PDA

View Full Version : Chickakoo Report/NSR question

BigA
06-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Just got home from Chickakoo. Was there for about three hours. Had a lot of nibbles and landed 1 Rainbow. Tried everthing. Spinners, small spoons, marshmellows, powerbait.. People beside me did better. In the time I was there they landed 5 bows. I'm kinda dissapointed. I was looking forward to catching a brookie. Was fishing down the path from the main parking lot. Is there a better place for a person who wants to target Brookies? Better techniques?

Also, was thinking I might try my luck on the NSR soon for some Pike or eyes. Anyone willing to let me in on a good spot to go inside the city?

Thanks All. Good Fishin!!

buckmaster
06-07-2008, 10:43 PM
anywhere in and aruond the city is always good on the river;dawson bridge,goldbar park ,rundle park,devon bridge are just a few of well known spots! good luck!

FisherPotch
06-08-2008, 11:35 AM
Brookies can be hit and miss from my understanding. My GF's brother was out yesterday and he only landed one, his buddy was skunked. Another thing to try would be wet flies under an indicator. You can do this even if you don't fly fish.

wake
06-08-2008, 04:39 PM
I have fished Chickakoo twice in the last couple of weeks and did well for Brookies using a small bronze spoon retrieved rather slow, the fast retrieves dont seem to get much attention.