PDA

View Full Version : Sick of inm

FishingMOM
01-11-2013, 06:05 AM
Start charging them and throw their behinds in Jail.
Every corrupt chief.
Every protester causing blockades

This is simply terrorism at this stage!

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Native Canadians are so angry that they could resort to blocking resource development and bring the economy "to its knees" unless the Conservative government addresses their grievances, an influential chief said on Thursday.

Native Canadian chiefs are due to meet with Prime Minister Stephen Harper on Friday to discuss the poor living conditions facing many of Canada's 1.2 million aboriginals.

"We have had enough. Our young people have had enough. Our women have had enough ... . We have nothing left to lose," said Grand Chief Derek Nepinak from the province of Manitoba.

Activists have already blockaded some rail lines and threatened to close Canada's borders with the United States in a campaign they call "Idle No More."

Canada has 633 separate native "bands," each of which have their own communities and lands, and not all share the same opinions. The chief of the Assembly of First Nations, the aboriginal umbrella group, said his members had come to a tipping point, but he made no mention of damaging the economy.

"You cannot ignore what is happening with Idle No More... We will drive the final stake in the heart of colonialism and it will happen in this generation," Shawn Atleo told a separate news conference.

"First Nations are not opposed to resource development, they are just not supportive of development at any cost," he said.

Native Canadian leaders say they want more federal money, a greater say over what happens to resources on their land and more respect from the federal Conservative government.

"These are demands, not requests," said Nepinak. "The Idle No More movement has the people - it has the people and the numbers - that can bring the Canadian economy to its knees. It can stop Prime Minister Stephen Harper's resource development plan," Nepinak told reporters in Ottawa.

"We have the warriors that are standing up now, that are willing to go that far. So we're not here to make requests, we're here to demand attention," he said.

Aboriginal bands are unhappy about Enbridge Inc's plans to build a pipeline from the oil sands of Alberta to the Pacific province of British Columbia, and some say they will not allow the project to go ahead.

Some aboriginal bands oppose the Enbridge pipeline on the grounds that it is too environmentally dangerous while others say the company did not do enough to consult them before applying for permission to go ahead with the project.

"DIPLOMATIC HAND"

Nepinak said he wants to extend a "diplomatic hand" toward resolving the issues and gave no details about what he meant by bringing the economy to its knees.

Nepinak and other Manitoba chiefs are also demanding that Ottawa rescind parts of two recent budget acts they say reduce environmental protection for lakes and rivers, and make it easier to sell lands on the reserves where many natives live.

"We've been working tirelessly to gain access through various channels into this Harper regime ... . How do we trust the words of this prime minister?" Nepinak asked.

Successive Canadian governments have struggled for decades to improve the life of aboriginals.

Ottawa spends around $11 billion ($11.1 billion) a year on its aboriginal population, yet living conditions for many are poor, particularly for those on reserves with high rates of poverty, addiction, joblessness and suicide.

As part of the Idle No More campaign, protesters blocked a Canadian National Railway Co line in Sarnia, Ontario, in late December and early January.

Dr. Fish
01-11-2013, 06:19 AM
Start charging them and throw their behinds in Jail.
Every corrupt chief.
Every protester causing blockades

This is simply terrorism at this stage!

Sure is terrorism when they threaten to "bring the economy to its knees".
As for charging them, well I doubt thats going to happen with our two tier justice system concerning First Nation groups. The police as just as likely to join them than arrest them, even if they are court ordered to do so.

Ultimate Predator
01-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Bring the army in and blow em sky high sick of these indians

airbornedeerhunter
01-11-2013, 06:38 AM

I can't believe that anyone would advocate for or want that to happen. Just think about that, the Canadian Forces with all the firepower we have lighting up a protest or blockade, no matter how ridiculous, obstructive or destructive it is. The only way that would come to fruition would be another Oka like crisis where the indians seriously upped the ante by targeting and shooting civilains and becoming too much for the RCMP or local police forces to handle in terms of numbers of beligerants and firepower.

I don't believe it would ever come to that. For their and our sake lets hope it doesn't.

Kurt505
01-11-2013, 06:52 AM
Their a bunch of clowns. It's funny really, even their lawyers are saying they don't really know what they want. They all got they're hands out looking for more free handouts. I say it's time the other Canadians stand up and say enough is enough, time to re-write the contract!!! It's time we stop the free handouts, and the bs hunting and fishing laws that were designed when you rode a horse for transportation and didn't have easy access to a grocery store. They're broke and living in poverty because they're LAZY. the people who aren't lazy, aren't living in poverty, the ones that have jobs, have nice cars, nice homes, and nice cloths because they aren't standing with one hand in their pocket and one hand open looking for a handout. If work isn't part of their culture, maybe it's time they made it part of their culture. I'm all for protecting land, and if this is what the inm was all about I'd have some compassion for their plight, but it has turned into nothing more than a bunch of disorganized bums.

Sorry if I have offended anyone, but if you aren't looking for a free ride, and you don't mind working for what you get, there is no reason to be offended.

HunterDave
01-11-2013, 07:23 AM
The INM movement started as a "grassroots" movement organized by 4 women that was hijacked by Spence, rebel demonstrators and now some radical Chiefs. The peacefully demonstrations of INM in the form of flashmobs in malls and round dances was embraced by many Canadians and brought awareness to their issues.

Enter Spence and Chief Nepinak..........All of the gains that the INM movement in getting public support are diminishing quickly. IMO the INM movement is dead in the water. Even if they continued with flashmobs and round dances they will be met with a different public sentiment. Few, if any, people will gladly join in on the round dances and they will be shunned.

Chief Nepinak would like to take things to the next level with mass acts of unlawful activities and he needs his azz kicked badly. The AFN is so disfunctional and is such a fiasco that no one (of his own) can or will do it. The INM movement IMO is history and we are headed towards a new phase.

I believe that regardless of what happens at the meeting this afternoon, it won't be enough and rogue factions of Natives will start a campaign of disruption across Canada. It won't be organized or coordinated by the AFN, just a rabble of Natives doing what they think they need/want to do.

I was in the military and somewhat involved with Oka and Kahnawaki and if you don't think that the military is preparing for what may come, you have no idea.

backpacker
01-11-2013, 07:26 AM
The time to address this First Nation crap is far overdue. As mentioned, these treaties were written up in a much different time and the world has changed yet the Native culture has not followed up with progress.
Get a job, keep a job past the first payday, hold Native councel members responsible for Band investments and monetary holdings they are entrusted with. For far too long the Chiefs and immediate family members have live high on the hog while the rest of the Band lives near or in poverty.
The working Canadian is getting tired of shelling out money to a lost cause.

Mb-MBR
01-11-2013, 07:28 AM
Hey clean your guns sight them in, there will be an opportunity for you folks to shoot an Indian, just like your ancestors did.

The opportunity should just make you folks giggly and while you're at get your kids to join in, make it a family event, why not, the whole family may as well enjoy the ride.

HunterDave
01-11-2013, 07:31 AM
Hey clean your guns sight them in, there will be an opportunity for you folks to shoot an Indian, just like your ancestors did.

It sounds like that's exactly what Chief Nepinak wants for his people.

lake side
01-11-2013, 07:34 AM
Ibtl

Kurt505
01-11-2013, 07:40 AM

The opportunity should just make you folks giggly and while you're at get your kids to join in, make it a family event, why not, the whole family may as well enjoy the ride.

Really? Ever think where the resentment is coming from? Take a look at the news. I was born in Alberta, my parents were born in Alberta. My grand parents were born in Alberta. My grandfather helped build the road to fort mcmurray, helped build the bridge across the Athabasca river. None of my family or extended family has collected welfare, all of my family, and extended family work and contribute financially to Canada, why do not deserve just as much right to this country!!!!

I don't buy your "oh poor me" bs. I don't want anything but equality for ALL Canadians, what is wrong with that? Seriously, tell me what is wrong with my expectations?

Lefty-Canuck
01-11-2013, 07:43 AM

I'm gonna make an offside call on your post.....totally uncalled for and offensive.

By making a statement such as that you are hardly going to garner any sympathy from the folks you have offended.

LC

Sporty
01-11-2013, 07:43 AM

Why single out Aboriginals? How about we blow them all sky high? Sadly, this comment is quite common, but hey, the only racists in Canada are Aboriginals right?

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2012/09/11/mark-milke-how-industry-canada-spent-13-7-billion-in-corporate-welfare/

http://www.fraserinstitute.org/uploadedFiles/fraser-ca/Content/research-news/research/publications/immigration-and-the-canadian-welfare-state-2011.pdf

Where taxpayer money really goes

http://www.fin.gc.ca/tax-impot/2011/html-eng.asp

Matt L.
01-11-2013, 07:44 AM

I'm not being and will not be a smartass about it, but I want to hear your opinion on Nepinak's threat mb-MBR. IMO, he crossed the line big time.

ctd
01-11-2013, 07:45 AM
People who are suggesting violence should really get out of Canada and move to one of those country's that kill their people all the time.

The last thing we need is a escalation of force.

We do need to do something as a country before this gets out of control and turns for the worse.
Right now all we have is a pile of idiots on one side blaming the pile of idiots on the other side.
The rest of the people don't know who to listen to.

I am not willing to loose Canada to a bunch of idiots who are only looking after themselves.

Sporty
01-11-2013, 07:47 AM

I'm gonna make an offside call on your post.....totally uncalled for and offensive.

By making a statement such as that you are hardly going to garner any sympathy from the folks you have offended.

LC

Resentment seems to be one sided, Mb-MBR's comment isn't the only offensive comment in this thread.

Segundo
01-11-2013, 07:50 AM
maybe it early in the day but did I read correctly...

Regardless of political views and opinions of this stuff , I am amazed at the suggestions some have made .

I called an old friend yesterday and we joked about it all and i also congratulated him at becoming an Indian now ( even though he looks it, talks it and lives it....) He complained about corrupt management in reserves being a problem and said that is the problem ....

But to make a crack about violence and shooting .... ?? I have to explain to my kid who can read ,what kind of an individual speaks like this anonymously .

Embarrassing .

Twisted Canuck
01-11-2013, 07:51 AM
Wow. IBTL

HunterDave
01-11-2013, 07:54 AM
[/B]Resentment seems to be one sided, Mb-MBR's comment isn't the only offensive comment in this thread.

There are idiots in every culture. I found the one that you quoted much more distasteful than Mb-MBR's. In fact, his didn't bother me at all.

This thread is indicative of how things are starting to deteriorate recently. Things will get much worse if there is more civil unrest and it will drive an even greater wedge between Whites and Natives relations.

Lefty-Canuck
01-11-2013, 08:00 AM
[/B]

Resentment seems to be one sided, Mb-MBR's comment isn't the only offensive comment in this thread.

I agree...a lot of nonsense from both sides here.

LC

Alberta Bigbore
01-11-2013, 08:01 AM
[/B]

Well said...

Lets get back to being a happy forum. There will be some changes soon...that will make alot happy... hopefully soon lol