PDA

View Full Version : PCR spot

Flieguy
12-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Has anyone ever tried right off the dam at PCR? specifically where the southwestern cove meets the dam?

Thinking of giving it a try tomorrow

TROLLER
12-29-2012, 04:24 PM
has anyone ever tried right off the dam at pcr? Specifically where the southwestern cove meets the dam?

Thinking of giving it a try tomorrow

yup:)

jts1
12-29-2012, 04:34 PM
yes have fished it in the summer but never hard water. Let us know how you make out. Good luck

Mutter87
12-29-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm going to PCR after the fights tonight. Yummy Burb's beware.

slingshotz
12-29-2012, 05:10 PM
That's were we fished last week and it was very slow. Saw a couple of walleyes on the camera that were completely uninterested in anything which is wierd in PCR.

Caught two burbs and one little pike during the day. Didn't stay for the night.

Don K
12-29-2012, 06:05 PM
Just left. 5 burbs and 2 pike.
Walleye not even giving the bait a 2nd look...

Mutter87
12-29-2012, 07:22 PM
How deep do you go for Burbot?

WayneChristie
12-29-2012, 08:51 PM
bang a jig on the bottom .

Mutter87
12-29-2012, 09:31 PM
bang a jig on the bottom .

Ya, that's the plan. I figure 20 or so feet deep? Or should I go deeper.

goldscud
12-29-2012, 11:14 PM
If you don't find them deep...go shallow. We had a pretty good night this evening.

Mutter87
12-30-2012, 05:37 AM
We caught 1 dinky one. Fished in 35 ft of eater. Then 15-16 ft of water. Did even read any on the flasher.

Fishingaddict
12-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Where is a good spot to catch some pike/burbot going out tomorrow and have never caught a burbot so want to try, i assuming just a glow jig and minnow or what works on the pike and burbot?

deepfried
12-31-2012, 03:54 PM
Where is a good spot to catch some pike/burbot going out tomorrow and have never caught a burbot so want to try, i assuming just a glow jig and minnow or what works on the pike and burbot?
:sign0176:

Fishingaddict
12-31-2012, 04:02 PM
:sign0176:
What?

Jbone
12-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Fishingaddict... Glow jig and minnow, smelt and herring. Now get out and get em wet already :kick: You gotta just start trying stuff guy, you ask about this place daily.

deepfried
12-31-2012, 04:12 PM
What?

Get out there! Don't get me wrong I'm glad your a young kid wanting to fish but you ask every question about 200 times and then like your earlier chain lakes thread you don't listen to a word told to you. You almost seem like you want some to drive you out, drill your hole, get your rod ready, bait it, get it down hole, jig it, reel the fish in, take it off hook, take down, drive you home and wipe your bottom. Like a lot of us on here ask the simple questions like what to use, and just get out there and try and figure it out for yourself! That's half the fun, and why it's called fishing and not catching. I spent 5 hours on pcr last night till 3am without a bite.. But had fun anyways!

Fishingaddict
12-31-2012, 04:29 PM
Get out there! Don't get me wrong I'm glad your a young kid wanting to fish but you ask every question about 200 times and then like your earlier chain lakes thread you don't listen to a word told to you. You almost seem like you want some to drive you out, drill your hole, get your rod ready, bait it, get it down hole, jig it, reel the fish in, take it off hook, take down, drive you home and wipe your bottom. Like a lot of us on here ask the simple questions like what to use, and just get out there and try and figure it out for yourself! That's half the fun, and why it's called fishing and not catching. I spent 5 hours on pcr last night till 3am without a bite.. But had fun anyways!
I am not asking anyone to take me by the hand and do it all for me thats not what i am about, and yesterday i spent 4 and a half hours at chain without a bite because i took maggots and dew worms out because i used the search function and it said the fish had no interest in velveeta or any of that other stuff but i still had fun because i was out in the fresh air fishing so i now how it feels to be skunked because when i fish both in the summer spin casting and fly fishing as well in winter 3/4 of the time i get nothing.

goldscud
12-31-2012, 04:30 PM
We got lots the other night....they are still in there. Don't be afraid to move around.

huntsfurfish
12-31-2012, 04:57 PM
Fishingaddict.

Always bring a variety of bait.

For trout: velveeta, worms, maggots, shrimp, power bait, salmon eggs etc.

For walleye: spottails(different sizes as well.), power bait, baits that work for pike.

For Pike: spottail shiners, smelt, anchovies, suckers, herring.

A little mix of size is important too.

Then move around till you find fish.

Try fishing the flats, breaks and points as well as bays.

Search. You will find them.

Good luck.

PS, moving around may only be 10 feet away.:) And think of it as a challenge(hunt them). Many seem to want it to easy:)