PDA

View Full Version : Utikama night fish

BuckHunterBowen
12-30-2012, 12:45 AM
We are at Utikama right now camping wondering if anyone has tried night fishin it for burbs. We will try tomorrow night and post back our results

Cal
12-30-2012, 05:30 AM
The walleye hit good after dark on that lake when all the hammer handle jacks call it a day. Most of the better walleye catches I've gotten out of that lake happened around dusk or shortly after dark. During the day I typicaly pull up pike after pike untill I'm not sure a walleye could survive down there.

Shmag
12-30-2012, 05:30 AM
You're either kidding or there isnt a shortage of booze at your camp....go night fishin for walleye man !!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

BuckHunterBowen
12-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Not much of a walleye fisherman and I havent fished this lake much. We are gonna give it a whirl thou. What's a good depth to start at?

zaffer
12-30-2012, 12:11 PM
can a guy get around on the lake with a pick-up?

dfrobert
12-30-2012, 01:40 PM
There was quads, sleds, and trucks on it yesterday.
I would not take my pickup on that lake right now.

In spots: 12 inches snow, 2inches soft ice, 6 inches flood water, then maybe 12inches tops of good solid ice. We had trouble with a quad.
In short the ice is brutal at Utikuma.

firegod74
12-30-2012, 02:07 PM
I was just at the shore at km86. The guys I talked to walked out. A truck did go out towards the island, but he struggled all the way. I think parking and and going out with a quad or sled is still the best bet. They said the ice wasnt very good either.

Richmuiz
12-30-2012, 03:07 PM
How deep are the burbot when fishing at night.anyone??

BuckHunterBowen
12-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Most everyone drove out in trucks. Was slow today caught a few walleye at 4 45

Cal
12-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Most everyone drove out in trucks. Was slow today caught a few walleye at 4 45

Yep, that started exactly two days ago, you wont catch me on there in a truck for another week or two.

Shmag
12-30-2012, 09:38 PM
I remember back in the days when burbs were not a game fish. There were piles and piles of burbs 3ft high all over the bay at km 86.

I have not been catching much for burbs out of there in the last couple yrs, so i cant really help you out...

albertadeer
12-30-2012, 10:32 PM
I remember back in the days when burbs were not a game fish. There were piles and piles of burbs 3ft high all over the bay at km 86.

I have not been catching much for burbs out of there in the last couple yrs, so i cant really help you out...

I remember driving onto the lake as a kid and seeing what must of been 50+ wolves and coyotes eating at the piles of burbs...Some giant dead burbots in those piles.

BuckHunterBowen
12-30-2012, 10:41 PM
So far we've had one bite

pikeslayer22
12-31-2012, 08:14 AM
So far we've had one bite
Have you caught any Walleye?

BuckHunterBowen
12-31-2012, 12:49 PM
Yeah a couPle. Catchin more pike thou.

pikeslayer22
12-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Oh..where U fishin out by the island? Quads or sleds or driving pickups on? Good luck with burbs by the way

quiteeye
12-31-2012, 01:58 PM
To the beautys who deem it's appropriate to move an Ice fishing hut. Back to a kindergarden lesson I learned, if it isn't yours, don't touch it. If you didn't go to Kindergarden, maybe you skipped that grade you smart SOB. Your parents did a horrible job raising you as a human being and I feel terrible for the acquaintances of your offspring.

BuckHunterBowen
12-31-2012, 02:18 PM
^ yeah someone moved our shack this morning and fished our holes then told us it was a big lake hinting we should move.

Cal
12-31-2012, 03:08 PM
^ yeah someone moved our shack this morning and fished our holes then told us it was a big lake hinting we should move.

Yeah I've met some real SOB's out there. On thursday I almost got my ass kicked for nicely asking a guy to take his trash off with him. He was pulling a sled full of gear, a couple popcans and his bait containers would not have made his load one bit more inconvienient. I on the other hand had my gear shoved in my pockets so it would have been tough for me to pack his trash back to my truck.

My response was "You can kick my ass but it will only prove me right, so what do you want to do? Prove me right or pick up your trash like an adult?" Apparently he posesed enough logic to not argue with mine.

Shmag
12-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Yeah I've met some real SOB's out there. On thursday I almost got my ass kicked for nicely asking a guy to take his trash off with him. He was pulling a sled full of gear, a couple popcans and his bait containers would not have made his load one bit more inconvienient. I on the other hand had my gear shoved in my pockets so it would have been tough for me to pack his trash back to my truck.

My response was "You can kick my ass but it will only prove me right, so what do you want to do? Prove me right or pick up your trash like an adult?" Apparently he posesed enough logic to not argue with mine.

Its a sad sad day when an adult has to be told to clean up after himself. No respect !!!

BuckHunterBowen
12-31-2012, 10:25 PM
Nothing this evening. See what tomorrow brings.

Chris5672
12-31-2012, 11:10 PM
Are u guys driving on the lake ? When we were up there last year we done really well just north of the island close to the weeds in 6 fow

BuckHunterBowen
12-31-2012, 11:18 PM
We are driving but not very anxious to bust new trail over there. Had a sled but she started leakin coolant first day. Not much exploring gonna get done

topgun
12-31-2012, 11:35 PM
You guys really having trouble there? With locals? Not sure what I'd do if somebody moved my shack to fish my holes. That's Effin rude!

BuckHunterBowen
12-31-2012, 11:53 PM
Not local like Indian local if that's what you mean.

topgun
01-01-2013, 11:33 AM
I am still in disbelief some guys would move another anglers set up!!! How's the fishing today? I'm headin up we'd afternoon or thurs to try it

BuckHunterBowen
01-01-2013, 12:24 PM
We caught tWo fish this morning. Both at first light

linger
01-01-2013, 01:25 PM
it is a shame there has to be jerks on lakes was out at nak last week fishes a ways east of the boat launch couple of guys parked about 10 feet from my truck all i said was could you please give me a little space and all i got was it;s a free lake we can park where ever we want. sheesh lot af good die hards like most of us on the form hear then you get your weekend fisherman on here who don't know much lol:argue2:

chriscosta
01-01-2013, 02:17 PM
My dogs nice but very wary of strangers if I want him to be so he can filter the jerks out. I don't mind a person gettin close if he's or they are good company but for the jerks my dogs chain length is as much space as I need lol just gotta tell him to WATCH