PDA

View Full Version : Wind jigging tip up

hunted
12-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Went ice fishing yesterday with an old friend. Needless to say he kicked my $#%¥ . But it was only with his 1 tip up. Our group had 6 tip ups set up but the only one to get 3 bites and land 2 fish was an old home made turkey neck tip up. Square tubing feet and a long banding strap for the line. It moved in the wind just perfect. He also said for calmer days he can attach a pie plate to the end to get more action. Has always been his best tip up. I have one windlass one the works ok some days but has anyone ever used one of these? Or know of a manufacturer?

http://windjigging.com/

Looks pretty good

Mutter87
12-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Definatly a great tool to use on fish that want lively bait. I think Wayne christie built one that worked pretty well.

WayneChristie
12-29-2012, 08:46 PM
built a few, used the wide banding from heavy pipe loads. havent used them yet this year, hardly been any wind on the lakes for some reason. caught 3 of my 4 fish today with the bait just laying still on the bottom so they might be put away for a while yet

Cal
12-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Had good luck with the HT ones. I've made a few and they work just as well but they never end up very portable. I like my stuff to all fit in a pail or two rather than end up scattered around the box of my truck so I just use the HT's.