PDA

View Full Version : Governor General Will Attend FN Meeting

HunterDave
01-10-2013, 12:04 PM
I haven't even read the article yet but the Governor General will be attending the FN meeting tomorrow.

So, will Spence now attend............the plot thickens.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/governor-general-agrees-to-ceremonial-first-nations-meeting-in-wake-of-boycott-threat-1.1108465

Unregistered user
01-10-2013, 12:06 PM
She already said no unless c-45 is gutted.

Hagalaz
01-10-2013, 12:12 PM

Typical entitled attitude.

Nothing is good enough for this woman. She gets what she wants, then has a mini-tantrum because she wants more & isn't immediately satisfied.

She isn't helping natives in Canada by acting like this. People see this, get angry, and the average native person takes the brunt of the anger for her stupidity.

molly
01-10-2013, 12:21 PM
:confused:

HunterDave
01-10-2013, 12:23 PM

She did? The only demand that I read was that she wanted both the PM and the GG to attend. She has not yet made a statement about going or not.....wait for it.

HunterDave
01-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Disappointing. Now she will think she can get whatever she wants...The GG has no executive power. What does she expect he will do? :mad0100:

The GG isn't going because of her demand. The Assembly of FN threatened to boycott the meeting if he wasn't there and shortly after he announced that he would attend.

Scott N
01-10-2013, 12:50 PM
The GG should not go because he/she should not be involved in any sort of political crap. Clearly, this meeting is political.

Kurt505
01-10-2013, 12:53 PM
This is awesome, they called her out, will she have the guts to face the music publicly or is she going to keep ducking hoping she can keep making up excuses. The problem she now faces it that she has to con people outside of the reserve, which I'm sure, is harder than she imagined.

CNP
01-10-2013, 12:54 PM
She is not considered an asset by the FN leadership. For them to invite her would be akin to bringing your gf over for dinner with your wife and kids. Strange things do happen though...

FishingMOM
01-10-2013, 01:03 PM
This is awesome, they called her out, will she have the guts to face the music publicly or is she going to keep ducking hoping she can keep making up excuses. The problem she now faces it that she has to con people outside of the reserve, which I'm sure, is harder than she imagined.

She has been taking pointers from alberta's own loser in power!

molly
01-10-2013, 01:20 PM
The CTV news at noon just said the GG is NOT attending the working meeting, but is hosting a spiritual gathering or something just afterwards. Not quite the same, is it...

HunterDave
01-10-2013, 01:34 PM
The CTV news at noon just said the GG is NOT attending the working meeting, but is hosting a spiritual gathering or something just afterwards. Not quite the same, is it...

Yup, pretty confusing....lol. From what I understand is that after the meeting the GG will host the FN folks. Here's the tweet from the Spence camp on APTN about it:

"Spence will attend meeting if @pmharper and @GGDavidJohnston are at the same table. Not two meetings as planned." #cdnpoli #idlenomore
Retweeted by APTN National News

I could care less about Spence or what she does.....I just find the story interesting. It was nice of the GG to leave Spence an out.

chain2
01-10-2013, 01:42 PM
probably not,she'd hold out for the queen to attend :thinking-006:sheesh

Sporty
01-10-2013, 01:43 PM
Typical entitled attitude.

Nothing is good enough for this woman. She gets what she wants, then has a mini-tantrum because she wants more & isn't immediately satisfied.

She isn't helping natives in Canada by acting like this. People see this, get angry, and the average native person takes the brunt of the anger for her stupidity.

Well said and I agree 200%. Much of the INM now is comprised of those who have been idle for so long and now feel as though they have some form of a sense of purpose but their devotion to Spence is so misplaced they can't even see the reality that she is using them for her own agenda. She and many of these chiefs are make up a large part of the Aboriginal problems not the solution.

dumoulin
01-10-2013, 02:03 PM
The GG should not go because he/she should not be involved in any sort of political crap. Clearly, this meeting is political.

The Numbered Treaties were never with the PM, they were with the Crown who was and is still the GG in Canada. Although the GG has the power hardly anything, it`s still a gesture of good faith for him to show up. Furthermore, if he doesn`t show, think of the political backlash... it was misguided of him not to even consider going in the first place.

Lefty-Canuck
01-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Apparently the old...

"We do not negotiate with terrorists"....does not apply :)

....Jokes....I kid I kid....

LC :)

Scott N
01-10-2013, 02:11 PM
The Numbered Treaties were never with the PM, they were with the Crown who was and is still the GG in Canada. Although the GG has the power hardly anything, it`s still a gesture of good faith for him to show up. Furthermore, if he doesn`t show, think of the political backlash... it was misguided of him not to even consider going in the first place.

I disagree with you, and you even confirm that there will be political backlash. The GG is our head of state, and should be above any political leanings. He should not be dragged in to this **** show.

Lefty-Canuck
01-10-2013, 02:16 PM
I disagree with you, and you even confirm that there will be political backlash. The GG is our head of state, and should be above any political leanings. He should not be dragged in to this **** show.

I agree. Anyone with a cause will make demands now.

LC

dumoulin
01-10-2013, 02:29 PM

You can disagree all you want, but this has nothing to do with political leanings at all as the Treaties were signed by the FNs, the PM and with the GG. If this were a questions of should or could, I`d likely agree with you. I don`t see it that way--more a question of obligation. If we signed a contract together and it needed abrogation, we would both need to be there...right?

Scott N
01-10-2013, 02:41 PM
You can disagree all you want, but this has nothing to do with political leanings at all as the Treaties were signed by the FNs, the PM and with the GG. If this were a questions of should or could, I`d likely agree with you. I don`t see it that way--more a question of obligation. If we signed a contract together and it needed abrogation, we would both need to be there...right?

As I'm sure you know, the GG has no power. You don't think the whole "Idle no more" movement is about slagging the current CPC government and politics? It's all politics, and what it's going to come down to is "Give us some more money." The GG should be, and must be, above all this crap. How long is "our" obligation to the FN supposed to go on for? The Indian Act needs to go. It's not that the FN aren't owed something, but until they become part of mainstreem society, poverty, substance abuse, nepatism, etc., are only going to get worse. The GG should not be involved in this other than what he is, a figurehead.

GunnerySgtJackson
01-10-2013, 02:41 PM
Anybody up for an Alberta Outdoors flash mob to show our support........:)

No one....

molly
01-10-2013, 03:40 PM

No one....

Support for whom? Steve? Spence? Are you serving fish broth at this mob? It's cold out, you know...:sHa_sarcasticlol:

HunterDave
01-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Well said and I agree 200%. Much of the INM now is comprised of those who have been idle for so long and now feel as though they have some form of a sense of purpose but their devotion to Spence is so misplaced they can't even see the reality that she is using them for her own agenda. She and many of these chiefs are make up a large part of the Aboriginal problems not the solution.

I'd like to point out that the INM movement and Spence are not one in the same. They are two separate issues and Spence only started her liquid diet to bring attention to INM. The organizers of the INM movement have tried to distance themselves from her and in December posted on their website that while they supported Spence, she had nothing to do with INM.

HunterDave
01-10-2013, 03:55 PM

Going to have a square dance instead of a round dance?

As long as beer is involved I'm up for anything. :)

Winch101
01-10-2013, 04:16 PM
I am not getting something here,Atleo keeps saying things have
To change . I have read all the treaties that are in place ,in mine
And several media types opinion is that we are in overtime
As far as gifting these reserves goes .
The way out is to cut the cord with the UK. Throw off colony hood
Just as the Aussies are trying to do...Then WE can renegotiate
These treaties and agreements .
Several poli-sci professors in Canada ,say that native leaders
Know that their treaty negotiation days are nearly over .
Today they are dealing with descendants of the original two
British and French....but soon Caucasians will be the minority in Canada
And the brunt of politicians will be second generation immigrants
Certainly at the federal level . Unlikely that the new version of Tories
Is going to be as open to this nonsense . Laws are made to be rewritten.