PDA

View Full Version : Need a place to by a prop....

floppychicken
06-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Any suggestions as to where I might buy a Aluminium 3 blade in or around Calgary ? Like a '****', I chewed my last one up pretty good at CV and now I need to find another for my 1990 Mariner "Magnum" 40 HP ETLS

Not too good with boat parts but I would assume its a basic prop. Feel free to correct me should I be wrong....

Size:
11.25 or 11.50 with 11 to 13 pitch (13 spline I believe...)

Cheers,

/FC

Winch101
06-05-2008, 06:11 AM
I have a brand new 10.75 x 12pitch 13 spline

never used , merc prop $ 20.00 bucks ...in calgary

keep the chewed up one for CV , last time out found

two rock piles didnt know about ...thought we had them all ..

colinlx
06-05-2008, 12:06 PM
I just bought a prop for my merc at Homestead RV in Calgary, cheapest place i found in the city. I think they deal mostly with outboards.

floppychicken
06-05-2008, 10:09 PM
I have a brand new 10.75 x 12pitch 13 spline

never used , merc prop $ 20.00 bucks ...in calgary

keep the chewed up one for CV , last time out found

two rock piles didnt know about ...thought we had them all ..

Thank-You Sir,

You are a Gentleman and a Scholar ! That was no doubt a great deal on the prop and it fits 'beautifully'. Looking forward to giving it a try tomorrow, if the weather co-operates ! If not, perhaps on the weekend. I'll let ya know how it goes ! It was a pleasure meeting ya !

/FC

floppychicken
06-05-2008, 10:26 PM
I just bought a prop for my merc at Homestead RV in Calgary, cheapest place i found in the city. I think they deal mostly with outboards.

Hey Thanks for the tip !

:) I phoned and spoke with the guy that deals with the props at Homestead RV and he had a fair number of them 'in stock'. I've put one on hold (different pitch and size, relative to the one I picked up just today..) and he was really easy to deal with. A nice experience compared to a few days ago.

Last week, I spoke with another guy here in town and he was a 'complete Arse-Hole ! :mad3: What a freakin' dick. I don't know how, nor why people have to be like that... Especially at a place of business.

Anyhow, thanks again !

/FC