PDA

View Full Version : Lac St.Anne Dec 30

edsonfisherman
12-29-2012, 04:08 PM
Will be heading out to Lac St.Anne on Dec 30 in the morning to hopefully fill my walleye tags and catch anything else. If anyone would like to join me they more than welcome to.

jaystev
12-29-2012, 04:30 PM
would there be burbs where you are fishing? i was going to go to wab tomorrow, but ive never fished lac stanne and wouldnt mind trying somewhere new. a friend of mine caught a 25lb pike there last summer.

edsonfisherman
12-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Might be in the area, I know there are some big pike there.

coyotezh
12-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Might be in the area, I know there are some big pike there.

I will be there tomorrow. where to find you?

edsonfisherman
12-29-2012, 06:48 PM
I will be the one in the big blue clam 1550 popup shelter by castle island (What some call gull island) fishing the dropoff infront and the sunken hump. Its the Island with the causeway by the boatlaunch in town.

fishtank
12-29-2012, 10:00 PM
i be there around 9am me and a buddy are going there first time this year, we don`t have auger( my jiffy won`t start, i did`nt empty out the gas before putting in storage:( ) if you see a guy in black bibs guy asking to borrow a hand auger that be us:sHa_sarcasticlol:

edsonfisherman
12-29-2012, 10:44 PM
Don't worry I will be bringing my new Frabril 43cc 10" powerauger and extra fuel to cut lots of holes for everyone who needs a hand.
I will probily be there around 8-8:30am

waterninja
12-30-2012, 05:19 AM
was at lac st anne on sat the 29 and had a great day. ther was not much action near the launch where the ice shacks are but we quadded it along the skidoo "highway" over by the beaver lodge and caught lots. mostly pike (9) but also 5 wallies that were to large for my class c tags.

-JR-
12-30-2012, 06:02 AM
Come-on Waterninija :thinking-017:
When fishing is good ,the lake is called lake X

edsonfisherman
12-30-2012, 07:11 AM
was at lac st anne on sat the 29 and had a great day. ther was not much action near the launch where the ice shacks are but we quadded it along the skidoo "highway" over by the beaver lodge and caught lots. mostly pike (9) but also 5 wallies that were to large for my class c tags.

Thanx Waterninja, Good for you filling your tags. Been to that spot in the summer fishing the sunkin hump thats nearby. Glad to hear that they are out there.

My tags might be a little harder to fill 3 (43cm-50cm), if I remember class C is under 43cm?

-JR-
12-30-2012, 08:54 AM
Mostly all the walleye we caught were over 43cm

edsonfisherman
12-30-2012, 07:12 PM
Well went out and met Klondike, and fished castle island, but didn't catch anything. Had a hookup with something BIG that broke my 20lb braid. We had a good time and even did some geocaching on the island. Lots of floodice on the one side of the island. Thanx Klondike for coming out with me, had a great time. Next time I will be fishing the west side of the lake were waterninja was and hompefully finally fill my tags.

coyotezh
12-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Well went out and met Klondike, and fished castle island, but didn't catch anything. Had a hookup with something BIG that broke my 20lb braid. We had a good time and even did some geocaching on the island. Lots of floodice on the one side of the island. Thanx Klondike for coming out with me, had a great time. Next time I will be fishing the west side of the lake were waterninja was and hompefully finally fill my tags.

I went there and tried very hard to search for your tent, until I was told that the castle island is not accessible for people not living on the island. I gave up and fished the main boat launch. lots of people including many kids but No one caught nothing there.

How did you get access over the castle island area? I used my binocular, there was no tent I could find over there.

edsonfisherman
12-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Klondike gave me a ride behind his quad on his jetsled. Fished the boatlaunch for awhile till Klondike showed up and fished the back side of the island. People not living on the island?, I think you were fishing the other side of the lake, Castle island is the one by the boat launch with the causeway going to it.

coyotezh
12-30-2012, 07:58 PM
Klondike gave me a ride behind his quad on his jetsled. Fished the boatlaunch for awhile till Klondike showed up and fished the back side of the island.

oh, I saw there were two people on a quad flying on the lake, not know if that's you..........you didn't set up your tent, did you? I did saw two or more people fished at the remote distance.....but that's the only ones I found not fishing at the main boat launch. how thick is the ice at the area you were fishing.....

edsonfisherman
12-30-2012, 08:15 PM
oh, I saw there were two people on a quad flying on the lake, not know if that's you..........you didn't set up your tent, did you? I did saw two or more people fished at the remote distance.....but that's the only ones I found not fishing at the main boat launch. how thick is the ice at the area you were fishing.....

Yep that would have been us, punched a couple of holes to see if anything would bite and didn't get a chance to setup the tent. The ice was 10" thick but quite abit of flood ice, was told after by a local that there are lots of springs in that area.