PDA

View Full Version : Camping Ideas

MBCountryGirl
01-09-2013, 10:11 AM
I'd like some information/experiences/opinions on camping spots (or hotels, cabins, etc) around the Crowsnest Pass area, Jasper and Banff and Sylvan Lake area for this coming July.
I'll give some insight to our plans - my cousin is getting married in Edmonton on July 20, so that's where we are starting off. We plan on bringing our quads (Yamaha Grizzly and Rhino), our dog (rottweiler/pointer/collie - she's 4 months old right now, but I expect her to be a very well behaved dog by July), and tent camping supplies. Ideally, we would like to wake up and take the quads out instead of driving a distance. Sight seeing would be cool, too.
As we are from Manitoba and this is my second time out to Alberta (briefly in Red Deer/Sylvan Lake in 2009), keep in mind, I know nothing about the areas or rules regarding ATV/UTVs in campgrounds or any riding trails.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks guys!

Klondike
01-09-2013, 10:31 AM
You won't be quadding anywhere near Banff or Jasper as they are both in National Parks and there is no quadding there. I'm not aware of any quadding near Sylvan, but the Rocky area has lots to offer.
There is the Atlas random camping area just north of Crownest where you can ride right from your tent.
Here are a few web site that can help you in you research

www.snowandmud.com

http://www.quadsquad.ca/

http://www.srd.alberta.ca/RecreationPublicUse/RecreationOnPublicLand/PublicLandUseZones/Default.aspx

bubba 96
01-09-2013, 12:51 PM
I'd like some information/experiences/opinions on camping spots (or hotels, cabins, etc) around the Crowsnest Pass area, Jasper and Banff and Sylvan Lake area for this coming July.
I'll give some insight to our plans - my cousin is getting married in Edmonton on July 20, so that's where we are starting off. We plan on bringing our quads (Yamaha Grizzly and Rhino), our dog (rottweiler/pointer/collie - she's 4 months old right now, but I expect her to be a very well behaved dog by July), and tent camping supplies. Ideally, we would like to wake up and take the quads out instead of driving a distance. Sight seeing would be cool, too.
As we are from Manitoba and this is my second time out to Alberta (briefly in Red Deer/Sylvan Lake in 2009), keep in mind, I know nothing about the areas or rules regarding ATV/UTVs in campgrounds or any riding trails.
Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks guys!

Mclean creek campground, you can drive right to your site on the quads and miles of trails...Just stay away from there on the long wknds..