PDA

View Full Version : Wmu 346 moose?

SouthABFlyFisher
12-28-2012, 11:07 AM
I was just curious on what people's impression/experience is on moose in the bow and/or early rifle season? I should be up for a tag, and I plan on scouting areas out further in spring bear season. Any help/input/photos would be greatly appreciated. :)

Big Grey Wolf
12-28-2012, 11:24 AM
WMU 346 was an excellent zone in the past and hunted it extensively for both moose and elk for about 30 years. It has always had many hunters and tags issued and along with the preditors ( wolf, black/grizzly bears, cougar and Canadians) has been harvested heavily. It is still possible for moose with elk mainly around farm areas now. Also much timber has been harvested. If you scout and hunt hard should still bag a moose in calling season.

Dacotensis
12-28-2012, 08:30 PM
I've hunted it every year for over 10 years, always the same two sections.
I have seen lots of cows and calves, sometimes twins. I have only ever seen one bull.
Go figure.
They have to be around with all the calves I'm seeing.
I had one making a heck of a racket off in the bush last year. Every step it took it grunted. I'm sure I could have called him in, but I ws after elk.
I need to figure out how to get these pictures from my camera onto the forum. I have a few nice pics I could share.