PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Angling Licence?

raggmann
06-10-2008, 10:26 AM
I've searched and came up empty.
My buddy in Saskatchewan was telling me there is a new Canadian Angling Licence that is available.Supposedly it allows fishing in any non-tidal waters in Canada.
Has anyone heard of this?
Apparently you can buy them at Home Hardware stores (among others) in Sask but no one around here knows anything about it and I've been looking on the net and can't find any info.
Thanks in advance,

Outt and Aboutt
06-10-2008, 10:39 AM
A National Parks licence would allow you to fish at lakes in National Parks across Canada. But I've never heard of one that applies at the provincial level. Not likely, as each Province sets its own regulations.
D

Bushmaster
06-10-2008, 09:26 PM
Aprils Fools day is over !! :D

raggmann
06-11-2008, 08:02 AM
We're goin' fishin' there from the 27th-1st.
I'll be lookin' into this a little further once I'm there and I'll let you guys know what's up.

Ragg

Bushmaster
06-11-2008, 09:27 PM
I just bought a Sask. fishing licence. Make sure you get the Canadian Resident licence.....thats what they call it. Hey, maybe thats what he was talking about.
It just means the holder of the licence is a Canadian resident...not that you can fish thru out Canada.

Bowhead
06-12-2008, 08:53 PM
The National Park fishing permit is only good for the National Park you purchased it for. In Alberta you have what they call a Mountain block permit that allows you to fish in all the mountain National parks. Anywhere else you have to buy a permit for each Park. Here in Manitoba it is $38.50, double the cost of a provincial licence and you can only fish 3 lakes in the Park. Not a great deal!!! Bushmaster is right on in regard to the non-resident Canadian licences in other provinces.