PDA

View Full Version : Important Gun Violence Video

Rocky7
01-11-2013, 08:51 PM
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/important-gun-violence-video-to-share-with-friends/

rugatika
01-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Great video. It really illuminates the agenda behind gun bans. They are most definitely not based on any sort of a logical examination of the facts.

When you see the actual data, it's pretty hard to argue that the answer to anything is banning of high cap mags. Like I've said all along, this is about political ideology and nothing about saving lives.

score
01-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Good clip and like he said, a quick analysis such as that only scratches the surface showing how complex the issue really is and how the media, the antis, and the administration would simplify it so. They thought that people are so caught up in the hysteria of the gun that sliding in their agendas may be simple. Given extreme complacency as has been exhibited in the last several years, it could likely have been done however, their agenda cannot stand up to the scrutiny of people with resolve and a refusal to more conformity. The reaction of the people to this issue may have caught them unawares given that it has seemed that the American people have been swimming with the flow uncharacteristically. The Constitution has been trampled on far too much and being that this issue has much more to it than just guns, it may turn out to be the straw that finally breaks the camels back.

pikergolf
01-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Pretty well done.

vcmm
01-11-2013, 10:47 PM
Holly chit. Some body with a brain.This should be a on TV:thinking-006:

CNP
01-11-2013, 10:49 PM
Banning AR-15's will fix everything:snapoutofit::sHa_sarcasticlol:

The video is good. Not emotional. Just some facts. Guns are not the issue. As always, people are the issue.

dantonsen
01-11-2013, 11:59 PM
you are still beating this horse? hahaha....Beat it any more and the glue factory will reject the carcass, lol

rugatika
01-12-2013, 01:08 AM
you are still beating this horse? hahaha....Beat it any more and the glue factory will reject the carcass, lol

How does beating a horse affect it's viability in the glue making process?

Mekanik
01-12-2013, 07:20 AM
Good video.

Shame we don't see that enough, we get blithering talking heads arguing back and forth irrationally.

st99
01-12-2013, 08:17 AM
as good as that video is, the anti's will ignore those fact, they have some pretty damn good blinders in front of their eyes

Cyclops
01-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Interesting. UK has banned guns, they've banned knives (your not even allowed to carry a locking pocket knife there), they're even trying to ban sharp kitchen knives and yet their violent crime rate is three times higher than the US, which all of the anti's love to hold up as the most violent country on Earth. :thinking-006:

HunterDave
01-12-2013, 10:07 AM
I watched that video last week. The video is appropriately titled....."Choosing your own Crime Stats"......which is what the author did. The author chose the stats that he wanted to focus on while ignoring the rest......it's called skewing the facts.

For example, if he had picked the number of violent crimes committed in England vs US involving a gun he would have come up with an entirely different conclusion. Murder rate involving a gun.....the same thing. How about comparing the number of mass shootings to one another? There are many, many combinations of stats that can be cherry picked if you want to but you can't draw any factual conclusions unless you use all of them.

Some might get it while other definitely won't. :)

Cyclops
01-12-2013, 10:16 AM
For example, if he had picked the number of violent crimes committed in England vs US involving a gun he would have come up with an entirely different conclusion. Murder rate involving a gun.....the same thing.

Well yea, they don't have anywhere near the amount of guns that the US has but still violence happens, in fact, it happens at three times the rate. That's the point, taking away all the guns won't stop the violence, it's what a lot of us have been saying all along. The gun is just the tool, the person using it is the problem. There's no skewing the results when he says violent crimes happen at three times the rate as in the US.

score
01-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Holly chit. Some body with a brain.This should be a on TV:thinking-006:

The MSM will never broadcast anything contrary to their attack on guns. The Independants have been pushing back hard and getting common sense information to the public. This fellow would never be interviewed by the MSM but if it were to come to pass, they would somehow discredit him and his insight.

Rocky7
01-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Well yea, they don't have anywhere near the amount of guns that the US has but still violence happens, in fact, it happens at three times the rate. That's the point, taking away all the guns won't stop the violence, it's what a lot of us have been saying all along.

Gun grabbers won't talk about this. They will only talk about "gun violence" and "gun deaths". They believe that people who are shot dead with a gun are deader than people who are stabbed to death, so one should only talk about gun deaths. They believe gun violence is more violent than other kinds of violence so they won't talk about "violent crime", only "gun violence".

If you consider that those people deeply believe that the "thing" is causing the problem, it makes sense. That is why England is now regulating knives.

It is the same kind of thinking that led Druids to drag humungous rocks to Stonehenge, isn't it? They, too, believed that "things" could regulate the level of comfort and safety in their lives. Druids obviously held those beliefs to a more extreme level, but it is the same kind of thinking, although statist gun grabbers are more advanced now and don't believe large rocks are the answer, exactly.

I also find it interesting that those ancient people believed that some human sacrifice would better their condition and so they sometimes ripped the heart out of a few people in the belief that the "greatest good for the greatest number" was paramount. Gun grabbers won't publicly rip out any hearts but they will tolerate very high violent crime levels (England) or gang rape at epidemic levels (India) as a price enlightened countries should be willing to pay to restrict gun ownership and use. Isn't that a form of human sacrifice?

IMO, besides being wrong in fact, they are fairly called modern pagans.

Dan the Saskbertan
01-12-2013, 11:12 AM
Excellent video. I hope common sense will prevail in America and everywhere on this issue.

As far as statistics the anti-gun crowd throw around, I'm not so sure about their veracity because I read somewhere that about 70% of the time that 90% of all statistics are conveniently made up on the spot to suit the argument with an acceptable variance of plus or minus 10 %.... except on Thursdays and during the Super Bowl.

Dan

79ford
01-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Gun grabbers won't talk about this. They will only talk about "gun violence" and "gun deaths". They believe that people who are shot dead with a gun are deader than people who are stabbed to death, so one should only talk about gun deaths. They believe gun violence is more violent than other kinds of violence so they won't talk about "violent crime", only "gun violence".

If you consider that those people deeply believe that the "thing" is causing the problem, it makes sense. That is why England is now regulating knives.

It is the same kind of thinking that led Druids to drag humungous rocks to Stonehenge, isn't it? They, too, believed that "things" could regulate the level of comfort and safety in their lives. Druids obviously held those beliefs to a more extreme level, but it is the same kind of thinking, although statist gun grabbers are more advanced now and don't believe large rocks are the answer, exactly.

I also find it interesting that those ancient people believed that some human sacrifice would better their condition and so they sometimes ripped the heart out of a few people in the belief that the "greatest good for the greatest number" was paramount. Gun grabbers won't publicly rip out any hearts but they will tolerate very high violent crime levels (England) or gang rape at epidemic levels (India) as a price enlightened countries should be willing to pay to restrict gun ownership and use. Isn't that a form of human sacrifice?

IMO, besides being wrong in fact, they are fairly called modern pagans.

I am going to take a 'shot' in the dark and take a 'stab' at 'hammering' out the real reason behind the amount of violence in a society.

Most violence is created by criminal vs criminal violence over drugs and money. There is also the the violence associated with alcohol and other drug users being high or looking for more.

These issues got nothing to do with communists, gun zombies, gun grabbers, gun nuts, right wingers or even guns for that matter. Albeit guns make it much easier to kill other people vs chasing some one down with a knife but thats beaidea the point

Cyclops
01-12-2013, 02:46 PM
Albeit guns make it much easier to kill other people vs chasing some one down with a knife but thats beaidea the point

I don't know about you but I'd rather be 'shot' to death than 'stabbed' to death and I'd rather be 'hammered' in both scenarios...just sayin'. :)

hockey1099
01-12-2013, 06:56 PM
I watched that video last week. The video is appropriately titled....."Choosing your own Crime Stats"......which is what the author did. The author chose the stats that he wanted to focus on while ignoring the rest......it's called skewing the facts.

For example, if he had picked the number of violent crimes committed in England vs US involving a gun he would have come up with an entirely different conclusion. Murder rate involving a gun.....the same thing. How about comparing the number of mass shootings to one another? There are many, many combinations of stats that can be cherry picked if you want to but you can't draw any factual conclusions unless you use all of them.

Some might get it while other definitely won't. :)

I grow tired of your reasoned and articulate posts. You bore me by continuing to see the obvious biased positions on both the left and right. I challenge you to find an extreme centrist position and advocate same. These threads are no fun with sensible posts.

Im going to advocate a gun in everyone's hands but a complete ban on the sale, manufacturing, and importation of ammunination.