PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Lake - where to find burbot

wmw9
01-09-2013, 01:22 PM
Hey Everyone...before 3 people jump to reply...yes I know there aren't any fish in Ghost lake!

That being said I've had some luck with little Rocky Mountain whitefish, (by some luck meaning every second morning I spend out there I land a couple and then get skunked the next time.)

I know that there are Burbot there. Not sure where to target them. If someone could PM me some ideas I would really appreciate it! I also wanted to say that I always catch and release so no chance of me fishing out any one spot.

Ghost is 20 minutes from my house. I would like to spend the odd evening in my ice tent out there. I figured if I could catch the odd Burbot that would be good, and I've fished Ghost enough to know the odds are I'll get skunked!

Any wisdom would be appreciated! In fact I'm willing to share my method for catching whitefish out there if anyone wants to know.

Thanks!
Mike

aulrich
01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
I have not fished ghost but, we usualy are on flats 10-30 fow, glow jigs with bait, generally fished bouncing on the bottom, bounce bounce then pause.

Mind you on the weekend my son caught one 6" under the ice in 10 fow, on purpose.

In March they spawn and move to shallow sandy bays.

Dust1n
01-09-2013, 03:10 PM
Under the bridge with pickerel rigs. Never tied it myself but I got that info from a
Buddy that used to work at bps. Not sure which side it is but at the docks where the sail boats dock there is super tiny fish under it. I was jigging them with my fly rod 2 years ago.