PDA

View Full Version : Egstrom lake hwy 881

thefloormat
01-10-2013, 04:17 AM
Just working as a medic up here for the conocophillips project, drive by this lake daily, read that its a trout lake, stocked I assume. It's about KM 250 on hwy 881

Anyone fished it? ice fish it recently? Wondering if I should bring in an ice rod with me and maybe swing by during the day when I'm supposed to be sleeping and try to get someone to drill me a hole if anyone is out there.

On that note, anyone on here staying at the Surmont camp? I'm one of the guys walking around in the black t****s that say medic on them.

--->MAT

binnzer32
01-10-2013, 09:08 AM
hey the lake is about 65 or75 kilometers from Fort McMurray down 881

thefloormat
01-10-2013, 09:16 AM
Yes, I drive by it every day, just curious if anyone has ice fished it yet, worth me trying to get out there? All ill have is my rod and some lures, hope its busy enough to beg for a hole from someone.

Kurt505
01-10-2013, 09:31 AM
I fished it 20yrs ago and it was good fishing then. I heard not much has changed.

JSMPP
01-10-2013, 09:56 AM
I was there last weekend, it's stocked pretty heavily. Lots of little trout in there and there were lots of people out, not sure how busy it is during the week but there should be someone there that can drill a hole or two for you.

binnzer32
01-10-2013, 11:57 AM
hey buddy I always did well out there going out to the left from the ramp almost to a point then I would use a red Berkley Power angle worm on bottom hook and a fly above it on another hook .. usually something with sparkly green or blue..we use to catch a lot more than most people out there.. the biggest being two pounds but most are around 11 inches or so. This was 2 years ago. Hope this helps.

Mike

TBoe
01-10-2013, 12:47 PM
It is heavily stocked and fished by many on the weekend. You will catch lots of small rainbows...