PDA

View Full Version : Pierre Grey's lower lake 29/12/2012

averagejoe
12-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Well, me and my Dad went out fishing to the lower lake near the boat launch by the lake with the bridge to the island. We figured it was a nice day to test the new fishing tent and powered ice auger. No more manual hole drilling for me. :sHa_shakeshout:

The ice was an average of 11" thick 50-75 yards from shore but it was covered in ~1/2" of slush under the snow?

All we caught were smaller fish in the 6"-8" range.

There was also a family out and had a bunch of snowmobiles on the lake. There is a big sign saying that they are not allowed but the person said "F&W officer so and so said they are allowed on the lake but not the trails so we are allowed" So we had to listen to them ripping up and down the lake all day. Will be phoning the Forestry office on Monday to find out what is what.

huntin'fool
12-29-2012, 07:32 PM
It's true, they're allowed on the lake itself, but not on the land in the park. It can be really annoying if the people operating are irresponsible (but that goes for any lake - Prov park or not).
Had two young kids ripping around our tents today on a Provincial Park Lake. I don't mind seeing guys lug their equipment out to their spots to fish with snowmachines or quads - who cares. But same thing as always, just a few to wreck it for the rest of us.
I have nothing against snowmachines and their owners. I own one and head to the hills and have as much fun as the next guy. It just annoys the hell outta me when they feel the need to show off and continue buzzing by your tent at under 10 yards away...as if the lake isn't big enough. :mad0100: