PDA

View Full Version : great service at wss today

waterninja
01-09-2013, 09:12 PM
am giving the staff in the fishing dept. a big thumbs up . had new line spooled on my baitcaster last week and the reel stopped working. brought it back today and they respooled it and spooled another baitcaster that i am keeping as a backup all for free. turns out that the 1st reel doesn't like cold weather so it wasn't wss fault in the first place but they were willing to replace my reel with a new one if that was nessasary.

Whiskey Wish
01-09-2013, 09:21 PM
I had good service at WSS North just before Xmas. The store was busy, there was plenty of staff and lots of them stopped on their way past me and asked if I needed assistance. One even left his department and showed me where the item I was looking for was in another department.

Guys at the gun counter were busy but they still gave me lots of help. They seemed happy to see me, happy to help me and even helped me to the door with my purchases.

My old brain has forgotten the names of the two chaps that helped me the most which is a shame cause I would be happy to give them a pat on the back on here.
Regards,
Dave.

justsomeguy
01-09-2013, 09:26 PM
Just like any other specialty shop their service is great if you don't go on Saturday when the lineup is out he door and all the pros who work Monday-Friday are out hunting or fishing.

Comstar
01-09-2013, 09:39 PM
Thought the title was sarcastic! Not to often WSS get a good review.

Atleast they got you fixed up again!

Whiskey Wish
01-10-2013, 07:18 AM
Just like any other specialty shop their service is great if you don't go on Saturday when the lineup is out he door and all the pros who work Monday-Friday are out hunting or fishing.

Had to go look at my receipt to see what day I was there. Dec.1/12 was a Saturday by my calendar.
Regards,
Dave.

KCL
01-10-2013, 08:28 AM
Really, I live up north and go to Wholesale Sports everytime I'm in Edmonton, they have lots of stuff, I think the selection is good, but I have never walked out and said, "wow that was good service". Their service sucks and most of the people who work there not only lack knowledge but do it in a condescending manner. Last time I dealt with them every question I asked the old guy at the gun counter his reply was "we won't have that, not at this outfit". Then you would have to go find it yourself.

Rocky7
01-10-2013, 09:35 AM
I had great service at WSS South Edmonton recently from a very pleasant, helpful and very knowledgable young lady from Gibbons. I will look for her again if I have occasion to buy a gun or scope.

Conversely, the snotty old man who tried to give me a lecture about how CT bullets are no good because they "gum up" the barrel and looked at me like I was stupid for asking to buy them ought to be sweeping floors and not dealing with someone looking to spend $1g. I sent him on his way and looked around for someone else (see above).

Fishonthefly
01-10-2013, 09:39 AM
Ive always had great service at the Calgary store. One bit of improvment would be their phone ordering system. On hold for waaaaaay to long.

M.C. Gusto
01-10-2013, 10:38 AM
I have had way better service at WSS than Cabelas and consistently i get cheaper prices their, especially on the fishing stuff. I am amazed at the low grade products (hiking gear, footwear, nick nacks) sold at Cabelas and the overwhelming support people are giving that store. The gun counter and fishing department truely dont know jack about what they're selling you. Sorry for the rant

jetta5678
01-10-2013, 12:56 PM
My son had good service Tuesday night at WSS Calgary with a firearms purchase. Ordered one online (store was out of stock), backordered, kept in touch with the order dept. and they advised him the store just got a shipment. Cancelled order, went and picked one up, as I said before good service from the gentleman at the counter. This used to be my go to store, hopefully things are turning around.