PDA

View Full Version : Kananaskis

CityBoyFisher
06-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Hey everyone ive decide on camping at mount kidd this weekend and was just wondering if ppl could give me a little info on the fishing spots and whats around for species thank you

Kingfisher
06-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Around Mt Kidd RV park there isn't much. I think I heard they stocked Mt Lorrette Ponds a while ago. You might want to check out Wedge Pond. They say that there is grayling in there. Not that I would know though as I haven't ever caught one there.

The upper and lower Kananaskis lakes are open. The lakes are low as usual for this time of year. That's a bit of a drive though from where your going to be at. But cirtainly worth it if you have a boat and can get out on the lake.

Good luck and tight lines.

Rob

uicehole
06-09-2008, 11:55 PM
Don't know if you're chuck'n flies but that's all I know.

Wedge pond is just a little further south. Seen them jumping a couple of weeks ago so they overwintered. Typically a challenge to catch. Chronies and small nymphs should provide some luck. Dries, use tiny midge imitations unless there's a specific hatch going. Grayling.

Sibbald lake and Sibbald Meadows Pond back the way you came. Can be quite crowded even if the weather's sour. They just stocked it before the long weekend but they are really small , 10". There are a few old trout in the Pond. Usual wet flies work. Rainbows at the lake plus the odd brookie and cutt at the pond.

Mt Lorrette Ponds. Didn't see any fish there a couple of weeks ago but that doesn't mean there isn't any. New regs say limit is 2 but that wouldn't have stopped it from being cleared out. Rainbows.

None of the small streams are open yet so that goes for the beaver ponds too.