PDA

View Full Version : Lakes you want to fish but haven't

BeeGuy
12-30-2012, 01:05 PM
What's the top lakes you want to fish but haven't?

Mine would be the Oldman Reservoir and Abraham Lake.

fish gunner
12-30-2012, 01:16 PM
What's the top lakes you want to fish but haven't?

Mine would be the Oldman Reservoir and Abraham Lake.

Here at home Waterton lake and minnawanka. If money was no option taupo in NZ and a little gem I found on the Austrian German border don't even know it's name.

JohnnyD
12-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Id really like to make a trip to Tobin lake, in hopes of break the 10 lbs mark on a walleye

BGSH
12-30-2012, 01:32 PM
Bistcho Lake is a large lake in north western Alberta, Canada. Bistcho Lake has a total area of 413 kmē, and lies at an elevation of 552 m. It is the third largest lake in Alberta

Albertafisher
12-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Athabasca, Gordon, Ghost Res and Great Slave. There are others, but I don't want to say ;)

DiabeticKripple
12-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Athabasca, Gordon, Ghost Res and Great Slave. There are others, but I don't want to say ;)

why ghost res? its named ghost for a reason.....

i wanna do tobin, wab, and newell

BeeGuy
12-30-2012, 01:58 PM
why ghost res? its named ghost for a reason.....

i wanna do tobin, wab, and newell

Maybe he is up for a challenge?

Alberta Bigbore
12-30-2012, 02:00 PM
Molson Lake.... east of here...lol way east... havent been for so long... ooops cant read the title. Been there but not for such a looooong time. must ...go ...back....slay!!!!!

Bigdad013
12-30-2012, 02:04 PM
I would really like to try Lake X, seems to be good fishing their. Actually maybe not, seems everyone that reports from their has so much to hide, so don't wan to hang out with them. I would like to try arrow lakes and Kootenay Lake

Marlin07
12-30-2012, 02:13 PM
Lake X, haha. For me it's great Slave. Lakers and Pike would be great!

snortwheez
12-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Not a lake but a River.........
Doubs River in France for Wels Catfish

Rybinskoye reservoir in Russia for giant perch and zander

Walleyes
12-30-2012, 02:27 PM
Minnewanka for lakers and Kootenay for Gerards.. Don't know why I never hit Minnewanka while we were down in the Hat,, to easy I geuss but I will make it out there,, and Kootenay maybe this spring if not next for sure,, want to turn that into an annual trip every spring..

Richard B.
12-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Keho Lake - Badger Lake for big pike

Walleyes
12-30-2012, 02:54 PM
Keho Lake - Badger Lake for big pike

Trust me,,Badger is not even close to what it used to be.. I never saw the glory days but worked with and fished with lots of boys that did. I put in more than a few days there myself and they can have it,, not even close to what they say it was.. Another lake that fell to the power of the internet...

Wild&Free
12-30-2012, 03:34 PM
Bistcho Lake is a large lake in north western Alberta, Canada. Bistcho Lake has a total area of 413 kmē, and lies at an elevation of 552 m. It is the third largest lake in Alberta

Great place to go. I've gone up for the past 2 years and it's a great fishery...

For me, I'd like to fish Great Bear Lake, world record lake trout and inconnu. There's also Lac Manicouagan in Que. I'd like to try, only because it's a big ring, Tanou in NZ would also be right up there, and that lake on the German/Austrian border the other guy mentioned would be cool too.

Albertafisher
12-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Great place to go. I've gone up for the past 2 years and it's a great fishery...

For me, I'd like to fish Great Bear Lake, world record lake trout and inconnu. There's also Lac Manicouagan in Que. I'd like to try, only because it's a big ring, Tanou in NZ would also be right up there, and that lake on the German/Austrian border the other guy mentioned would be cool too.

That's what I like to hear!

The Fisherman Guy
12-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Bearspaw Reservoir.

Lakers and browns through the ice, would be a dream come true.

Walleyes
12-30-2012, 04:02 PM
If anyone is after big Pike,, I mean big Pike,, Thurston Lake, north of Bistcho.. I was up there pushing on Precision# 125 about 12 years back, we were drilling for Pan Can. We were going in straight west of Indian Cabins, our camp was just meters from the BC border and we were about 10 miles from Thurston. The wellsite super at the time was a big time outdoorsman and fisherman. Instead of the usual junk being brought into us by services we would get them to bring us in Smelts. We would sneak off to Thurston in the warm afternoons. We would be maybe 3 - 400 yrds off shore and still in only 4' - 5' of water and that water was the color of coffee. But man I tell you guys you have never seen Pike like that. I kid you not a 15# fish was small. We went out one afternoon and we brought back only 2 but not one would have been under 20# well over I would say,, Pike like 6 x 6 timbers,, I shat you not. It was nuts.. In an afternoon it was nothing to catch and release a 1/2 dozen Pike in the 20# range..

I always said I would love to try it in the summer,, could you emagine pulling some top waters around there,, what a blast. Some of the boys out of High Level flew in there over the years, they said the Walleye fishing can be pretty wild as well in the deeper holes.

Someday I'll make it back..

Bigdad013
12-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Bearspaw Reservoir.

Lakers and browns through the ice, would be a dream come true.

That would be a dream. You know a secret about that lake? Tried it many times with very little success.

Monster Pike Man
12-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Bay of Quinte for monster walleye.

GregT
12-30-2012, 05:31 PM
ive always wanted to do a fly-in trip up to the NWT....someday

snortwheez
12-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Bay of Quinte for monster walleye.
Not that far from me, and I have seen eyes pushing 16 lbs come up through holes there..

Scott N
12-30-2012, 05:37 PM
The next lake on my "To do list" is Rainy Ridge Lake in the West Castle area. I've caught Golden Trout on Barnaby Ridge, but I would also like to try for them at Rainy Ridge.

Monster Pike Man
12-30-2012, 05:59 PM
Not that far from me, and I have seen eyes pushing 16 lbs come up through holes there..

The walleye in the bay of Quinte are insane. If u don't catch 5 walleye over 10lbs in a day then something is wrong. Monster hogs in there.

waterninja
12-30-2012, 06:25 PM
i always wanted to fish moose lake by mt. robson. driven by it a hundred times but haven't done it yet. this year i will.

topgun
12-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Nipisi.

pickrel pat
12-30-2012, 06:30 PM
What walleyes said about thurston is very true. Its the place to go. Havnt been there in awhile.

WayneChristie
12-30-2012, 06:42 PM
too many lakes around me to make up my mind, all with big fish, Id rather fish the river in open water, big pike,, big sturgeon and big walleyes, going to aim for a 20 pound eye next fall. would like to cross Inconnu off my list, still need a lake with a grayling to cross it off too. managed to cross Cisco and Sauger off the list this year. On the ice, I dont know, like I said too many choices. Maybe a big laker would be nice for a change.

BeeGuy
12-30-2012, 08:45 PM
too many lakes around me to make up my mind, all with big fish, Id rather fish the river in open water, big pike,, big sturgeon and big walleyes, going to aim for a 20 pound eye next fall. would like to cross Inconnu off my list, still need a lake with a grayling to cross it off too. managed to cross Cisco and Sauger off the list this year. On the ice, I dont know, like I said too many choices. Maybe a big laker would be nice for a change.

Where did you get the cisco?

YeeHaw
12-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Lake of the Woods for shure. Bass, walleye, muskie, pike. Going to ice Tobin lake in January, so that one is crossed off.

Gust
12-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Trust me,,Badger is not even close to what it used to be.. I never saw the glory days but worked with and fished with lots of boys that did. I put in more than a few days there myself and they can have it,, not even close to what they say it was.. Another lake that fell to the power of the internet...

It was an article on flyfishing for pike in an older media type (no pun intended).
A national fishing magazine. My dad was an original fisher of badger and his stories keep us going back, the first time I fished with him there while visiting him from another province, we caught two 42" back to back followed by a 40" and half a dozen 36",, quite fun.
To the op, great bear lake with pa.

NEWB
12-30-2012, 10:16 PM
For me it's Lesser Slave Lake and Cold lake.

I'll be doing weekend camping trips to both during the summer.

dale7637
12-30-2012, 11:02 PM
If anyone is after big Pike,, I mean big Pike,, Thurston Lake, north of Bistcho.. I was up there pushing on Precision# 125 about 12 years back, we were drilling for Pan Can. We were going in straight west of Indian Cabins, our camp was just meters from the BC border and we were about 10 miles from Thurston. The wellsite super at the time was a big time outdoorsman and fisherman. Instead of the usual junk being brought into us by services we would get them to bring us in Smelts. We would sneak off to Thurston in the warm afternoons. We would be maybe 3 - 400 yrds off shore and still in only 4' - 5' of water and that water was the color of coffee. But man I tell you guys you have never seen Pike like that. I kid you not a 15# fish was small. We went out one afternoon and we brought back only 2 but not one would have been under 20# well over I would say,, Pike like 6 x 6 timbers,, I shat you not. It was nuts.. In an afternoon it was nothing to catch and release a 1/2 dozen Pike in the 20# range..

I always said I would love to try it in the summer,, could you emagine pulling some top waters around there,, what a blast. Some of the boys out of High Level flew in there over the years, they said the Walleye fishing can be pretty wild as well in the deeper holes.

We do thurston a few times each year, both summer and winter. It is the cats *****. Between Johnson, thurston and bistcho I have been ruined for pike an walleye fishing anywhere else.

ak-71
12-30-2012, 11:05 PM
For me it's Lesser Slave Lake and Cold lake.

I'll be doing weekend camping trips to both during the summer.

x2
Only I'm going to hit one of them before the winter ends

muskokagould
12-30-2012, 11:41 PM
saw this thread about 4 hours ago, haven't stopped planning next two trips, big cutts and some golden in the summer. GF is loosing her mind watching me go through all sorts of videos and info. :sHa_shakeshout:

would love to fish Lake athabaska this summer.

Ken07AOVette
12-31-2012, 12:11 AM
Winifred

Athabasca

Diefenbaker

Simcoe

Primrose

Bhflyfisher
12-31-2012, 12:15 AM
Couple of lakes across the sask border.... are what are on my hit list right now. I've fished great slave personally, and its something different. A 15 minute ride from yellowknife to practically any weed bed, will put you on SO many fish. Caught so many 30-35" biggest pike topped out at 40" but had one that was probably close to 45" or more snap at the flies.

But some saskatchewan area lakes are on my radar at the moment....

kingshow
12-31-2012, 01:54 AM
I have always wanted to fish NWT , Great slave, and Bear Lakes, would love to catch arctic grayling, but would really like to find the time and an expert to get me into fly fishing and learn to fish one of the many rivers here in Alberta. Growing up fishing erie, Ontario , nippising, woods, anne,simcoe has really spoiled me as a kid but nippising is always my favorite, you can go into the west arm and get lost in the many islands and bays and never see another boat, just perfect nature. But to answer honestly it would be anywhere with my grandfather.

chriscosta
12-31-2012, 02:23 AM

YES MAN THIS IS WHERE ITS AT !!!!!!!!!! i cannot believe the pike in there an old buddy of mine albert(since past) had a fish he brought from there he swears was 43 pounds it was mounted i saw it man it was bigger than anything i seen first hand and pics in his album of many more monsters well over 20 i never seen the scale personally but he was no liar and the perch and walleye omfg huge thats all i can say this lake must be one of the best here when he died the tax man took everything:thinking-006:hmmm wonder what ever happened to his mounted fish . either way thurston first then bistcho and great slave lake i got some visitors at my place from cambridge bay nanavut and apparently the lakers are enormous and very plentiful id like to try there too

B_Type13X2
12-31-2012, 03:07 AM
Winifred

Athabasca

Diefenbaker

Simcoe

Primrose

Wanna hit those 2 myself.

JohninAB
12-31-2012, 06:18 AM
Tobin in the fall.

Windermere

Athabasca

pickrel pat
12-31-2012, 08:21 AM
but he was no liar and the perch and walleye omfg huge thats all i can say

ummmmm perch? didnt think there was any perch west of the peace river except cummins lake by fairview, which were bucket brigaded in there.....

jacenbeers
12-31-2012, 10:14 AM
In Alberta, Abraham Lake and Cold Lake are probably the two lakes I would really love to take a drive out to one day.

Walleyes
12-31-2012, 10:38 AM
In Alberta, Abraham Lake and Cold Lake are probably the two lakes I would really love to take a drive out to one day.

Why Cold Lake,, there is nothing there..

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/BonnyvilleNo87-20120807-00042.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/487207_3527475865181_353466825_n.jpg

Certainly no double headers !!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/FISHING/IMG_0644.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/FISHING/IMG_1025.jpg

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k303/walleyes_2006/FISHING/JordansLaker.jpg

Nope,, nothing there boys stay home lol..

chriscosta
12-31-2012, 05:22 PM
ummmmm perch? didnt think there was any perch west of the peace river except cummins lake by fairview, which were bucket brigaded in there.....idk hard to say he had alotta pics i drooled over i know that pike was thurston for sure it said right on it

chriscosta
12-31-2012, 05:24 PM
hmmm wonder how much a trip to thurston would run a guy and is there anywhere to stay:thinking-006:

Lornce
12-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Any lake, river, stream or trickle of water that I have not fished yet.

bobalong
12-31-2012, 07:56 PM
I still havn't made it down to Newell, maybe this summer.

pickrel pat
01-01-2013, 01:59 AM
hmmm wonder how much a trip to thurston would run a guy and is there anywhere to stay:thinking-006:

nowhere to stay.
winter you can ussually drive there if you know where your going, summer there is a small airstrip. used to be a couple tinners left there and you just brought a motor, this was 20 yeares ago or more.