PDA

View Full Version : Dixon Pond

Bruce Malmstrom
06-08-2008, 12:05 AM
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew where Dixon Pond was and could tell me how to get there from Calgary. Our church is having an informal family fishing derby on June 21st and I was thinking of going to it with my wife and daughter. Also, any tips on what kind of bait/lures to use for fly fishing, or rod and reel would be great. Actually, any tips would be great. Thanks so much and have a fabulous weekend.
Bruce

albertadave
06-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Take hwy 54 west out of Innisfail. At Spruceview turn south at the Co-op, keep going south through the four-way at Dickson. If you stay on the road south from Dickson it kind of curves around and ends up at the pond about 2-3 miles(I think) south of town. Hope this helps. There's probably someone else here that can give better advise than me on the fishing, haven't been there for a few years.

sow wester
06-08-2008, 12:27 PM
it would be a good idea to use a boat of somekind i fished off shore a few times and caught 1 small rainbow but the guys in boats were catchin a few
no gas motors

silverfox
12-28-2008, 02:13 AM
Flies at Dixon (as well as virtually every where else) work great and I use em all through central Alta. When you go through Innisfail to get to Dixon check in with Overlander Outfitters if you need any advise. Its a fly fishing/tying shop & I have found them very helpful over the years. If you are heading west on main street (Innisfail) hang a right at the Legion & there they are. I have even pre-ordered flies from them.