood. Instead of taking it to PM's it gets aired out in the open and it serves no purpose but to have other onlookers pick sides and start in on the conversation....

Some folks are pretty harsh in their assumptions, harsh in their assertions...or just overly harsh.

There are alot of different personalities here...some guys know each other and some don't.

Some guys like to joke around meaning no harm.

Some guys like to cut to the bone where it hurts.

Some guys are crafty in telling someone to ---- --- without actually saying it but the message is the same.

Some folks are just plain misunderstood...

I agree though there are alot of folks who no longer frequent this site, lots who have given up, there are some who fall in the harsh category but also have alot to contribute....

I would like to think there are some who honestly don't think they are being bullies...

There are some who KNOW they are being bullies and those are the ones who should reflect on how they treat others.

Everyone approaches each situation differently...some folks are misunderstood or situations are misconstrued...no easy answer when there is a completely open forum.

I know I have been a bit harsh on a few folks during my time here, and I honestly feel bad and I am truly sorry if I made anyone feel uncomfortable. Picking my battles and holding my tongue is a couple things I am working on :) ...no one is perfect!

There are also some here that seem to be treated a touch differently than most other folks too....some favoritism is in play for sure.

I have been accused of doing things from some of those people that I never did....that too is a form of bullying. I have gotten a warning and they do not because I get told to lay off and they get a free pass to continue.

Part of the cure to bullying is to stick up against it...and outing the bully, but if there is censorship....how can one acheive that?

LC

IR_mike
12-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Seen 2 that are a honest 55" this fall.

Grizzly Adams
12-27-2012, 08:38 AM
No Grizzly bears in Alberta either. Just gotta look in the right places. :lol:

Grizz

Rackmastr
12-27-2012, 08:51 AM
Haha oh Keg....it was 3AM, a guys gotta lighten up and enjoy life a bit is all I'm saying!! No reason for long winded rants, blaming abuse, bullies and anti hunters. A guy just needs to enjoy stuff and let the other stuff brush off your back. We've all been involved in arguments including yourself calling out a member or two in the past. That's all I'm sayin...lighten up, smile, and post pics of big stinkin moose!!

Ultimate Predator
12-27-2012, 09:02 AM
There out there wish i could find one

rcmc
12-27-2012, 09:16 AM
Haha oh Keg....it was 3AM, a guys gotta lighten up and enjoy life a bit is all I'm saying!! No reason for long winded rants, blaming abuse, bullies and anti hunters. A guy just needs to enjoy stuff and let the other stuff brush off your back. We've all been involved in arguments including yourself calling out a member or two in the past. That's all I'm sayin...lighten up, smile, and post pics of big stinkin moose!!

It's seems some people don't take bullying seriously, but think what it has done to some of our young lately, Iam just sayin.

Rackmastr
12-27-2012, 09:21 AM
It's seems some people don't take bullying seriously, but think what it has done to some of our young lately, Iam just sayin.

Bahaha...oh I take bullying quite seriously. I'm also not ignorant enough to compare bullying to two adults arguing on the Internet. Keg is equally as guilty for arguing or slagging on this site, we all just need to let things roll of our backs a bit better is what I'm saying.

Pretty ignorant to compare the two IMO...

BigJon
12-27-2012, 09:25 AM
I didn't read the thread where people called you a lair and so on but it kind of shocks me that people can't believe there are 60" plus moose in Alberta. I am pretty sure one was posted on here last year and I know of one shot either the year before or two years ago. I have also seen pictures of live bulls in huntable areas (that people hunt and say there are no moose in) that are nipping at the heals of some of those big, slobberin' Yukon bulls. They are out there I believe that.

On another note, why is a Mod starting a thread that will no doubt be a pee'in match?

rcmc
12-27-2012, 09:28 AM
Bahaha...oh I take bullying quite seriously. I'm also not ignorant enough to compare bullying to two adults arguing on the Internet. Keg is equally as guilty for arguing or slagging on this site, we all just need to let things roll of our backs a bit better is what I'm saying.

I agree with some of what your saying, but you just said one thing did another, why didn't you let my comment sled off your back then?

ShawnM
12-27-2012, 09:30 AM

I think about the bullying in the press these days and can we honestly say it is any worse than when we were kids? There has always been bullies and there has always been ways to deal with them. When I was in jr high/high school the way to deal with them was to stand up to them. 9/10 they'd back down anyway but that 1/10 if you gave as good as you got they'd never bother you again.

As for here it's a culture thing. Even certain Mods are guilty of bullying people for little or no cause. As for taking it to the mods the two times I've brought an issue to their attention I have received *zero* contact from them. I'm not sure it would solve anything.

The only way to improve this board is if we improve ourselves. Less hostility, more openess to accomodate other points of views. It is what we make it.

pottymouth
12-27-2012, 09:30 AM

Post up the original thread.... I don't recall a thread like that, but I would interested to read it, and see is it about bullying or just another argument.....I'm going to assume it's just a couple of guys arguing, I agree with Rack here.

This is a strange thread for sure.

As far as 60 inch moose, there 3 posted on here last year. I was lucky to be in, on one of those hunts.

Rackmastr
12-27-2012, 09:31 AM
I agree with some of what your saying, but you just said one thing did another, why didn't you let my comment sled off your back then?

I did. You won't see me posting about it in a year. I just responded, had a chuckle, got called a bully via text with 2 friends who laughed, and that's that. Letting things slide off your back doesn't mean not posting. It just means not to take the Internet too seriously...lol

Should I feel bullied by your post?? Hahaha

TRAPPER92
12-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Yes, they are out there!! I've seen a couple myself - one just north of Whitecourt and one along the Athabasca just this year!

Nait Hadya
12-27-2012, 09:46 AM
well,you must realize, some "members" are just ghost writing for an idiot.....?:)

It probably doesn't have much to do with the moose, however I have seen a few 60" plus moose,they do exist. one in particular that hangs in my garage would have gone well over that magic number of 60" except for a busted tine.

"If you stand by and let a fellow hunter be treated that way, by anyone, you are no gentleman and you don't belong on this site." interesting thought......

flyguyd
12-27-2012, 09:52 AM
Pretty sure they're around. Guy i know shot one down here in the south 15 yrs ago that was 54in and missin 1/2 of the main pan on one side. He would have gone well over 60

KegRiver
12-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Is that your moose in the pic or your friends? Why didn't you post a picture last year so everyone could eat crow? Nice bull!

Like I said in the OP, it is my friends Moose. It was shot the same year as my big Moose and not many miles from it. And it's a few inches bigger then my Moose.

I also stated that I had forgotten about it until I saw it yesterday which is why I didn't post the photo last year.

I did post a photo of a Moose a different friend claimed he had taken. Turns out he was having a bit of fun and I didn't do my research properly.

I got some flak for that and rightful so.

KegRiver
12-27-2012, 10:40 AM
On another note, why is a Mod starting a thread that will no doubt be a pee'in match?

It doesn't have to turn into a pee'n match and should not turn into a pee'n match.

It is precisely because that happens so often that people have come to expect it, that I started this thread.

It is going to end one way or another.

Zuludog
12-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Keg - I can't comment on the threads you're talking about because I didn't read them but CONGRATS to you and your friend on some nice moose. :)

waterhaulerhunter
12-27-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm aweful at field judging animals but this year i seen 2 bull moose that would give that guy a run for his money. The haters are always the jealous ones as far as I'm concerned.

diamonddave
12-27-2012, 11:24 AM
I would really like to see the original thread, just for the fact that I love to see loud mouths with egg on their face in public:sHa_shakeshout:

Lefty-Canuck
12-27-2012, 11:29 AM
I would really like to see the original thread, just for the fact that I love to see loud mouths with egg on their face in public:sHa_shakeshout:

If the closet has been pointed out it would be nice to see the skeleton :)

LC:)

AxeMan
12-27-2012, 11:33 AM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=44118&highlight

Conversation starts at post #55.

AxeMan
12-27-2012, 11:40 AM
I personally have seen several Alberta bulls over the 60" mark. The biggest one being just after I put my tag on a 40 incher... Oh well, it tasted great.

The talk of the 70" plus Albertan bulls I would have to see to believe.

Just width alone is actually a poor indicator of a good trophy bull moose. imho

elkslayer132
12-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Also why i will not post or respond on here because of the low class people that seem to dominate this site

CNP
12-27-2012, 11:48 AM
You're moose.......stuff of dreams. My Alberta moose............how big?

Wife says I can't have any more dead animals welcoming people at our front door?

mudbug
12-27-2012, 11:57 AM
That is an awesome Moose :sHa_shakeshout:

ishootbambi
12-27-2012, 11:59 AM
i didnt see anyone say there are no 60 inch moose in alberta? i did see someone claim an 80 plus....which has never been proven. largest spread on a canada moose was a bull taken near luseland saskatchewan just a few years ago at 76. it made B&C, but was a fair ways away form being the highest scoring bull in its category. there certainly are 60 inch moose in alberta....likely even a 70 or two, but they definitely arent common.

heck keg, i didnt even see anyone say you didnt shoot a 60. im not sure why you are so angry about that thread? meh...either way, thats a pretty big bull at your friends house. too bad yours got lost somewhere. i bet you wish now you had it hanging in your house. not to throw at anyone here...but to take you back to that hunt that day. i know every time i look around my place at a head or even a picture, i find myself daydreaming back to those incredible days in the field.

Dark Wing
12-27-2012, 11:59 AM
You're moose.......stuff of dreams. My Alberta moose............how big?

Wife says I can't have any more dead animals welcoming people at our front door?

That pic doesn't do the rack justice. It's a hell of a bull that pushes close 60 inches.

KegRiver
12-27-2012, 12:05 PM
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=44118&highlight

Conversation starts at post #55.

Thanks AxeMan. That saved me a bit of work.

Since the claim of an 80 inch bull came to me second hand I can not confirm or deny it.

But I believe it is possible. Partially because as some have already pointed out, width is not a good indicator of trophy potential.

I also know for a fact that a lot of big Moose have wound up on barn walls or left in the bush. At least in this area.

Dacotensis
12-27-2012, 12:14 PM
My dad's uncle (Ernie Thorn) shot a bull that would go well over 60".
It was hung on our wall after he died. KenAOvette could have curled up and had a sleep in the palms.
One day mom was sweeping the floor downstairs and cracked her head open on one of the points. Off to the Dr.'s for stitches.
It was given to a guy from Ikea after that.

I have seen one bull that would go 60". He jumped onto the hiway and strutted up and down the shoulder of the Yellowhead. This was East of Elk Island park, maybe he was an escapee' from the park.
They exist. No doubt!

AxeMan
12-27-2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks AxeMan. That saved me a bit of work.

Since the claim of an 80 inch bull came to me second hand I can not confirm or deny it.

But I believe it is possible. Partially because as some have already pointed out, width is not a good indicator of trophy potential.

I also know for a fact that a lot of big Moose have wound up on barn walls or left in the bush. At least in this area.

Keg, it is certainly true many very large racks were left in the bush. I know of a 60" plus rack that was left in the bush between Swan Hills and Slave Lake when I was a kid. The older guys that I hunted with then had no use for antlers at all and left it there. I remember we took the hide though. They just said you can't eat them. I know that rack was found and put up in a sports store in the area.

I am not surprized your big moose rack wasn't put up in those days. It just wasn't the "in" thing. Eating was a bigger issue than bragging back then.

BTW, that pic of your buddy's moose antlers is very nice.

KegRiver
12-27-2012, 12:20 PM
heck keg, i didnt even see anyone say you didnt shoot a 60.

That's because this was only the beginning. It has been thrown back at me in thread after thread, right up to just a couple of weeks ago.

It is that more then anything else that makes this an issue. Keeping it alive is not fair comment. It is a deliberate determined and sustained attempt to create division among hunters.

And because these people are very skilled at making such statements in such a way as to claim they never said it at all.

Like this statement from that thread.

Originally Posted by KegRiver
As I said maybe I'm spoiled.

80" is what I consider Yukon size.

I called in a 65" bull for a friend and he nearly won a Quad with it, lost out to a Yukon moose.
Rod Roth from Twin Lakes just north of Manning had a hunter take an 82" bull several years ago.
Skinny with Buffalo Hilton Guiding takes two or three over 60" bulls almost every year.

And as I mentioned. I took a 64" bull myself while meat hunting.

Every one of those were taken in the Manning district of Alberta.

Seems to me that 60"+ is not all that rare.WOW!!.......:bad_boys_20:

How many unicorns with the 30" spears do you see every year?

Note, this was said after everyone else had moved on. This is a deliberate attempt to not just keep it alive but to get things heated even more.

And it says I did not shoot such a Moose, after all, everyone knows there is no such thing as a unicorn.

topgun2269
12-27-2012, 12:26 PM

Well here is one.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc278/KegRiver/Bucks%20n%20Bulls/_MG_5880.jpg

Actually he measured 66 inches when he was shot.

This one was shot by my friend just a few miles from where I shot my big Moose and on the same year. I had forgotten about it till today.
But when I and another AO member stopped by to visit my friend today he reminded me of that year by asking about my Moose. We had compared the two Moose and he remembered that.

I would have left it there but when I mentioned my Moose last year several members of this site ridiculed me, made extremely nasty remarks and bullied me into retracting my claim. They said, very loudly and very angrily that there were no Moose that big in this Province and that I knew nothing about Moose or Moose hunting. To avoid having the abuse escalate I gave them what they wanted and what I knew was not true. I said I was mistaken.

I thought it would end there and from my part it would have but they wouldn't let it go. Just this past month one of those members threw it back in my face.

Well I was not wrong and here is the proof. I know they will claim that this Moose was shot in some far off place, and for certain they won't have the stones to apologize to me. But now the rest of you know the rest of the story.

See it's no longer their word against mine. It's their word against this photo and my fellow AO members word.

I also have more proof then just this but I will keep that just in case.

So now I present a challenge. Go ahead guys, say you never called me a lair here in front of everyone. Remember those magic buttons the mods are always talking about. They allow us to see and find things you can not see.

Now I have what I need to do that if you have the stones to step up and admit who you are.

Or do we let this whole thing die once and for all. With the truth out there? there are quite a few members on here that always state "no pic it did not happen" you all know who you are..... "Gulty until proven innocent hey????? Way to go!!!! even though you did not have to show the pics!!!! once again I can see the big mirror on the wall start to turn in the direction of who is actually to blame!!!!! Sweet....

echo
12-27-2012, 12:27 PM
if i get time i will look for some of our old Moose hunting pics there were alot over 60 or right there ....

walking buffalo
12-27-2012, 12:32 PM

Or do we let this whole thing die once and for all. With the truth out there?

Seeing as how You brought this up, calling out AO members, back up your claim.
Where are these posts and who called you a liar regarding 60" moose in Alberta?

I recall the thread which has been linked here.
Is that is the thread you are referring to?
No One called you a liar or even said Alberta never produced 60"+ moose....

Without providing evidence of your claim, Your post comes across as Bullying....

If you stand by and let a fellow hunter be treated that way, by anyone, you are no gentleman and you don't belong on this site.

Carefull.... Is that a mirror on the wall? ....

Will we have to snapshot this thread before posts are deleted?

Dark Wing
12-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Keg, it is certainly true many very large racks were left in the bush. I know of a 60" plus rack that was left in the bush between Swan Hills and Slave Lake when I was a kid. The older guys that I hunted with then had no use for antlers at all and left it there. I remember we took the hide though. They just said you can't eat them. I know that rack was found and put up in a sports store in the area.

I am not surprized your big moose rack wasn't put up in those days. It just wasn't the "in" thing. Eating was a bigger issue than bragging back then.

BTW, that pic of your buddy's moose antlers is very nice.

Back in those days it was frowned upon to shoot big bulls as no one at home wanted to chew on a tough steak all winter. Believe it or not in the early 70's you were given 2 moose tags a season in the mountain zones. I remember Dad grumbling about helping out a buddy from his home town who ended up going into one of his honey holes and shooting 14 bulls a season for a few years with other friends.

KegRiver
12-27-2012, 12:35 PM
i bet you wish now you had it hanging in your house. not to throw at anyone here...but to take you back to that hunt that day. i know every time i look around my place at a head or even a picture, i find myself daydreaming back to those incredible days in the field.

LOL Actually the only reason I would want it now is to cram it down a throat or two.

But I do understand what you are saying. I have other things to remind me of good times, I never was one for keeping visual reminders. And besides a rack like that takes up a lot of space.

BigJon
12-27-2012, 12:43 PM
Wow...that original thread is quite interesting...I know there are 60" moose in Alberta and believe that Keg even bagged one once upon a time....I don't find it unbelieveable either that he lost track of the antlers. I have seen a non-typ whitetail rack sitting on the front porch of a farmers house that was an easy 190" deer....he glanced at it and mentioned something about it in passing...

But c'mon....60"ers being common...?

diamonddave
12-27-2012, 12:59 PM
That's because this was only the beginning. It has been thrown back at me in thread after thread, right up to just a couple of weeks ago.

It is that more then anything else that makes this an issue. Keeping it alive is not fair comment. It is a deliberate determined and sustained attempt to create division among hunters.

And because these people are very skilled at making such statements in such a way as to claim they never said it at all.

Like this statement from that thread.

Note, this was said after everyone else had moved on. This is a deliberate attempt to not just keep it alive but to get things heated even more.

And it says I did not shoot such a Moose, after all, everyone knows there is no such thing as a unicorn.

Keg you have to consider the source on this one. 98% of this guys post are useless drivel and sarcasism to try to belittle the OP.

diamonddave
12-27-2012, 01:02 PM

I recall the thread which has been linked here.
Is that is the thread you are referring to?
No One called you a liar or even said Alberta never produced 60"+ moose....

Without providing evidence of your claim, Your post comes across as Bullying....

Carefull.... Is that a mirror on the wall? ....

Will we have to snapshot this thread before posts are deleted?

Just because some people use winky faces and sarcasism because they don't have the balls to call the guy a liar, doesn't mean the members who read it don't know what is being implied....

KegRiver
12-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Wow...that original thread is quite interesting...I know there are 60" moose in Alberta and believe that Keg even bagged one once upon a time....I don't find it unbelieveable either that he lost track of the antlers. I have seen a non-typ whitetail rack sitting on the front porch of a farmers house that was an easy 190" deer....he glanced at it and mentioned something about it in passing...

But c'mon....60"ers being common...?

Sigh!!!!

Maybe read that whole thing again.

I did not say they were common. I said they MIGHT BE MORE COMMON THEN SOME PEOPLE THINK.

Some people still don't get it.

It's not about the Moose people! And it's not about that one thread.

It's about a few people NOT LETTING IT DIE. Starting on that thread and continuing through the passing weeks and months, RIGHT UP TO A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO.

It's not about some people not believing that a 60" Moose could be shot in Alberta.

It's about saying that in such a way so as to be able to claim that they did not say it.

It's not about what I said. It's about what I did not say.

I did not say they were common. I said they are not uncommon in this area.

And you know what. It's not even about me or my Moose.

It's about this is happening far too often around here.

Lefty-Canuck
12-27-2012, 01:07 PM
FWIW...I read the thread and the one comment about the unicorn was an attempt at humour....(at least thats how I would take it....) Maybe Keg took it as an attack on his character?...I am not sure? There are other comments in that thread that "question" Keg's claims alot more IMHO and they are not from the guy who made the unicorn comment...

LC

KegRiver
12-27-2012, 01:08 PM

Which member have I called out? Name them, I'm sure they will appreciate you coming to their rescue.

ishootbambi
12-27-2012, 01:15 PM
keg, there are for sure some malicious things said on this forum that drag on many weeks, and even months. i can think of a few examples without straining too hard. there are more that have been dragged on for as long or more that are meant humorously. the best example is ken07s monster energy thread. it was before my time, and from what i know of it, it got ugly and funny at the same time. it still gets mentioned, but as far as i can tell.....when its brought up now it is simply in good fun. im sure to a certain asian bodybuiling gnome that likes mojitos, its not as funny, but all references to that are im sure meant in fun too.

i havent noticed a bunch of moose comments your way....but is there a chance that a few guys are just having some fun in a way that maybe you are taking a little personal, but it isnt neccessarily meant as a sleight? im not sure what comments were made, or in what context....but sometimes a joke is just that, and meant to be funny, not hurtful. im not saying youre wrong...just offering a view you may not have considered.

FCLightning
12-27-2012, 01:15 PM
damn....this one got funny. thanks for the laugh keg.

Weird way of saying Congrats on your moose Keg.

ishootbambi
12-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Weird way of saying Congrats on your moose Keg.

there was no moose to congratulate in that thread, actually it wasnt even about kegs moose. it took off on a tangent, as so many do and i had laugh about it.

i didnt run keg down for it, and i didnt run down the outfitter or imply he was a slug after reading one side of the op story. how about you?

Funny thing, this is what the whole allocation system was going to cure - for the good of the industry and the image of Alberta. For the good of Alberta sportsmen.

Oh well.

glad to see this name has worked out better for you.

gman1978
12-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Heck. There have been 60 inch bulls taken in the prairie parts of the province.

ishootbambi
12-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Heck. There have been 60 inch bulls taken in the prairie parts of the province.

some would argue the prairies are your best bet for a 60 these days. i used to see them in the wainwright military base, but too many tags for the last several years has ruined that. today a 50 is huge there.

walking buffalo
12-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Which member have I called out? Name them, I'm sure they will appreciate you coming to their rescue.

I remember this kind of talk in elementary school. :rolleye2:

No, you started it. Back up your claim and name names.

So now I present a challenge. Go ahead guys, say you never called me a lair here in front of everyone.

Remember those magic buttons the mods are always talking about. They allow us to see and find things you can not see.

I challenge you to show us where one AO member called you a liar.

May the Sword of Damocles fall true.

:budo:

ksteed17
12-27-2012, 01:53 PM

More than your fair share. But since your the one bringing how much "power" you have all the time I better be careful. Your single handedly killing this forum. Ill bet if you had a bigger sledgehammer you could kill more 60" moose...

pottymouth
12-27-2012, 02:03 PM
More than your fair share. But since your the one bringing how much "power" you have all the time I better be careful. Your single handedly killing this forum. Ill bet if you had a bigger sledgehammer you could kill more 60" moose...

Lol. Ouch!

209x50
12-27-2012, 02:15 PM
more than your fair share. But since your the one bringing how much "power" you have all the time i better be careful. Your single handedly killing this forum. Ill bet if you had a bigger sledgehammer you could kill more 60" moose...
lol! Ibtl!

buckbrushoutdoors
12-27-2012, 02:26 PM

hahaha! bingo!

oh oh! im probably going to get another infraction for nothing!

walking buffalo
12-27-2012, 02:28 PM
Ksteed,

Beautiful, just beautiful! :lol:

http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy10/keetspics/beer-trap.jpg

KegRiver
12-27-2012, 02:30 PM
keg, there are for sure some malicious things said on this forum that drag on many weeks, and even months. i can think of a few examples without straining too hard. there are more that have been dragged on for as long or more that are meant humorously. the best example is ken07s monster energy thread. it was before my time, and from what i know of it, it got ugly and funny at the same time. it still gets mentioned, but as far as i can tell.....when its brought up now it is simply in good fun. im sure to a certain asian bodybuiling gnome that likes mojitos, its not as funny, but all references to that are im sure meant in fun too.

i havent noticed a bunch of moose comments your way....but is there a chance that a few guys are just having some fun in a way that maybe you are taking a little personal, but it isnt neccessarily meant as a sleight? im not sure what comments were made, or in what context....but sometimes a joke is just that, and meant to be funny, not hurtful. im not saying youre wrong...just offering a view you may not have considered.

A joke is only a joke if it's received as a joke.

Telling a overweight person "they are fat ha ha ha" is not a joke.

But for certain there is a lot of joking that goes on around here and I for one really appreciate that.

However, to come back, over a year after the fact and bring up what was clearly a nasty argument, with no provocation, when it was not even the topic of discussion, is not a joke and was not intended as a joke.

The fact that others did not notice the comments I mention speaks to the very underhanded way they were presented, not to the possibility they were not made or the possibility they were meant as a joke.

Who tells a joke in such a way that no one even notices it?

buckbrushoutdoors
12-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Keg I think your the only one who doesnt get the joke....

KegRiver
12-27-2012, 02:34 PM

No deal WB. I called this dance, I get to call the music.

I will not allow you to derail my thread.

If you want to talk about the real issue, the derailed threads, the members who will no longer post photos or share their stories and advice.

Then we will talk. But if all you want to do is pick a fight, go elsewhere.

ksteed17
12-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Wow. And half the thread gone just like that!! Who would've guessed keg would sensor another thread to meet his point...

209x50
12-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Wow. And half the thread gone just like that!! Who would've guessed keg would sensor another thread to meet his point...
Ain't that the truth!

albertadave
12-27-2012, 02:41 PM

It's weird how that happens LOL

pottymouth
12-27-2012, 02:42 PM

Looks like the sword fell , and chopped half this pages posts.....AGAIN.

Rocks
12-27-2012, 02:43 PM

Unreal.

This thread is not un-stupid.

ksteed17
12-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Hey WB did you take those screen shots? Looks like you were right!

pottymouth
12-27-2012, 02:47 PM

Looks like the sword fell and chopped this pages posts in half...AGAIN.

And this post now twice!

How many times are you gonna chop it! # 2

Looks like the sword fell , and chopped half this pages posts.....AGAIN.

209x50
12-27-2012, 02:48 PM
this censorship is ridiculess! You started the post looking for a fight and then when it doesn't go your way you simply delete the posts. I think this needs to be addressed with the other mods.

ksteed17
12-27-2012, 02:49 PM
this censorship is ridiculess! You started the post looking for a fight and then when it doesn't go your way you simply delete the posts. I think this needs to be addressed with the other mods.

100% if he doesn't go this forum is done!

albertadave
12-27-2012, 02:50 PM

X2

IBTNC (In Before The Next Censorship)

Please don't ban me:scared0018:

Walleyes
12-27-2012, 02:51 PM
What the heck is going on here ?? Geez Keg,, I thought you more of a man than the crap you are pulling here.. You start a thread with no more intention than to stir the pot and when it gets going that way you start deleting posts,, are you for real ???

This is B.S. total abuse of athourity,, total abuse..

209x50
ibtnc (in before the next censorship)

please don't ban me:scared0018:
lol!

KegRiver
Do you want to keep this up gentleman or do you want to speak to the original post?

209x50
12-27-2012, 02:53 PM
What the heck is going on here ?? Geez Keg,, I thought you more of a man than the crap you are pulling here.. You start a thread with no more intention than to stir the pot and when it gets going that way you start deleting posts,, are you for real ???

This is B.S. total abuse of athourity,, total abuse..

Completely...

ksteed17
12-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Lol. I'm just curious about my post count. If he deletes all my posts does that affect my count? How can I throw my wait around if my count doesn't keep going up?...

walking buffalo
12-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Keg,

What you are doing in this thread is just wrong.

Please consider leaving your role as a Moderator here at AO.

NBFK
12-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Nothing like beating a dead horse....

Sometimes when I feel sad I fill out one of these. After a few lines you realize you need to nut up and get on with life.

R.I.P Brownbear416and Rockymtx

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n613/alberta_bowman/1340145331_zps30d088da.jpg

ksteed17
12-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Keg,

X10000000!!!! Absolute bull ****

209x50
12-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Do you want to keep this up gentleman or do you want to speak to the original post?
In the original post you were attacking people you thought were bullying you and then you bully anyone who disagrees your opinion by deleting their post.
You don't see the irony in that?

buckbrushoutdoors
12-27-2012, 02:58 PM
So your aloud to call people out keg? but know one is aloud to call you out? wtf is this north korea or Ao?

You called out my buddy on his thread about shooting to many animals which he had tags for and did so all in a legal manner, You sir are the biggest hypocrit ever!

and give the cencorship a break!

Lefty-Canuck
Eggnog and fresh air (not necessarily in that order) would do some folks some real good here.....

LC

huntinstuff
I think this thread should be closed.

Keg, I think a lot of points have been made. You killed a big one, Ive guided to a couple 60+ moose here, some guys have bagged one, etc.

Anyone with some bush time knows that there are giants in Alberta.

Before someone here gets out of hand, let's close it.

209x50
12-27-2012, 02:59 PM
I can't tell what the form is?

Walleyes
Keg,

You would think..

Rocks
In the original post you were attacking people you thought were bullying you and then you bully anyone who disagrees your opinion by deleting their post.

X2

Rocks
12-27-2012, 03:00 PM
Keg,

I'll second that.

NBFK
My post didn't come through....here's a good link.... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2614230

Rackmastr
Keg,

X2

The treatment that Keg has given people is sickening, via PM and here. This has to stop. I know I'm outta here if that change doesn't happen. Horrible abuse of a position of moderator.

This will be my last posting here if Keg doesn't get the boot or step down. Period.

pottymouth
12-27-2012, 03:01 PM
Members get warning and banned when we act out. What happens to mods, when they do?

209x50
My post didn't come through....here's a good link.... http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2614230
ahhh... I C. LOL thanks!

albertadave
Keg,

X2

Time to do the honourable thing

buckbrushoutdoors
X2

The treatment that Keg has given people is sickening, via PM and here. This has to stop.

x2

KegRiver
12-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Keg,

So do you think we, the moderators should let people walk all over us?

Am I wrong about threads getting derailed and people being reluctant to post?

Do you deny that what I say happened? Can you prove that I have not had this 6" Moose thing brought back at me again and again over the months and years since that thread where it all started?

KegRiver
12-27-2012, 03:04 PM

No.

My original post was laying out what had happened and why thing have to change around here.

Are you part of the solution or part of the problem?

jryley
12-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Keg notice the guys that 'called' you out. I wont post specific names, but the screen names i speak of are usually the guys that seem to have egos bigger than their own skull can contain. See the archery draw threads, the old thread where two members made feeble attempts to tear apart TJ, or any thread asking for a guess on scoring. Its the same guys everytime man. No doubt in my mindthose same guys have little to no hunting partners that actually enjoy spending time with them. Who cares. Let it
Roll off your back.

NBFK
12-27-2012, 03:05 PM
My posts keep getting deleted but if you wear a plastic badge and have magic buttons you can post what ever you want? Cool sign me up!?!?!

Doodle30
I few months ago I started a thread about an AO reality show. (It got quashed before anyone even got a chance to repond. No it was not by Keg or not that I recall)

AN AO REALITY SHOW WOULD BE A SMASH HIT.

buckbrushoutdoors
nobody is walking all over you or the mods, maybe the other mods understand that people dont agree on everything and let it go... most people have way thicker skin than you I guess.

If this place is to much for you, Id hate to see how you act at your work place.

KegRiver
12-27-2012, 03:06 PM
I think this thread should be closed.

Keg, I think a lot of points have been made. You killed a big one, Ive guided to a couple 60+ moose here, some guys have bagged one, etc.

Anyone with some bush time knows that there are giants in Alberta.

Before someone here gets out of hand, let's close it.

I trust your judgment.

Thread closed.

huntinstuff
12-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Keg notice the guys that 'called' you out. I wont post specific names, but the screen names i speak of are usually the guys that seem to have egos bigger than their own skull can contain. See the archery draw threads, the old thread where two members made feeble attempts to tear apart TJ, or any thread asking for a guess on scoring. Its the same guys everytime man. No doubt in my mindthose same guys have little to no hunting partners that actually enjoy spending time with them. Who cares. Let it
Roll off your back.

Lotta truth there

Lets close it shall we?