PDA

View Full Version : Who likes crappy 80's hair metal and Army Stuff

airbornedeerhunter
01-11-2013, 10:02 PM
Next time you see a guy in uniform at Timmies, buy him a coffee. Or at least slap him on the back. This ain't reality TV!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nz0ZQpBgeFs

bubba 96
01-11-2013, 10:28 PM
Will do that was a slick vid...
And thanks for the service.....

Roughneck12
01-11-2013, 10:33 PM
I wish I was twenty years younger. Do it all over again.
Chimo.

IR_mike
01-11-2013, 10:35 PM
Great vid!!!!!

Thanks for your service and posting the vid.

When you get back to Alberta and are pondering which WMU to draw for moose get a hold of me.

I might have something for you. :)

airbornedeerhunter
01-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Great vid!!!!!

Thanks for your service and posting the vid.

When you get back to Alberta and are pondering which WMU to draw for moose get a hold of me.

I might have something for you. :)

I'm a Boyle man, second bet, up in 349 past Mcdonalds Arch's. That where I shot my wolf and saw the biggest bull of my life.

marlin1
01-11-2013, 10:46 PM
cool vid ,thanks for posting

dumoulin
01-12-2013, 12:27 AM
Very cool, thanks for everything!

rugatika
01-12-2013, 12:28 AM
Crappy? That was some awesome 80's hair metal. Ahhhh, those were the days.

Great vid and thanks to all who serve/served.

Dacotensis
01-12-2013, 12:29 AM
That where I shot my wolf and saw the biggest bull of my life.

But would it go over 60"?:)

catnthehat
01-12-2013, 12:30 AM
The only motivator I need to buy a CAF personal or a fire fighter or LEO a coffee is to see them in uniform at the coffee shop!:)
Cat

Dacotensis
01-12-2013, 12:32 AM
I wish I was twenty years younger. Do it all over again.
Chimo.
Hell ya man!
I think it was one of the better concerts I've been to, can't remember though:thinking-006:
And it is NOT crappy 80's hair metal.

airbornedeerhunter
01-12-2013, 12:38 AM
Kudos to IR Mike for my first AO Chat, that was one of the most serious and informative,respectful conversations I"ve had on here. I will definately hook up with you when I get posted back to Alberta. Cheers.

Steven Noel
01-12-2013, 12:38 AM
Thank you first for the service, and the link was pretty cool too.

HunterDave
01-12-2013, 12:39 AM
Oh yeah, that's good stuff. That should be at the recruiting centres. I've got no problem buying a coffee for the troops even though they do get paid for doing all that fun stuff! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

IR_mike
01-12-2013, 01:19 AM
Kudos to IR Mike for my first AO Chat, that was one of the most serious and informative,respectful conversations I"ve had on here. I will definately hook up with you when I get posted back to Alberta. Cheers.

Thank you for the educational and informative chat......VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Godspeed in comeing back out west. :)

Iron Brew
01-12-2013, 06:53 AM
Great Vid...

A few years ago somebody sent me a youtube clip of some Canadian infantry getting bumped by mr. taliban. They react and do advance to contact and totally mess them. Damned if I can find it again. Love the restraint when needed, and the aggressiveness when needed of Canadian troops.

All those serving, thanks.

colin455
01-12-2013, 08:40 AM
Great video. Gonna forward it my friends that would enjoy it.
BTW. I loved the tune - guess I'm getting old.

rccam1
01-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Iwould go back in a heart beat if I was a younger man.

Whipper Billy
01-12-2013, 10:15 AM
At 1:09 there's a shot of a soldier setup in the snow. The caption that came to mind was "we stand on guard for thee".

Thanks for the service.

ttankster
01-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Good video.... one of my boys is presently posted in Edmonton.

Sooner
01-12-2013, 12:58 PM
COOOOL, great video to one of my favorite bands. Love the tank clips. If you served and are reading this, THANK YOU.

recce43
01-12-2013, 01:21 PM
hows gag town these days ? they still got the camalot in oramocto? lol or the hilltop in fred

greylynx
01-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Just the opinion of a civilian.

What would be wrong with recruiting staff using this U tube spot?

Or does it first have to go through the CYA people at defense Headquarters in Ottawa?

airbornedeerhunter
01-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Just the opinion of a civilian.

What would be wrong with recruiting staff using this U tube spot?

Or does it first have to go through the CYA people at defense Headquarters in Ottawa?

Recruiting would never use it, not allowed. Some clown somewhere would say its too aggressive, too many guns etc.

Recruiting is a real failure in Canada, yes they get people to join but recruiting centers can't target specific elements (Army, Navy, AF) or trades (Infantry) They have to recruit to the Canadian Forces as a whole. Most recruiting centers are staffed by non-combat arms folks who aren't exactly at the tip of the spear. I saw a recruiting kiosk in the mall in Fredericton a few months back, it was manned by a 50+ air force lady who was as wide as she was tall.

The Americans do recruiting right, each element has it's own target agendas and they staff their centers with actual combat veterans from each branch of the services and they all look the part- young, fit and at the top of their game. They use sorted out recruiting videos on TV that have the wow factor like this video does. It makes people want to join! Our commercials are a joke. Its too bad really.

greylynx
01-12-2013, 02:57 PM
We have several school teachers on this forum, active and retired.

What do you think of using ABD's U tube post as a recruitment tool for students interested going into the forces?

I think there should be more women in the film.

Also this is for army, not air force.

Had to qualify that.

Hogie135
01-12-2013, 07:50 PM
We have several school teachers on this forum, active and retired.

What do you think of using ABD's U tube post as a recruitment tool for students interested going into the forces?

I think there should be more women in the film.

Also this is for army, not air force.

Had to qualify that.

There was some air force in there, saw a few of my birds flying around!

Sushi
01-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Stand tall! That was awesome! Thx

Trap
01-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Oh yeah, that's good stuff. That should be at the recruiting centres. I've got no problem buying a coffee for the troops even though they do get paid for doing all that fun stuff! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

They do get paid like you said, but no where near what they should...not even close...quite sad

Matt L.
01-12-2013, 09:43 PM
That was great Airborne. Hard to express the pride I feel in our forces in word alone.