PDA

View Full Version : Piers Morgan vs. Jesse Ventura

Rocky7
01-10-2013, 10:35 AM
http://www.americanthinker.com/video/2012/12/jesse_ventura_crushes_piers_morgan_on_2nd_amendmen t.html

Wait for the ending.........Isn't that called being b___ slapped?:)

dumoulin
01-10-2013, 10:52 AM
Doesn`t it seem like the divide is really between liberal libertine values and right wing political conservatism? Piers is out gunned...

MtnGiant
01-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Ventura izz AWESOME!!!!!!!!:fighting0030:

airbornedeerhunter
01-10-2013, 11:15 AM
I love Jesse Ventura, what a life that guy has led,

Navy SEAL
80's WWF Superstar wrestler
Played "Blaine" in Predator (some of the best one-liners ever)
Governor of Minnesota

And he's not an idiot either, very well spoken, intelligent, educated, informed and charismatic.

And that is one awesome skullet!

pikeslayer22
01-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Navy Seal? For real?

32-40win
01-10-2013, 11:23 AM
Gotta like Ventura, and he has the physical experience to back up his claims on the CCW.

MtnGiant
01-10-2013, 11:26 AM
Navy Seal? For real?

Yes for real...
He's led quite a life

BTW.....Luv the "skullet" remark :)

riden
01-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Navy Seal? For real?

There is some controversy there I think, but it has been a while, and my memory is not clear.

32-40win
01-10-2013, 12:53 PM
He was on a UDT team, which were the SEALS, before they became officially called SEALS, so to speak. They were merged into the SEAL organisation when it came about. May not be an actual "SEAL" in the "properly" current definition,
but, he did the school, which became the current one, and time in Vietnam on that team.

cranky
01-10-2013, 01:09 PM
There is some controversy there I think, but it has been a while, and my memory is not clear.

He was a member of UDT. Underwater Demolition Team,which later on became or merged with Seals. I think i read this merger happened after his service in navy. So i guess he could say he was a Seal. No Seal member has have ever questioned that so they say. UDT's are referred to by the Seals as the old men of the Seals.
Just trivia i picked up reading somewhere sometime.

Rocky7
01-10-2013, 01:46 PM
Is there a person here who would not wish Jesse Ventura and his 1911 had been walking the hallways in that school?

Or in that theatre watching a movie?

MtnGiant
01-10-2013, 02:01 PM
Is there a person here who would not wish Jesse Ventura and his 1911 had been walking the hallways in that school?

Or in that theatre watching a movie?

Not even a crazy person would good up against a guy who ain't got time to bleed.

With Jesse Ventura on ground patrol and Ted "the Motorcity Madman" Nugent on bow sniper patrol.....your kids are safe as milk

ali#1
01-10-2013, 02:10 PM
This interview is from months ago.

rem338win
01-10-2013, 02:27 PM
They're both idiots. Goodness sakes.

bessiedog
01-10-2013, 03:40 PM
Mr. Ventura is not nearly as good herew as I have become accustomed to witnessing.

This guy is learned and a formidable debater/thinker..... I expected him to do farrrr better than he did.

I am VERY surprised that the NRA hasent tried to make him their figurehead/champion here...... and I'm wondering why that is.

The pro gun lobby would stand a very good chance of winning in this debate with 'the Body' in their corner and if he became the front man.

Is this an old recording?? What is his stance now???

rem338win
01-10-2013, 03:43 PM
He hasn't because the ex-frogman has been caught in a few fibs.
Same reason they don't use Nugent anymore; unpredictable statements.

bessiedog
01-10-2013, 03:49 PM
oh..... I didn't know that.... bout the fib part.

i had no idea... gotta admit... he wuz a bit of a hero of mine politically speaking.

too bad.. :(

Rocky7
01-10-2013, 04:30 PM
The "fib" allegations are overblown. IIRC, that comes from quibblilng over whether he was really a SEAL because his spec ops unit in Vietnam was actually a predecessor unit which morphed into SEALS. Pretty nit-picky if you ask me.

He can be a bit unpredictable, though, and is not known for excessive tact.:)

I don't see him as a front line spokesman for the NRA.

Tom Selleck gets my vote for that role.

covey ridge
01-10-2013, 08:29 PM
Another Piers Morgan thread? Why give him so much attention? Why give him the air to breath?

greylynx
01-10-2013, 09:13 PM
On this thread several members said derogatory remarks against Mr. Ventura.

All you did was attack his character, which is what liberals do.

Why? Do you believe you are morally superior to Jesse Ventura?

What makes you a better person than him?

Give me time to edit my message please.

pickrel pat
01-10-2013, 09:20 PM
On this thread not one of you spoke of the points made by Jesse Ventura.

Not one single item of what he said is mentioned on this thread.

Many posters applauded jesse.

MtnGiant
01-10-2013, 09:22 PM
On this thread not one of you spoke of the points made by Jesse Ventura.

Not one single item of what he said is mentioned on this thread.

This is a pretty pro Ventura thread goin on Mr Lynx.
Or am I mistaken again?

Pincherguy
01-10-2013, 09:25 PM
How much ya want to bet if a gunman came at Piers and I had a gun he would hide behind me and say shoot him Pincher Guy shoot him.
PG

MtnGiant
01-10-2013, 09:28 PM
How much ya want to bet if a gunman came at Piers and I had a gun he would hide behind me and say shoot him Pincher Guy shoot him.
PG

I'm a betting man....I'll take $1000 of that action

Rocky7
01-10-2013, 09:49 PM
PG

Well, if you were not there, I'd say for certain that he would phone 911 and say: "Please send over a man with a gun."

hockey1099
01-10-2013, 09:51 PM
I love Jesse Ventura he mantains intellectually consistent arguments across the varied political discussions. he is a pure libertarian. He is also a bad ass Navy Seal (or at least the pre cursor to what we now call the SEALS)

That said his position that the second amendmendment is in place to allow citizens to protect themselves against oppressive governments is inconsistent with the 2nd amendment being used to support concealed weapons on the street.

I agree with his interpretation of the second amendment but have difficulty understanding how unorganized citizens with hand guns are going to rise against a corrupt government that maintained the support of the military.

I would assume militia groups would need to form inorder to rise against a government led military. These individuals would be outmatched taking handguns up against M16's tanks, biological weapons and fighter jets. These militia groups would need military grade weapons if they were to have any chance at sucessfully over throwing a government.

If the true intent of the second amendment is to keep government in check then it wasnt intended to allow citizens to carry weapons on the street for personal protection from other citizens.

Rocky7
01-10-2013, 09:52 PM
This is a pretty pro Ventura thread goin on Mr Lynx.

He is correct, though, in pointing out that the negative comments have all been personal. It is a typical tactic.

Pincherguy
01-10-2013, 09:53 PM

my memory is shot too, must be the beer, what do you think, lol
PG

Hagalaz
01-10-2013, 09:54 PM
And he's not an idiot either, very well spoken, intelligent, educated, informed and charismatic.

And if Morgan gets in his face he can throw him down and put him in a figure four leg lock.

I would pay good money to see him do that. :D

Pincherguy
01-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Well, if you were not there, I'd say for certain that he would phone 911 and say: "Please send over a man with a gun."

For sure, the guys a flake.

Cyclops
01-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Tom Selleck gets my vote for that role.

Yep, I second that motion. Selleck is great! :)

MtnGiant
01-10-2013, 09:57 PM
He is correct, though, in pointing out that the negative comments have all been personal. It is a typical tactic.

True enough, but more pro than con comments.
Not even Jesse Ventura is perfect :)