PDA

View Full Version : Anyone familiar with the Blackfoot grazing area?

Erik
12-27-2012, 12:48 PM
Couple questions:

1) Is the discharge permit limited to certain timeframes?
2) Have you seen evidence of rabbit there

Alberta Bigbore
12-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Cant shoot rabbits there.

Erik
12-27-2012, 07:06 PM
Cant shoot rabbits there.

garbage. Thanks for the info though.

timsesink
12-27-2012, 09:40 PM
several guys have trap lines in there, that's why they don't allow shooting rabbits.

cds
12-28-2012, 12:11 PM
has long has u are not trapping u can shoot rabbits in alberta all year round i do belive.

Porcupine, rabbit, hare, raccoon and woodchuck may be hunted, but not trapped**, without a licence throughout the province, at all times of the year. Skunk may be hunted and trapped.

Erik
12-28-2012, 01:30 PM
has long has u are not trapping u can shoot rabbits in alberta all year round i do belive.

Porcupine, rabbit, hare, raccoon and woodchuck may be hunted, but not trapped**, without a licence throughout the province, at all times of the year. Skunk may be hunted and trapped.

This is the regulations for hunting in Alberta; however, the restriction for hunting the Blackfoot appears to lie within the need to get a permit for discharge of a firearm, which they limit to big game hunting season, thereby eliminating hunting of rabbit. Not sure that I agree with it, but it is the law of that piece of land, it appears.

Donkey Oatey
12-28-2012, 01:54 PM
This is the regulations for hunting in Alberta; however, the restriction for hunting the Blackfoot appears to lie within the need to get a permit for discharge of a firearm, which they limit to big game hunting season, thereby eliminating hunting of rabbit. Not sure that I agree with it, but it is the law of that piece of land, it appears.

You are correct. Because it is a Provincial Recreation Area you can only hunt those species that there is an open season for. Upland game bird, waterfowl, wt deer, elk (draw) and moose (draw). To hunt those you are required to have a discharge permit.

happy honker
12-29-2012, 09:23 AM
He's right, you CAN hunt rabbit in ALBERTA per say, but not in zone 936.
Conditions of getting a permit do not allow us to shoot any fur bearer including rabbits and coyotes due to traplines that exist within Blackfoot (936).