PDA

View Full Version : Campgrounds

waynep
01-08-2013, 07:44 AM
I am looking for some campground suggestions. We are leaning towards the interior of Bc but would consider anywhere that has the requirements , that's where it gets tuff.

Wife and kids requirements
Lake with beach
Power at site sewer if possible
Flush toilets and showers
10 hr drive max from Lethbridge closer would be nice. (Diesel prices suck)

Thanks wayne

Sushi
01-08-2013, 09:10 AM
http://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/parks/farragut

CanuckShooter
01-08-2013, 09:15 AM
Sounds like the wife and kids prefer a hotel/resort to camping......

Pincherguy
01-08-2013, 09:19 AM

Zactly, I like camping as long as there is pay perview tv, room service and a pool. Dry cleaner would be nice but if not thats ok, gotta rough it sometime right.

Bigdad013
01-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Sandy Point by Salmon arm, great beach, campground has everything you are looking for. They don't have any dock system, but it is a good beach to put your boat on, they have a ramp as well. Good fishing their as well. They take reservations, but they probably won't answer the phone til March or April unless you get lucky and they happen to be there.

bubba 96
01-08-2013, 09:30 AM
aarow lakes up by castlegar, is really nice then ya can hit the columbia for some biggggg rainbows..

Clgy_Dave2.0
01-08-2013, 09:46 AM

Zactly, I like camping as long as there is pay perview tv, room service and a pool. Dry cleaner would be nice but if not thats ok, gotta rough it sometime right.

Typical AO response. OP asks for simple advice and the "elitist campers" have to jump in and make-fun-of and belittle him for his choice of family summertime recreation. What, are "RV'ers" not allowed to use the sacred term "camping" just because they use an RV? Are you a better person than them because you camp at the top of a mountain,living inside a bears carcass,eating tree bark and wild berries for four weeks?
I never see RV'ers come into trappers and hunters camp discussions and dis their choice of camping style! How about if you dont have a helpful suggestion for an activity you're not interested in, ya keep yer yap shut?

OP; sandy point IS a great beach-style campground. Very crowded and hard to get in, so like previous poster said,phone early. They don't have sewer but they have a "honey wagon" service.
Koocanusa lake I think has a powered campground and that is good swimming lake.

CanuckShooter
01-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Typical AO response. OP asks for simple advice and the "elitist campers" have to jump in and make-fun-of and belittle him for his choice of family summertime recreation. What, are "RV'ers" not allowed to use the sacred term "camping" just because they use an RV? Are you a better person than them because you camp at the top of a mountain,living inside a bears carcass,eating tree bark and wild berries for four weeks?
I never see RV'ers come into trappers and hunters camp discussions and dis their choice of camping style! How about if you dont have a helpful suggestion for an activity you're not interested in, ya keep yer yap shut?

OP; sandy point IS a great beach-style campground. Very crowded and hard to get in, so like previous poster said,phone early. They don't have sewer but they have a "honey wagon" service.

Typical big city attitude....it was just a suggestion for his consideration and it sure doesn't warrant your childish outburst. :)

JB_AOL
01-08-2013, 10:51 AM

Canada side, the provincial park is VERY nice, but they have limited power sites (old group site by the water), and well, they aren't that nice (door to door). The only reason we use them, is because we are on the lake the whole day.. It's nice to come back to a cool trailer. Once my kids are abit older, we will be staying uptop in the nice spots. They are well treed, and shaded.

Most other resorts (US included) that are actually on Koocanusa are booked up a year in advance (we've got sites for 2014 already, lol).

I know this isn't BC, but I would highly recommend coeur D'Alene or sandpointe. Awesome area, with a ton more to do than BC (& cheaper). We love it down there, the only thing we dont like is the actual lakes. Too big, and get chopped up pretty quick. BUT.. the wife and kids might like all the sights, outlet malls, shopping in the states more so than BC. Check out silverwood.. great theme park.

Koocanusa is much better for water sports.

bubba 96
01-08-2013, 11:06 AM
Wasa lake is good also just outside of cranbrook, always hot lake is good but busy, and there is bass in there..jimsimth prov park is really nice as well just outside cranbrook, not sure on the hook ups, but bass there to, also kikomann creek area..

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/kikomun_crk/

wallhangers
01-08-2013, 11:23 AM
goldsprings.ca take a look only an hour out of lethbridge....

fortyseven
01-08-2013, 11:54 AM

Yup, can't remember the last time i had flush toilets while camping. Probably because I never did. If you can't **** in a hole in the ground, go back inside.

recce43
01-08-2013, 12:26 PM
goldsprings.ca take a look only an hour out of lethbridge....

x2 stayed there last year with my family clean campground good service .. stocked lake for fishing my kids had a ball there ...

Bigdad013
01-08-2013, 03:21 PM
They don't have sewer but they have a "honey wagon" service.

They do have sewer. Was their this summer with friends showed them how to hook up the sewer for the RV. They had borrowed the rv, didn't know how to do it

Clgy_Dave2.0
01-08-2013, 03:26 PM
They do have sewer. Was their this summer with friends showed them how to hook up the sewer for the RV. They had borrowed the rv, didn't know how to do it

Oh good to know. The spot we got (2nd spot from the beach at west side) only had power and water. We used the honey wagon service for $5 per dump.

sparky660
01-08-2013, 03:45 PM

It's called evolution, if you want to camp in a cave that's your problem. Don't judge others just because they decide to use an RV instead of a tent. Now for some useful information that will actually help the OP.

We stayed at the Cold Lake provincial park and it was really nice. My only complaint is that the beach is quite a distance from the beach. The first 5 feet in the water had a few rocks but after that it was a nice hard sandy bottom and the playgrounds are good. The hiking trails are really good and if you are into geocaching there are tons to look for.

cds
01-08-2013, 03:54 PM
X 2 for Sandpoint, Coeurdlane, Post falls, and look at Kalispell Montana very cheap.

cds
01-08-2013, 03:55 PM
Sandy Point by Salmon arm, great beach, campground has everything you are looking for. They don't have any dock system, but it is a good beach to put your boat on, they have a ramp as well. Good fishing their as well. They take reservations, but they probably won't answer the phone til March or April unless you get lucky and they happen to be there.

Blind Bay Resort west of Salmon Arm.

cds
01-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Canada side, the provincial park is VERY nice, but they have limited power sites (old group site by the water), and well, they aren't that nice (door to door). The only reason we use them, is because we are on the lake the whole day.. It's nice to come back to a cool trailer. Once my kids are abit older, we will be staying uptop in the nice spots. They are well treed, and shaded.

Most other resorts (US included) that are actually on Koocanusa are booked up a year in advance (we've got sites for 2014 already, lol).

I know this isn't BC, but I would highly recommend coeur D'Alene or sandpointe. Awesome area, with a ton more to do than BC (& cheaper). We love it down there, the only thing we dont like is the actual lakes. Too big, and get chopped up pretty quick. BUT.. the wife and kids might like all the sights, outlet malls, shopping in the states more so than BC. Check out silverwood.. great theme park.

Koocanusa is much better for water sports.

Silverwood is great thay have a campground right there on the fair grounds.

sewerrat
01-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Harold Provincial park, just west of Salmon Arm, beautyfull spot, right in Sushwap lake.

Or if you wand to accross the Border try Faragut State park in Northern Idaho, right on lake Pend Oreille There is a huge ammusement park close by for the kids as well.

Selkirk
01-08-2013, 06:42 PM
aarow lakes up by castlegar, is really nice then ya can hit the columbia for some biggggg rainbows..

You got my interest, but the Arrow Lakes are a pretty big (long) area. Any suggestions as to 'where' on the Arrow Lakes?

Thanks,

TF

Donkey Oatey
01-08-2013, 06:59 PM
Had a good time at NK'MIP Family Campground in Osoyoos, BC. http://www.campingosoyoos.com/

Right on the lake, has full service sites. Lots to do around there.