PDA

View Full Version : Pakowki lake?

brobinson
01-09-2013, 11:33 PM
I've run across this body of water on several maps and on that ifish alberta app, but can't find any information on it? Nothing in the regs. And no previous threads that I've been able to locate? I'm curious as to if there are even any fish in this "lake" or if there is what species? Has anybody else ever heard of this water body or have any knowledge on this subject? Any input would be appreciated.

Pincherguy
01-09-2013, 11:42 PM
I've run across this body of water on several maps and on that ifish alberta app, but can't find any information on it? Nothing in the regs. And no previous threads that I've been able to locate? I'm curious as to if there are even any fish in this "lake" or if there is what species? Has anybody else ever heard of this water body or have any knowledge on this subject? Any input would be appreciated.

I have not been in that area for years, but the last ime I was it was just a big dryed up lake. No fish just antelope, deer and coyotes. Things change so who knows
PG

pikergolf
01-09-2013, 11:46 PM
It's a very shallow, highly alkali lake, no fish, goes dry in a dry year. Has a high rate of botulism that wipes out a lot of ducks if conditions get just right. Goggle the lake and botulism if your so inclined. My Dad and I set out to find this lake about 40 yrs ago. lol That was before the internet, the rancher we talked to must have thought we fell of the immigrant wagon, with dad's heavy, at that time accent.

Hollingsworth
01-10-2013, 01:32 AM
Ya no fish there I grew up in foremost, and remember when I was younger going out there and picking up dead ducks out of the water was no very pleasant.