PDA

View Full Version : Who Can You Trust To Work On Your Bow.

The Bit Runner.
06-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I have just had it with the service you get when you take your bow to get some work on it.There is so many shops that i have tried that it is just a joke.

I recently bought a wammy arrow rest and they put it on the wrong cable.so i took it in to another shop to get fixed and they fu%%*# it up too.I watched
another shop put a mathews in the press for some one and you should of seen where they had it in the limbs.Im glad it wasnt my bow.

Is there any one out there that trusts the person who is working on there bow?

I live in centeral alberta and am looking for some one that you can trust to work on a bow.

Does anyone have NAMES and SHOPS that they would sugest.

The only person right now that i trust is Donny Zenner at Whitetail Ridge And Archery and he is 4 hrs from home.PLEASE HELP!!!:wave:

littlered
06-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Jim Bows in Calgary

MountainTi
06-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Jim Bows in Calgary

X2

The Bit Runner.
06-09-2008, 06:01 PM
What Side Of The City Is Jims On In Calgary

wctbowtech
06-09-2008, 06:08 PM
North East.

MountainTi
06-09-2008, 06:59 PM
What Side Of The City Is Jims On In Calgary

Couple blocks off the deerfoot, just off 32nd ave. I believe. Very easy to get to.

The Bit Runner.
06-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanks Guys:)

bowhuntercam
06-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Yup Jim bows the man!

leftiesarebetter
06-09-2008, 11:31 PM
A place a little closer to town would be the red deer archery center. its beside arby's on the north side. They're really good to deal with. seems no one wants to read the instructions on the whammy rest when installing. I have heard that alot about people putting it on the wrong cable.

James M
06-10-2008, 06:20 AM
Come to backcountry and I'll give you a business card with all the info on it...its just down Gaetz from there in that old phone company's building. Blue roof, white walls.

CNP
06-10-2008, 08:44 AM
I have just had it with the service you get when you take your bow to get some work on it.There is so many shops that i have tried that it is just a joke.

I recently bought a wammy arrow rest and they put it on the wrong cable.so i took it in to another shop to get fixed and they fu%%*# it up too.I watched
another shop put a mathews in the press for some one and you should of seen where they had it in the limbs.Im glad it wasnt my bow.

I live in centeral alberta and am looking for some one that you can trust to work on a bow.

The only person right now that i trust is Donny Zenner at Whitetail Ridge And Archery and he is 4 hrs from home.PLEASE HELP!!!:wave:

Me....but I'm not for hire:D . Get to know bows better. You don't have to be a papered "smith" to work on a bow. Get yourself or make yourself a press and you don't have to drive across AB and then wait for someone to "look" at it. $165 for this press............I'm not selling but I can give you the link by pm if you want....It will press parallel limbs and earlier bow limbs...haven't come across a bow it couldn't press. Putting on a rest is pretty basic.....you claimed to bring it to a shop and they screwed it up (twice). That is a message from heaven.......do it yourself. Stuff like that becomes as familiar as brushing your teeth........how badly can you install a sight that you can't fix it lol. Would you mount a scope on a rifle yourself? Why not?

7 REM MAG
06-10-2008, 12:27 PM
hey ehntr does it press the general, guardain etc?

Mike_W
06-10-2008, 01:10 PM
If your in the Edmonton region Martin @ Swamp Donkey Outdoors does a great job!

CNP
06-10-2008, 01:51 PM
hey ehntr does it press the general, guardain etc?

Yep.........I press a Guardian.

Hunter Trav
06-10-2008, 04:08 PM

Donny knows his bows, but make sure he's actually taking the time to do it right. I got him to replace a string for me and he measured mine WAY to long, and I couldn't shoot my bow worth a sh*t after that, totally lost my confidence, and didn't bowhunt that year because of it. Took it to Jim Bows in C-town, and he got me fixed right up. Since then all confidence came back and things are great. But I don't like to have to drive for hours just to get my bow looked at, so I'm learning to do it myself. I got myself a bow vise for my bench, and I have a Bowmaster portable press that can be taken with me on longer trip, just in case. It's alot slower than a big press, but I don't mind taking my time when working on my bow.

cooper
06-30-2008, 11:48 AM

Hay dont matter where in alberta you are from. jimbows in calgary is the only place to go.

u_cant_rope_the_wind
08-21-2008, 09:00 AM
Jimbows in cgy he set my high country up for me in 1995 the only other people that have done any work on that beow since was high country themselves when i sent it back cuz of a ssplit limb they rebuilt it for me sent it back the only charge was shipping and still to date Jim is the only bow tech that will touch any of my bows if i have to i ship my bows to him he fixes them sends em back he is the best in western canada

u_cant_rope_the_wind
08-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Jimbows in cgy he set my high country up for me in 1995 the only other people that have done any work on that beow since was high country themselves when i sent it back cuz of a split limb they rebuilt it for me sent it back the only charge was shipping and still to date Jim is the only bow tech that will touch any of my bows if i have to i ship my bows to him he fixes them sends em back he is the best in western canada

captain
08-24-2008, 09:13 PM
if you buy all the goodies,what excuse do you have to hang out at jimbows and get all the hunting news.:lol:as well as buy the latest toys.

Swamp_Donkey
08-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Jim Bows in Calgary

X2

Yup Jim bows the man!

Hay dont matter where in alberta you are from. jimbows in calgary is the only place to go.

Jimbows in cgy he set my high country up for me in 1995 the only other people that have done any work on that beow since was high country themselves when i sent it back cuz of a ssplit limb they rebuilt it for me sent it back the only charge was shipping and still to date Jim is the only bow tech that will touch any of my bows if i have to i ship my bows to him he fixes them sends em back he is the best in western canada

if you buy all the goodies,what excuse do you have to hang out at jimbows and get all the hunting news.:lol:as well as buy the latest toys.
Wholesales Sports......:evilgrin:
X7. Not just a business for Jim, it's his life and his passion.
Now that I'm back up in the Edmonton area I'm going to try out Martin/Swamp Donkey Outdoors......I like the name, and I've heard good things