PDA

View Full Version : Newel lake conditions

ArcherAPA
01-09-2013, 07:54 AM
Just wondering if anybody has been to newel lake lately? Specifically the south end... How's the fishing and how's the ice? Thinking about day tripping that direction and always nice to know if a guy can drive on the ice or not.

KJPFISH
01-09-2013, 08:06 AM
I fished the SW corner of Newell on Jan. 2 & again on Jan. 4. Ice was about 18" and virtually everyone was driving on. Fishing was okay - managed 8 pike thru the ice on Jan. 2 and 6 pike on Jan. 4. Had numerous other bites and could have caught a few more. Biggest caught was a little over 11 lbs. I'm stilling looking for that 30+ lber!

Cheers!

KJPFISH

cdkeim
01-09-2013, 12:17 PM
KJPFISH, where did you drive on at to reach the southwest corner of the lake? I have been wanting to fish that area, but havent found a good access point to drive on except from the north end(pumphouse) and that seems like a long drive on the ice from there. Any help would be great!:)

KJPFISH
01-09-2013, 12:43 PM
PM sent

madatter
01-09-2013, 12:45 PM
KJPFISH, where did you drive on at to reach the southwest corner of the lake? I have been wanting to fish that area, but havent found a good access point to drive on except from the north end(pumphouse) and that seems like a long drive on the ice from there. Any help would be great!:)

Getting onto Little Rainier is easy but that's sorta south end.
Looking at google earth there are several trails branching off oilfield roads on west side to get to lake.
Next time I'm out I'll have to check out west side maybe...
I've always done Greenwall,Jackfish,Redelback Bays or Little Rainier.
Time for something new...
I'd be out there today but this wind scared me away.:(

cdkeim
01-09-2013, 02:23 PM
windy and driving over any trails that arent well packed could be pretty soft today. Unforetuneately work holds me back from fishing as much as I would like.:mad0030:

jeremy.koenig
01-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Ice on the south end is bad in spots, my truck went through Jan 12th, thanks god we got out. Ill post the link to the picture below.

http://www.fishingmedicinehat.net/pictures.html

WayneChristie
01-13-2013, 06:05 PM
glad you were ok, we saw the cop lights on the way home last night and hoped no one was hurt.

Looper
01-15-2013, 12:31 PM
Ice on the south end is bad in spots, my truck went through Jan 12th, thanks god we got out. Ill post the link to the picture below.

You may want to choose some better pictures. Who bearhugs a stugeon like that?? Or leave them laying in the sand for a pic?

I won't be chartering with you. Can't read most of the webpages anyway.

But glad you got out safe!

Looper

jts1
01-15-2013, 12:36 PM
:party0052:

kevinhits
01-15-2013, 12:58 PM
:party0051::party0052:

Woooooheeeeeee.....Not too good....LOL

kevinhits
01-15-2013, 01:05 PM

Hopefully that isn't your Charter company that you posted your truck going through....Could make potential clients a little leary