PDA

View Full Version : Gull lake overnight shack

Thundercatcher
12-29-2012, 09:58 PM
Have anyone stay on the overnight Shack on Gull lake. I will be next week. Does anyone know good direction to Brownlows?

yoteblaster
12-29-2012, 10:11 PM
Take highway 12 west of Lacombe(exit 422) about 8 miles. Look for sign on right. Drive approx 1 mile to T intersection. Proceed straight through intersection onto ice. I have been fishing within a couple hundred yards of those rental shacks. Hope you have better luck than me!

Thundercatcher
12-29-2012, 10:41 PM
I'm from Spruce Grove, I going on the QE 2

jkind
12-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Those are the directions from QE2.

Blasterfan
12-29-2012, 10:49 PM
What's the info for renting one? How much do they run?

Thundercatcher
12-29-2012, 10:51 PM
lol, ok, Im hopeless with direction, anyone know the co-ordinates? lol

truckon
12-30-2012, 01:37 AM
What's the info for renting one? How much do they run?

Check website Adventure icefishing.

Rabdo
12-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Its a good setup, youll enjoy it. I went last year, going again new years eve

latenite
12-30-2012, 06:37 PM
send me a p.m. and i will forward you the website. the owner is Jared and he's a friend of mine. i was out there yesterday and he said they're booking up fast so i would hurry. the overnighters are sweet, as well as the daytripers as well.
cheers!

Thundercatcher
12-30-2012, 08:42 PM
cool! What are the overnight ones heated with? and is it safe? lol

Thundercatcher
01-03-2013, 11:03 PM
It was a good experience. WE had a lot of fun! No luck fishing but I will go again next year.

hairycanary
01-14-2013, 10:18 AM
We are heading there this weekend.Could you tell me what we would need to bring besides food and liquor.Did they supply lots of bait and what kind?What about tackle,fish TV,coffee pot,lawn chairs?

Thanks

Rabdo
01-14-2013, 11:58 AM
take your own sleeping bags, won't need it though if you're on top bunk. hot hot hot
they supply smelts, and everything else you ask about.
i brought my own tackle anyway

hairycanary
01-14-2013, 01:02 PM
thanks

latenite
01-14-2013, 05:01 PM
this is copied from the website. it's what's included with overnight shacks. keep the booze hidden, as open liquor is ticketed if fish cops show up. i use a thermal mug and bag the cans right away.
"Overnighter Rentals Include:
Everything you need to have a comfortable fishing trip including rod, gear, bait, holes drilled inside and out, ice scoop, tip ups, propane furnace, propane stove and light, barbeque, dishes, utensils, pots and pans, bunk beds, table and chairs."

have fun, might see you out there as i fish just east of those shacks, dark grey silverado, black and yellow HT popup.

nightcrawler
01-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Open liquor is only ticketed if you are not spending the night, and are not in or near the shack. Same rules as camping. If you are overnighting, in a private lodging( tent, shack, etc) they can not ticket you. If you are daytripping, they can.... I had the c.o. explain it to me on Slave lake a couple of winters ago. Asked to look in my cooler, saw the beer in my hand, and asked if we were "camping" overnight in the ice shack. We were, no ticket

Thundercatcher
01-14-2013, 10:18 PM
They only gave a one bag of smelts. So you might want to bring extra, and they dont suppy maggots for the perch. I would bring your own lures, they dont suppy many.

Open liquor is only ticketed if you are not spending the night, and are not in or near the shack. Same rules as camping. If you are overnighting, in a private lodging( tent, shack, etc) they can not ticket you. If you are daytripping, they can.... I had the c.o. explain it to me on Slave lake a couple of winters ago. Asked to look in my cooler, saw the beer in my hand, and asked if we were "camping" overnight in the ice shack. We were, no ticket

latenite
01-15-2013, 07:20 PM

I stand corrected, thanks for the info! Good to know.