PDA

View Full Version : Wild Boar Hunts

Northstar197
12-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Hey all, I was just curious, other than Hog Wild Specialties over by Mayerthorpe, does anyone know of any other places to do wild boar hunts in Alberta, and approximately how much would the cost be? Thanks everyone.

Serge

mightybuck
12-28-2012, 09:34 AM
Hog wild is 600 dollars for a medium size pig under 300lbs. 900 buks for a trophy boar over 300 lbs. I think Chad Lentz of Savage Encounters does Pig hunts by Rocky Mountain House.

Forest Techer
12-28-2012, 09:35 AM
To completely ignore the part about 'in Alberta' there are a few places in sk. Sounds much cheaper, 1 near good soil or cold lake. And the other I've heard of is near North battleford.

Would be interesting to hear what's around and the cost ECt.

^just saw the above post. I remember prices being half that in good soil. It was some time ago. They also have cross breeds that are supposed to taste much better.

Northstar197
12-28-2012, 10:00 AM
Hi mightybuck, just wondering, have you ever done a hunt with Hog Wild? If so, was it a good/ satisfactory experience? Forest techer, I guess I never thought of going the Sask route, the North Battleford area would be fairly intriguing to me, its not far from where I'm from actually. Would AB residents be able to hunt for them in Sask though?

schleprock
12-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Google "Wayne Witzaney" and it will give you the information that you are looking for including threads from the AO forum. Wayne runs a wild boar operation southwest of Goodsoil Saskatchewan. He even field dresses them for you and will drop them off at Hamels butcher shop in Cold Lake to be processed if you don't wish to get your hands dirty.

Northstar197
12-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Thanks schleprock, I will check that out for sure.

ishootbambi
12-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Hog wild is 600 dollars for a medium size pig under 300lbs. 900 buks for a trophy boar over 300 lbs. I think Chad Lentz of Savage Encounters does Pig hunts by Rocky Mountain House.

would you want to hunt with lenz after the garbage he pulled breaking alberta laws? he clearly violated the rule of having to live in alberta to own sheep allocations. the judge saw through it and awarded the american what he purchased. im just wondering why lenz wasnt charged with fraud once the details became clear?

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=137715&highlight=chad+lenz+court+case+sheep+outfitter

7mmremmag
12-28-2012, 03:12 PM
I have dealt with wayne witzaney personally. Top notch guy, very small area to hunt compared to Hog Wild. But he is a great guy.
PM me for info and his number

CNP
12-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi mightybuck, just wondering, have you ever done a hunt with Hog Wild? If so, was it a good/ satisfactory experience? Forest techer, I guess I never thought of going the Sask route, the North Battleford area would be fairly intriguing to me, its not far from where I'm from actually. Would AB residents be able to hunt for them in Sask though?

You are talking game farms right? "Hunting" on a game farm is not regulated by F&W.

Northstar197
12-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Yeah, true enough ehntr, that makes sense.

waterninja
12-28-2012, 04:49 PM
not critizising someone who wants to hunt on one of these hog farms but much as i would like to shoot a wild boar it just doesen't seem the same shooting one in an enclosed area. it does sound like fun though.

Ultimate Predator
12-28-2012, 05:00 PM
4 of us went last year fun weekend of chasing hogs around got 2 outa 4 people nice set up great weekend out with the boyz eatin steaks n drinkin a few beer at night bs in tough animal a bit pricey but what the hell good way to break up the winter and if you dont get one you can go back untill you do

schleprock
12-28-2012, 11:48 PM
Feral hogs are very elusive and nocturnal. A few years ago I was given permission to hunt on a 1440 acre farm by a farmer. He even showed me where the wild boars were rooting in the fields and showed me some of their travel routes. After driving a couple of thousand kilometers and putting in at least a hundred hours glassing fields, I finally shot a sow while three of us were pushing bush that fall. The following spring I had one of my friends fly me around for half a day and we saw a total of zero hogs. Shooting a hog in the wild is not an easy accomplishment. It is more of being in the right place at the right time. With the chances for success being extremely low for most people to ever shoot a true wild one, I can't knock a hunt farm where a person can have the experience of actually shooting one and getting it out of their system.