PDA

View Full Version : Walleye Trail

packhuntr
05-25-2007, 08:46 AM
I found a copy of the Southern Alberta Walleye Trail entry form at a gas station the other day. Myself and a buddy have been talking for a couple years now about going and checking one out, ya know, see what its like to fish one. Looks like it is fairly cost effective fun. Looks like a membership is real cheap @ 10 bucks. But the entries look pretty good. Should be decent turn out for something like this hey. How many boats are competing in this?? Anyone out there fish in these tournaments and have any info?? Is it worth throwing in the cash for all four tournaments for the summer. I would assume yes. Heck, a golf membership at a decent club will run guys over a thousand easy. Any info would be awesome. Thanks, packhuntr.

Walleye Trail
05-25-2007, 01:04 PM
Packhuntr, This is the address to the Walleye Message board, www.gowalleye.com .You will find all the imformation on the tournaments, I fish the trail myself it is a lot of fun and members will help newcomers as much as possible, Good Luck.

sheep hunter
05-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Fishing tournaments is a great experience and an opportunity to learn more than you could in a lifetime of fishing alone. You'll never regret it.

Tournaments
05-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Hey T.J sounds like you might be getting the urge again, when are you coming out of retirement, lots of tournaments out there. As I recall you used to do fairly well on the trail. (Team of the year 1990 wasn't it) ah that seems so long ago........

sheep hunter
05-25-2007, 05:19 PM
It was actually 1991. I loved the years I fished tournaments and do miss them but with so much else going on I just don't have the time. Great place to learn and meet folks though. I highly recommend it!