PDA

View Full Version : Man attacked by Bobcat in garage

magnummike
01-08-2013, 10:50 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/bobcat-attacks-massachusetts-man-garage-181858989.html

This family is alive because they owned a handgun.

bruceba
01-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Wimps should have called these guys before they shot it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiY9inQKkvw

CanuckShooter
01-08-2013, 11:14 AM
Vicious little cat!!! That would be good for a little pucker factor for sure!! :thinking-006:

tri777
01-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Oh great,next we will have to ban them cats too..

fortyseven
01-08-2013, 12:04 PM
I like this comment, gave me a chuckle.

"get into a fight with a bobcat is like grabbing a running chainsaw."

score
01-08-2013, 12:24 PM

Hey fortyseven, how are ya? That's what it would likely be like for sure.:scared0018:

Stinky Buffalo
01-08-2013, 12:30 PM

...and "When bobcats are outlawed only outlaws will have bobcats." :lol:

Read of a fellow who was calling for turkeys and suffered brain damage when a bobcat pounced on his head. Not a critter to trifle with.

Mutter87
01-08-2013, 12:35 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/bobcat-attacks-massachusetts-man-garage-181858989.html

This family is alive because they owned a handgun.

The Bobcat would of killed the family? :sHa_sarcasticlol:

I feel bad for the guy.

CaberTosser
01-08-2013, 12:45 PM
One jumped me once, blasted cat darn near knocked my mojito outta my hand before I killed it with nothing more than a vicious stare. That was just before I got my gig as a spokesman for Dos Equis.

Turtlewolf
01-08-2013, 12:48 PM
A bobcat?
Was it sick?
I've lived around wildlife as a hunter and outdoors man all my life and bobcats are the last thing I worry about, I've even played hide and seek with a set of two year old triplets.
Seriously, if you are bigger than a bobcat/lynx stomach in my experience you haven't got a concern.
Bobcats/lynx are one animal I haven't worried about watching my friends photograph at close range either, on the way to a job one day about eight years ago we even had a big tom pose for pictures under a tree at less than ten feet.
Probably the only wild predator I would have ever considered doing that with actualy, I sure as hell wouldnt get that close to a white tail deer or other herbivore!
EDIT:I forgot about the red fox who adopted a welding shop north of Whitecourt years ago where she raised several litters of kits, red fox are also on my "of no concern" list.

Badgerbadger
01-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Like all wild animals, I think they sense when one is fearful of it, and when one is just wanting to get close enough to it to stab it with a spork then grill it.:bad_boys_20:

bigshell
01-08-2013, 04:16 PM
They suspect it was rabid,that puts a whole different light on it there.Rabid animals do not behave normaly and can be really agressive.

KegRiver
01-08-2013, 08:21 PM
99% chance it was rabid.

We don't have Bobcat up herebut we do have Lynx and my experience with wildlife says this is not normal behaviour.

Here is a Lynx in my brothers yard. We could approach to within a couple of feet, and it wouldn't attack.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc278/KegRiver/Animals/DogsLynx-1.jpg

Big Daddy Badger
01-08-2013, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE
This family is alive because they owned a handgun.[/QUOTE]

Thats your pitch?
We need handguns to protect our families from bobcats?

Seriously?

How many individuals let alone whole families have been taken down by a freaking bobcat?
Ever...in all recorded history.

He probably could have done just as well with a hockey stick....

Posts like that... that sort of "tactical" thinking is why we are losing ground to the antis....

TreeGuy
01-08-2013, 10:11 PM
^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: Yep!

fishtank
01-08-2013, 11:09 PM
wow:sHa_sarcasticlol: i am sure a 9 iron would've done the job.