PDA

View Full Version : Eskimo shark z51

deepfried
01-10-2013, 05:51 PM
Hope some people can help me. I have a Eskimo z51 auger bought brand new from the fishing hole here in Calgary a year ago Christmas time. Took it out to badger last weekend and the recoil for the pull start won't recoil the string all the way. It will still start after pulling a few more times, but would start almost always on the first pull with full string travel. How are is it to open it up and have a look at it or what else can I do to fix this issue. It was a Xmas gift from my mother so not sure about receipt to take it back to have a look at it if warranty even plays into it. Would probably have to contact manufacturer anyways. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!! :)

ESOXangler
01-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Hope some people can help me. I have a Eskimo z51 auger bought brand new from the fishing hole here in Calgary a year ago Christmas time. Took it out to badger last weekend and the recoil for the pull start won't recoil the string all the way. It will still start after pulling a few more times, but would start almost always on the first pull with full string travel. How are is it to open it up and have a look at it or what else can I do to fix this issue. It was a Xmas gift from my mother so not sure about receipt to take it back to have a look at it if warranty even plays into it. Would probably have to contact manufacturer anyways. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!! :)

i took the recoil apart and its is comprised of mainly plastic with chinese lettering. Have fun, more than likely you'll be getting a new one as this isn't like the recoils of the past.

McShaft
01-11-2013, 08:54 AM
These things have a cheap recoil. I broke the rope on mine the other day (after only 1 short season of use). I wish I would have gotten a Jiffy. I took the recoil apart and realized that the screw holding it together is locktited in and cannot be removed without breaking it. So I broke it and now its in-operable. I ordered a new recoil from Lawnmower hospital in Edmonton at a premium price as the Eskimo website states that they will not ship to Canada. If you have an eskimo auger, I would recommend being gentle with the recoil and try not to pull it out all the way when starting. I hope I dont snap a rope every season...45 bucks and a wait for the new part.:angry3: